J Award > Suite Award

Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

J Award > Suite Award

Posted this over on sqtalk, but this forum seems to be quite a bit more active, so I figured I'd give it a shot here too.

I booked 2x J award for an RT JFK-FRA trip on the A380 for late Sept, coming back early Oct. I couldn't figure out how to get the website to waitlist F and still allow me to have J regardless, so after booking & confirming J I called the SQ hotline and the agent added the F waitlist to my booking. Now, I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do in the mean time to up my chances of having that clear? I also seem to remember (but can't find) reading that when you have both a confirmed and waitlisted seat under the same booking for the same trip, they will never clear - any validity to that?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:38 am
Original Poster

No one?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The reason why this forum is more active than over at SQTalk is that the majority of people here are first time SQ flyers joining Krisflyer and redeeming saver awards to fly Business and Suites which they have no chance of redeeming otherwise through normal FFPs. Hence the multiple questions of asking 1) Will my waitlist clear, 2) What are Business and Suites like, 3) What is BTC?

SQTalk, on the other hand are where the real SQ flyers are. The ones who paid and travel in premium classes on SQ flights thereby earning them PPS status and other privileges and who may not have the time or patience to keep answering the same questions to people who don't know anything about SQ.

There is the sticky on the top of this forum which is there for a reason yet many people don't bother reading it.

But to alleviate your fears, You're fine with your waitlist. Nothing you can do To increase your chances unless you can get PPS status in 3 weeks.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
The reason why this forum is more active than over at SQTalk is that the majority of people here are first time SQ flyers joining Krisflyer and redeeming saver awards to fly Business and Suites which they have no chance of redeeming otherwise through normal FFPs. Hence the multiple questions of asking 1) Will my waitlist clear, 2) What are Business and Suites like, 3) What is BTC?

SQTalk, on the other hand are where the real SQ flyers are. The ones who paid and travel in premium classes on SQ flights thereby earning them PPS status and other privileges and who may not have the time or patience to keep answering the same questions to people who don't know anything about SQ.

There is the sticky on the top of this forum which is there for a reason yet many people don't bother reading it.

But to alleviate your fears, You're fine with your waitlist. Nothing you can do To increase your chances unless you can get PPS status in 3 weeks.
Thanks! Will see what I end up with..
Old Aug 25, 2013, 3:21 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by dmurray1414
when you have both a confirmed and waitlisted seat under the same booking for the same trip, they will never clear - any validity to that?
No validity IME - have had F wait list confirm when already had J conf - and vice versa.

Currently have Suite Saver conf FRA-SIN-MEL on Sept 2 and J Saver w/l same date/same flt - may fly J if it conf - prolly stick to F though.

Your best bet is to continually check online for availability - keep calling SQ/KF call ctr in SIN and keep asking - Suites/F do become available - I cancelled F PVG-SIN con Suite SIN-MEL on Jul 26 for Jul 28 flts - 2 days before flts - so they do become available sometimes when you might have given up hope.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; Aug 25, 2013 at 3:29 am
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
No validity IME - have had F wait list confirm when already had J conf - and vice versa.

Currently have Suite Saver conf FRA-SIN-MEL on Sept 2 and J Saver w/l same date/same flt - may fly J if it conf - prolly stick to F though.

Your best bet is to continually check online for availability - keep calling SQ/KF call ctr in SIN and keep asking - Suites/F do become available - I cancelled F PVG-SIN con Suite SIN-MEL on Jul 26 for Jul 28 flts - 2 days before flts - so they do become available sometimes when you might have given up hope.
Cool, thanks. I have heard mention of calling the SQ center in SIN, is there a special number for that? Are you suggesting they sometimes clear the w/l even when there is no availability online?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Cool, thanks. I have heard mention of calling the SQ center in SIN, is there a special number for that?
SQ/KF in Sing - 65 6788 8188
Are you suggesting they sometimes clear the w/l even when there is no availability online?
No not really - I am saying they will definitively know if indeed there is availability but not showing online.But recently I could see availability online that CSP claimed was not available - I persisted - Saver redemption secured a few moments later.

IME it just pays to check online / keep calling KF call ctr / check online / keep calling KF call ctr - with patience perserverence and an ounce of luck amazing what can be achieved. KF call ctr CSO are fabulous - treat them nicely - benefits will flow.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
SQ/KF in Sing - 65 6788 8188No not really - I am saying they will definitively know if indeed there is availability but not showing online.But recently I could see availability online that CSP claimed was not available - I persisted - Saver redemption secured a few moments later.

IME it just pays to check online / keep calling KF call ctr / check online / keep calling KF call ctr - with patience perserverence and an ounce of luck amazing what can be achieved. KF call ctr CSO are fabulous - treat them nicely - benefits will flow.
Thanks again!!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:29 am

It should be 65 6789 8188?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
If OP is US-based, is there a reason he should be +65 number and getting charged for international calls if he can just dial a US number which, I believe, routes to the same call center?

The number is (213) 404-0301 (if calling from US). I've called it many times when dealing with award flights and have been under impression that it's a Singapore call center. Technically, it's a long-distance call but most cell phone plans have long-distance included as opposed to international calls to Asia
Old Aug 29, 2013, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luv_flying
It should be 65 6789 8188?
Yep, that's it, I googled it before I called and just figured it was a typo. They unfortunately were not able to do anything for me, but I'll keep trying.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Rusdude
If OP is US-based, is there a reason he should be +65 number and getting charged for international calls if he can just dial a US number which, I believe, routes to the same call center?

The number is (213) 404-0301 (if calling from US). I've called it many times when dealing with award flights and have been under impression that it's a Singapore call center. Technically, it's a long-distance call but most cell phone plans have long-distance included as opposed to international calls to Asia
I've had to call about 5 times due to schedule changes on an award coming up in Feb. Prior to this I've never been on SQ, and have no status. If I call the USA number during normal business hours in Singapore, the call goes to the Singapore call center (helpful). During other hours, sometimes it is clearly going to India (not at all helpful), and one time I even had a girl with a thick Russian accent (helpful), no guess where she was from.

I suspect if you call the SIN number, you get the SIN call center every time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.