Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Temporary Closure of SilverKris Lounge at Sydney Airport

Temporary Closure of SilverKris Lounge at Sydney Airport

Old Nov 9, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
Lets hope the lounge ladies let *G in after the facelift (the lounges, not the ladies) Some are terrible at telling you to go to NZ lounge if on UA, AC, TG, OZ etc. The amount of times I have to remind them of *G benefits (they even have a *G sign at the door).

The NZ lounge can be very busy and SQ can be much more peaceful-not to mention better bubbles and dim sum!

SYD/YYZ
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:39 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
That's disappointing that the lounge is still closed. I can't believe they didn't offer at least their Suite/First passengers to use the QF lounge as everyone here agress that the NZ lounge is terribly overcrowded already and it doesn't get you off to a good start if you are flying First on SQ.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I just transited SYD and man, the Koru lounge is awful!!! Worst crowding I have seen at any lounge. I felt like I was in Mumbai during rush hour. Food was gone within minutes of hitting the tables, and then not replenished. Not good.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:29 am
formerly danblar

Originally Posted by blueman2
I just transited SYD and man, the Koru lounge is awful!!! Worst crowding I have seen at any lounge. I felt like I was in Mumbai during rush hour. Food was gone within minutes of hitting the tables, and then not replenished. Not good.
All NZ longes are below par as far as asia-pacific standard goes. I have contacted some people pretty high up in SQ and their answers were pretty vague, "announcements will be made in due time" etc..
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:01 am

Rumoured to re-open today, any word from anyone? :P
Old Dec 1, 2013, 1:29 pm

SQ website says lounge will reopen in "mid-December".
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
What will be interesting is if they have made it any smaller? NZ is planing a major upgrade for there SYD Lounge in 2014 and they want to go bigger.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:37 am

There's a recent yelp review (Dec. 3) of the lounge, not sure if they are talking about the renovated lounge or not. Looks crowded in the photos. http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/silver-kris-lounge-mascot
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
There's a recent yelp review (Dec. 3) of the lounge, not sure if they are talking about the renovated lounge or not. Looks crowded in the photos. http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/silver-kris-lounge-mascot
the photos are of the old lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Lets hope the lounge dragons are more aware of the international F star alliance access once it is opened.. I always have to fight my way into that lounge when travelling F on TG.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 4:19 pm

We like that SQ tries to keep the F lounge for SQ passengers. The lounge would get too crowded if they let in all the other *F passengers.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:10 am

Anyone been through SYD on * now that this Silver Kris Lounge has reopened?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by everywhere
Anyone been through SYD on * now that this Silver Kris Lounge has reopened?
There is a new thread about this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...dney-open.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.