SilverKris Lounge in Changi

Old May 31, 13, 8:34 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
SilverKris Lounge in Changi

All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?
cboon is offline  
Old May 31, 13, 9:11 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Posts: 1,381
Originally Posted by cboon View Post
All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?
No if you do not have *G.

If you are *G, you are entitled to one guest.
tycosiao is offline  
Old May 31, 13, 1:28 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Little dot on map
Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Posts: 25,759
Originally Posted by tycosiao View Post
No if you do not have *G.

If you are *G, you are entitled to one guest.
No, I think the economy class passenger can access the Krisflyer lounge and not the Silver Kris lounge so OP must go to the KF lounge.
Guy Betsy is offline  
Old Jun 4, 13, 7:27 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR, KUL
Programs: MH, AC, AS
Posts: 1,726
The OP should note that the SKL is not a *G lounge, so being a *G member doesn't entitle you to a guest.

The designated *G lounges in T2 and T3 are the Krisflyer Gold lounges, though they're very underwhelming.
SilverChris is offline  
Old Jun 4, 13, 9:22 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: body: A stone's throw from SFO, mind: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 17,033
Originally Posted by cboon View Post
All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?
The information so far, while correct, is not coherently placed together.

As a C/J pax on *A you're entitle to SilverKris Lounge (SKL) access.

A C/J pax is not given guest benefits, this is a benefit of being *G.

If you desire to spend time with a Y pax (and you have *G) you can join them in the Kris Gold lounge.

Otherwise you do not have guesting privileges and cannot spend time in a lounge with your Y pax friend.
dsquared37 is offline  
Old Jun 6, 13, 12:17 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: HHonors Diamond VIP, Marriott Silver, Goldpoints Silver, A-Club, Priority Club Blue
Posts: 75
Was there yesterday - when flying with a Lufthansa ticket, also *G guests can only enter when having a business ticket. Eco will not work.

Another question to somebody who is visiting the SilverKris lounge in Terminal 2 at Changi: We had a very good red wine called Palo Alto Reserva, but unfortunately, I forgot to write down from which year this wine is. Would be very happy if somebody could post a picture from the label or send me the details from the bottle...
markmde is offline  
Old Jun 9, 13, 5:10 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany
Programs: IC Amb, Priority Plat, Accor Plat, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Posts: 498
Lounge access

Hi

Routing through singapore on way back to Europe. Flying business out of singapore to connect in Bangkok with F return to Europe. All flights on star alliance.

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.

I have a 3 hour layover in BKK. But intend to check bags through.

Does anyone know the way it works in singapore.

I know When flying Lufthansa connection flights to F you get access to senator lounges so hoping its the same with SQ.

Thanks.
dewby is offline  
Old Jun 9, 13, 7:33 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,121
Originally Posted by dewby View Post
Hi

Routing through singapore on way back to Europe. Flying business out of singapore to connect in Bangkok with F return to Europe. All flights on star alliance.

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.

I have a 3 hour layover in BKK. But intend to check bags through.

Does anyone know the way it works in singapore.

I know When flying Lufthansa connection flights to F you get access to senator lounges so hoping its the same with SQ.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, I don't think you will have access to the F section.
aurigakb is offline  
Old Jun 9, 13, 9:43 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: body: A stone's throw from SFO, mind: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 17,033
Originally Posted by dewby View Post

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.
Flying C exSIN will get you into the SKL C side only.

Having a downwind F segment does not give you F lounge access.
dsquared37 is offline  
Old Jun 9, 13, 10:41 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 35,448
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
..If you desire to spend time with a Y pax (and you have *G) you can join them in the Kris Gold lounge.

Otherwise you do not have guesting privileges and cannot spend time in a lounge with your Y pax friend.
You can of course go onto a pillage spree through the SilverKris lounge beforehand and harvest edible food and spirits only to navigate back to the *G refugee camp.

The soft drinks and the Internet connection are quite ok in the *G lounge afterall....
weero is offline  
Old Jun 10, 13, 2:44 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ZOA, SFO, HKG
Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Posts: 12,750
Originally Posted by markmde View Post
Another question to somebody who is visiting the SilverKris lounge in Terminal 2 at Changi: We had a very good red wine called Palo Alto Reserva, but unfortunately, I forgot to write down from which year this wine is. Would be very happy if somebody could post a picture from the label or send me the details from the bottle...
This one?

Palo Alto Reserve Red '08
garykung is offline  
Old Jun 10, 13, 7:24 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: body: A stone's throw from SFO, mind: SE Asia
Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Posts: 17,033
Originally Posted by weero View Post
You can of course go onto a pillage spree through the SilverKris lounge beforehand and harvest edible food and spirits only to navigate back to the *G refugee camp.

The soft drinks and the Internet connection are quite ok in the *G lounge afterall....
Ah, the foraging party. I think hard drink is similar as well (minus grape based product).
dsquared37 is offline  
Old Jun 11, 13, 12:30 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 35,448
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
Ah, the foraging party. I think hard drink is similar as well (minus grape based product).
Yep.

You have to bring your own plastic bags and bowls though as even the generally uninterested SQ employees might not tolerate the abduction of the china to the lesser *G grounds.
weero is offline  
Old Jun 24, 13, 3:01 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Programs: HHonors Diamond VIP, Marriott Silver, Goldpoints Silver, A-Club, Priority Club Blue
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by garykung View Post
Not sure... Did you see the 2008 in the lounge? Or is it a guess?
markmde is offline  
Old Jun 24, 13, 9:22 pm
  #15  
TA
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: if it's Thursday, this must be Belgium
Programs: UA 1K MM
Posts: 6,210
Smuggle food out of the lounge into the *G lounge? How? All the food they serve are full meal style soups, rices, curries. What, are you going to bring a tupperware container and bowls?

If one of the things you enjoy is the class and feeling of the SKL, this is certainly not in line with it!
TA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: