Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore policy on interlining on separate tickets

Singapore policy on interlining on separate tickets

Old Jan 12, 14, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
A risk of travelling on separate tickets. BTW, QF do not (ie. choose not to) through check bags to non one-world partners on separate tickets, but they could if on same ticket. SQ (and a few others) will still allow this, but there are reports of at least one carrier (NZ) who won't even through check baggage on separate tickets with the same airline, and definitely won't to other star alliance partners or completely unaligned airlines.
Yeah, there are some sticky airlines around. I believe BA, Qatar are some really sticky ones who will not let you check through if its not on the same ticket. Fortunately, SQ has been really good in this and I'm thankful they are.

My QF ticket was a single ticket, purchased from QF direct, yet they couldnt check me through, which was strange.
Old Jan 12, 14, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL PLT; EK SLV; VX GLD; HHonors DIAM; SPG Platinum
I did just this last week on SQ, interlining to AA when checking in at Jakarta. The AA flight was booked on a separate itinerary through AA. I provided the AA flight #, ticket # and record locator, and it literally only took the Indonesian check-in staff 30 seconds to do this (I was bracing for a problem).

Here is a list of all airlines with whom SQ has an interline agreement, courtesy of KVS:

AA - AC - AE - AF - AH - AI - AM - AP - AS - AT - AV - AY - AZ - A3 - BA - BD - BE - BG - BI - BP - BR - BT - B6 - B7 - CA - CI - CM - CO - CX - CY - CZ - DJ - DL - EI - EK - ET - EY - FI - FJ - FM - FV - F9 - GA - GE - GF - G3 - HM - HU - HX - IB - IC - IG - IR - IT - IY - JJ - JL - JO - JP - JU - KA - KC - KE - KF - KK - KL - KM - KQ - KU - LA - LG - LH - LO - LP - LR - LX - LY - ME - MF - MH - MI - MK - MS - MU - NF - NH - NW - NX - NZ - OA - OK - OM - OS - OU - OZ - PD - PG - PK - PR - PS - PX - PZ - QF - QR - QV - RA - RB - RJ - RO - SA - SB - SC - SK - SN - SQ - SU - SV - SW - S7 - TA - TG - TK - TP - T0 - UA - UL - UN - UO - US - UX - VA - VN - VS - VX - WF - WY - XL - XR - ZH - 4M - 9B - 9W

Interestingly, the flight journey on SQ commenced in Jakarta over 24 hours before the departure time of my connecting flight on AA, so SQ was able to check my bag in for the AA flight before I was able to check in as a passenger on AA.
Old Jan 13, 14, 5:37 am

wrong thread
Old Jan 27, 14, 11:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Nice list. Am contemplating a flight from SIN on SQ that then connects to a BA flight (bought as separate ticket). So I take it there will be no issue interlining, which is sweet because I believe that if I was on BA first and then connecting to SQ then BA wouldn't check-in my luggage all the way...
Old Jan 27, 14, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Its here on the FAQ : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-airlines.html

As for aster's question - yes, SQ will interline to BA on seperate tickets. BA however will only interline if SQ is booked on the same reservation / ticket, or its a Oneworld carrier on seperate tickets.

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1 View Post
Interestingly, the flight journey on SQ commenced in Jakarta over 24 hours before the departure time of my connecting flight on AA, so SQ was able to check my bag in for the AA flight before I was able to check in as a passenger on AA.
A connection is the time the arrival flight and the connecting flight is not more than 24 hours. Not the departure time of your SQ flight.
Old Jan 29, 14, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL PLT; EK SLV; VX GLD; HHonors DIAM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Its here on the FAQ : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-airlines.html

As for aster's question - yes, SQ will interline to BA on seperate tickets. BA however will only interline if SQ is booked on the same reservation / ticket, or its a Oneworld carrier on seperate tickets.

A connection is the time the arrival flight and the connecting flight is not more than 24 hours. Not the departure time of your SQ flight.
To be clear, what I was attempting to point out was that AA does not permit check-in for its flights prior to 24 in advance. As I was ticketed separately on SQ vs. AA, and my flight departed Jakarta more than 24 hours in advance of my initial AA flight departing SFO, I was able to check my bag in for the AA flight earlier than I would have been allowed to check-in as a passenger for the AA flight (because the AA flight was ticketed separately).
Old Feb 3, 14, 1:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1 View Post
I did just this last week on SQ, interlining to AA when checking in at Jakarta. The AA flight was booked on a separate itinerary through AA. I provided the AA flight #, ticket # and record locator, and it literally only took the Indonesian check-in staff 30 seconds to do this (I was bracing for a problem).

Here is a list of all airlines with whom SQ has an interline agreement, courtesy of KVS:

AA - AC - AE - AF - AH - AI - AM - AP - AS - AT - AV - AY - AZ - A3 - BA - BD - BE - BG - BI - BP - BR - BT - B6 - B7 - CA - CI - CM - CO - CX - CY - CZ - DJ - DL - EI - EK - ET - EY - FI - FJ - FM - FV - F9 - GA - GE - GF - G3 - HM - HU - HX - IB - IC - IG - IR - IT - IY - JJ - JL - JO - JP - JU - KA - KC - KE - KF - KK - KL - KM - KQ - KU - LA - LG - LH - LO - LP - LR - LX - LY - ME - MF - MH - MI - MK - MS - MU - NF - NH - NW - NX - NZ - OA - OK - OM - OS - OU - OZ - PD - PG - PK - PR - PS - PX - PZ - QF - QR - QV - RA - RB - RJ - RO - SA - SB - SC - SK - SN - SQ - SU - SV - SW - S7 - TA - TG - TK - TP - T0 - UA - UL - UN - UO - US - UX - VA - VN - VS - VX - WF - WY - XL - XR - ZH - 4M - 9B - 9W

Great list, thanks! I'm disappointed not to see AB on the list; I guess I'll have to recheck my bag in FRA.
Old Feb 4, 14, 9:14 am

While its good having this in the form of a sticky/ FT post, is there anything formal on the SQ website/ terms and conditions about this? Got a statement from SQ that they "do it as a favour" (interlining on separate tickets), but I'm trying to make a point that it is a pretty standard thing to do.
Old Feb 8, 14, 1:45 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
SQ does not check through to AA

Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
..is there anything formal on the SQ website/ terms and conditions about this? Got a statement from SQ that they "do it as a favour" (interlining on separate tickets), but I'm trying to make a point that it is a pretty standard thing to do.
I was denied checking through to AA when checking in with SQ.

Good thing I made the necessary arrangement as I never trust the service culture here. I brought along the interline list and the CI agent first printed the tags but then shredded them after staring at the monitor.

Asked for a second opinion from a sup and agent confirmed that it cannot be done after a call lasting about 1.5 seconds . So the list while likely correct isn't very meaningful and you should most certainly not rely on it.

To be fair though SQ always helped me out when checking through to LH, OS, or BA.
Old Jul 1, 14, 12:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Will this work for different class of bookings as well?
For instance I plan to book SQ SIN-ZRH in F and the 2nd connection on LO in Y which would have much lower baggage allowance.

I am aware that normally the longer distance allowance is applicable to whole journey but these will be two separate tickets in two different classes, can I expect any issues at the check in counter?
Old Jul 2, 14, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stiwi View Post
Will this work for different class of bookings as well?
For instance I plan to book SQ SIN-ZRH in F and the 2nd connection on LO in Y which would have much lower baggage allowance.

I am aware that normally the longer distance allowance is applicable to whole journey but these will be two separate tickets in two different classes, can I expect any issues at the check in counter?
SQ will check your bag through on LO. It is then up to LO to decide if they will charge you extra for exceeding your baggage allowances. But usually no as they will just accept you as arriving from SQ, and yes even on seperate tickets. I've done it and have usually gotten away with it - except with CX when they did note the difference in baggage allowances and I've got to pay for the excess.
Old Jul 2, 14, 2:32 am

OZ connecting in SFO tried to get me to pay overweight and excess baggage charges when connecting on a separate ticket, DL had already interlined them, they tried to collect it when issuing my BP after looking at my bag tags.

KE did the same when connecting in HND to GMP, but it was on the same ticket! They tried to say I was only flying KE inter-asia, so I had to abide by their 20kg rule, rather than the transpacific allowance 2pc allowance. It was a number of years back, so I didn't call them out on the MSC rules.
Old Dec 23, 14, 7:33 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Any change in interlining policy between SQ and LH?

Need to book two separate flights/bookings on these airlines with a 1:15 connection time in MUC, so can only do this if the bags can be checked in all the way.
Old Dec 23, 14, 8:25 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
just did SQ to LX 2 weeks ago on separate tickets.
Old Dec 24, 14, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aster View Post
Any change in interlining policy between SQ and LH?

Need to book two separate flights/bookings on these airlines with a 1:15 connection time in MUC, so can only do this if the bags can be checked in all the way.
No problem as far as I see. Ever. It never changed as far as I know.

Search this Thread