Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The challange to pay more than what website charges...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)

I'll be in SE Asia in September and, due to a change of flights by TG, I'll have some extra hours of vacation.

I decided to rearrange the trip a bit and to visit Singapore for one night. I'll be in BKK and I'm willing to buy a SQ return ticket on SQ973/978 (next day). In addition, I have two evouchers from LH which are expiring in September, so it seems the perfect chance to use them and upgrade to C class in these 330 flights.

The problem is that LH evouchers can only be used in SN in fare classes B, Y and S. The most expansive fare in coach that the website offers to me to buy is E.

I called SQ reservations office in Sao Paulo and they confirmed me that - as usual in *A - higher classes in Y (Super Flexi) are E, B, Y. Oddly enough, they can not sell this BKK SIN BKK ticket to me from Sao Paulo ticketing office and, if they did, I would have to pay almost three times the price the website shows for class E... (fare class of this ticket would be Q, they told me)

So, I decided to call SQ HQ reservation center in Singapore. I explained to the polite and friendly rep that I want a B-fare ticket in the flights above. She was a bit confused in the beginning about why I wanted to pay more (there is a $50 fee to pay for emissions over the phone) and needed to talk to her supervisor.

Well, for my complete lack of understanding, even in Singapore they can neither issue a ticket for a journey that starts in Thailand nor give me the final fare for it (!!!). The better that she could do to me was to make a reservation in B-fare and she asked me to call Bangkok reservations office, what I'll do on Monday.

I'm a bit concerned though that this fare will end up being more expansive then necessary for some lack of knowledge of the reps - and I would prefer not to pay the $50 fee for emissions over the phone as well.

Any tips if this possible to force the website to show me B fare so I can buy it directly? Any comments appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Alex
Old Aug 17, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SQ, UA, JL- JGC/Sapphire, AA, DL, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, Marriott-gold
not sure if I m correct, however, your intention is BKK-SIN-BKK, it s better to approach
SQ BKK office, not in sg. if you don't mind paying a lot more, just buy two one way tkts
online (BKK-SIN, SIN-BKK), it is almost always Y-subclass. of course i dont think it very realistic though.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want to purchase ex-BKK fare, you can call a TA or SQ BKK office.@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.