FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SilverKris Lounge in Changi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1471802-silverkris-lounge-changi.html)

cboon May 31, 13 7:34 am

SilverKris Lounge in Changi

All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?

tycosiao May 31, 13 8:11 am

Originally Posted by cboon (Post 20841726)
All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?

No if you do not have *G.

If you are *G, you are entitled to one guest.

Guy Betsy May 31, 13 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 20841920)
No if you do not have *G.

If you are *G, you are entitled to one guest.

No, I think the economy class passenger can access the Krisflyer lounge and not the Silver Kris lounge so OP must go to the KF lounge.

SilverChris Jun 4, 13 6:27 pm

The OP should note that the SKL is not a *G lounge, so being a *G member doesn't entitle you to a guest.

The designated *G lounges in T2 and T3 are the Krisflyer Gold lounges, though they're very underwhelming.

dsquared37 Jun 4, 13 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by cboon (Post 20841726)
All,

The information so far, while correct, is not coherently placed together.

As a C/J pax on *A you're entitle to SilverKris Lounge (SKL) access.

A C/J pax is not given guest benefits, this is a benefit of being *G.

If you desire to spend time with a Y pax (and you have *G) you can join them in the Kris Gold lounge.

Otherwise you do not have guesting privileges and cannot spend time in a lounge with your Y pax friend.

markmde Jun 6, 13 11:17 am

Was there yesterday - when flying with a Lufthansa ticket, also *G guests can only enter when having a business ticket. Eco will not work.

Another question to somebody who is visiting the SilverKris lounge in Terminal 2 at Changi: We had a very good red wine called Palo Alto Reserva, but unfortunately, I forgot to write down from which year this wine is. Would be very happy if somebody could post a picture from the label or send me the details from the bottle...

dewby Jun 9, 13 4:10 am

Lounge access

Hi

Routing through singapore on way back to Europe. Flying business out of singapore to connect in Bangkok with F return to Europe. All flights on star alliance.

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.

I have a 3 hour layover in BKK. But intend to check bags through.

Does anyone know the way it works in singapore.

I know When flying Lufthansa connection flights to F you get access to senator lounges so hoping its the same with SQ.

Thanks.

aurigakb Jun 9, 13 6:33 am

Originally Posted by dewby (Post 20890653)
Hi

Routing through singapore on way back to Europe. Flying business out of singapore to connect in Bangkok with F return to Europe. All flights on star alliance.

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.

I have a 3 hour layover in BKK. But intend to check bags through.

Does anyone know the way it works in singapore.

I know When flying Lufthansa connection flights to F you get access to senator lounges so hoping its the same with SQ.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will have access to the F section.

dsquared37 Jun 9, 13 8:43 am

Originally Posted by dewby (Post 20890653)

Flying C exSIN will get you into the SKL C side only.

Having a downwind F segment does not give you F lounge access.

weero Jun 9, 13 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 20867711)
..If you desire to spend time with a Y pax (and you have *G) you can join them in the Kris Gold lounge.

Otherwise you do not have guesting privileges and cannot spend time in a lounge with your Y pax friend.

You can of course go onto a pillage spree through the SilverKris lounge beforehand and harvest edible food and spirits only to navigate back to the *G refugee camp.

The soft drinks and the Internet connection are quite ok in the *G lounge afterall....

garykung Jun 10, 13 1:44 am

Originally Posted by markmde (Post 20876785)
Another question to somebody who is visiting the SilverKris lounge in Terminal 2 at Changi: We had a very good red wine called Palo Alto Reserva, but unfortunately, I forgot to write down from which year this wine is. Would be very happy if somebody could post a picture from the label or send me the details from the bottle...

This one?

Palo Alto Reserve Red '08

dsquared37 Jun 10, 13 6:24 am

Originally Posted by weero (Post 20894330)
You can of course go onto a pillage spree through the SilverKris lounge beforehand and harvest edible food and spirits only to navigate back to the *G refugee camp.

The soft drinks and the Internet connection are quite ok in the *G lounge afterall....

Ah, the foraging party. :D I think hard drink is similar as well (minus grape based product).

weero Jun 10, 13 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 20895599)
Ah, the foraging party. :D I think hard drink is similar as well (minus grape based product).

Yep.

You have to bring your own plastic bags and bowls though as even the generally uninterested SQ employees might not tolerate the abduction of the china to the lesser *G grounds.

markmde Jun 24, 13 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by garykung (Post 20894888)

Not sure... Did you see the 2008 in the lounge? Or is it a guess?

TA Jun 24, 13 8:22 pm

Smuggle food out of the lounge into the *G lounge? How? All the food they serve are full meal style soups, rices, curries. What, are you going to bring a tupperware container and bowls?

If one of the things you enjoy is the class and feeling of the SKL, this is certainly not in line with it!

garykung Jun 25, 13 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by markmde (Post 20981357)

I don't know. Just want to see if this helps your memory.

TelFunku Jun 26, 13 10:46 am

Originally Posted by markmde (Post 20981357)

Checked in the SIN lounge today - it's 2011

markmde Jun 27, 13 7:29 am

Originally Posted by TelFunku (Post 20993573)
Checked in the SIN lounge today - it's 2011

Thanks to garykung and especially TelFunku!

dsquared37 Jun 27, 13 9:15 am

Originally Posted by TA (Post 20983262)
Smuggle food out of the lounge into the *G lounge? How? All the food they serve are full meal style soups, rices, curries. What, are you going to bring a tupperware container and bowls?

If one of the things you enjoy is the class and feeling of the SKL, this is certainly not in line with it!

I've never seen it but there are cetinaly stories of pax having zip lock bags and taking food.

If ever in possession of a zip lock id just carry out booze. :D

weero Jun 27, 13 10:47 am

Originally Posted by TA (Post 20983262)

They have lots of cakes, sandwiches, alcohol in bottles, and seasonally ice cream.

I agree that for the good stews at al, you have to bring containers or plastic bags.

This is why I said you should not abduct the china to the *G lounge ... that would fit the SilverKris style.

weero Jun 27, 13 10:56 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 20999236)
I've never seen it but there are cetinaly stories of pax having zip lock bags and taking food..

Did not have this in the SilverKris lounge but in the dreaded Panorama lounge in ZRH. A large family from from an IT country hogged the entire buffet. They abducted all bottles to their two tables and had an echelon of 5 members at the buffet to guarantee immediately scavenging any offerings being brought there.

To round off the lasting cultural impression, two youngsters played loud whiny music off YouTube on the laptop speakers.

As the lounge staff was unwilling to do anything about it, I first asked politely for the sound to be turned off, then gave them a 20 second short shrift to shut the machine down otherwise I'd pour the ice water I secured over it. The eldest and chief verbally attacked me but closed the lid when my countdown reached three.

So robbing a modest percentage of the exhibits must perfectly in line with *A etiquette :rolleyes: ...

leuchtturm Jul 2, 13 2:55 am

Just a short question.

When flying First from Europe to Singapore (SQ) and having a connection flight from Singapore in Business (SQ, no First available on that flight), do I have access to SilverKris First Class lounge?

stargold Jul 2, 13 3:52 am

Yes - in fact you will be invited to the Private Room. Your boarding pass may already say "You are invited to the Private Room", but if not, show your inbound F or R boarding pass to the receptionist when entering.

pgur Nov 27, 13 2:40 pm

Can we use the SKL lounge on arrival?

I arrive very early morning into Changi and I am flying First. Can I access their SKL F lounge for a shower and breakfast before proceeding for my meetings ? Do they allow "ARRIVALS" concept access ?

stargold Nov 27, 13 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by pgur (Post 21865448)
I arrive very early morning into Changi and I am flying First. Can I access their SKL F lounge for a shower and breakfast before proceeding for my meetings ? Do they allow "ARRIVALS" concept access ?

No, unless you're PPS Solitaire (which I'm assuming you're not since it's not indicated on your profile)

dmlee18 Nov 30, 13 8:24 pm

Hi,

I'll be flying through Changi for the first time next month. Sort of complicated, but here goes...

I'm arriving on Qatar in paid Y just past midnight, but will be departing from Changi in TG C to BKK twelve hrs later, and then from BKK to MXP in TG F.

My questions are:

- If I can access any SQ lounges and if so, are they open 24hrs?
- Are there slumber rooms in any of the SQ C lounges?
- If I wanted to exit the airport and visit the city for a bit, can I drop off my bag in a lounge?
- TG appears to depart from a different terminal and the SQ lounges are in other terminals, would I be able to access a different terminal even though I have a TG ticket?

Sorry for all the newbie questions! Thanks for your help!!

antkleve Nov 30, 13 10:02 pm

SKL are open 24 hours but there are no slumber rooms in the SKL. You could leave your bag unattended in the lounge, however, it may not be there when you return. TG departs from terminal 1, SKL are in terminal 2 or 3.

MSPeconomist Nov 30, 13 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by antkleve (Post 21880543)
SKL are open 24 hours but there are no slumber rooms in the SKL. You could leave your bag unattended in the lounge, however, it may not be there when you return. TG departs from terminal 1, SKL are in terminal 2 or 3.

Yes, and the entire airport is connected airside, although the little trams between terminals stop running at 2:30 am.

dmlee18 Nov 30, 13 11:42 pm

Thank you antkleve and MSPeconomist!

italdesign Dec 8, 13 11:27 pm

I'm wondering how late the food is served in the J lounge. My flight is at 2:30 am and I may want to get some food around then. Would there be any desirable food in the lounge at that time?

rathin100 Dec 9, 13 4:01 am

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 21929955)
I'm wondering how late the food is served in the J lounge. My flight is at 2:30 am and I may want to get some food around then. Would there be any desirable food in the lounge at that time?

Yes it does

I took a flight (same flight -- to Delhi? ) last week at 0230 and the T2 lounge, to my surprise had full service upto 0150 when I departed. ^

Sitting in T3 SKL now and it's noisy and full, and the loos were dirty :td: ...T2 seems generally quieter and cleaner but maybe it's just the time I'm here...

italdesign Dec 9, 13 8:36 am

Originally Posted by rathin100 (Post 21930657)
Yes it does

I took a flight (same flight -- to Delhi? ) last week at 0230 and the T2 lounge, to my surprise had full service upto 0150 when I departed. ^

Awesome, thanks! Mine is to Moscow onto Houston :)

austinpop Dec 9, 13 4:43 pm

SilverKris Lounge in Changi

What about kids? We're not *G, but we're ex-SIN with 2 adults in C, while our teenage kids are in Y. No lounge access?

stargold Dec 9, 13 4:51 pm

Teenage kids will certainly count as guest unless the lounge receptionist chooses to make an exception. And C ticket of course does not grant any guests. I would perhaps gently ask, but be fully prepared not to be granted access.

austinpop Dec 9, 13 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by stargold (Post 21935012)
Teenage kids will certainly count as guest unless the lounge receptionist chooses to make an exception. And C ticket of course does not grant any guests. I would perhaps gently ask, but be fully prepared not to be granted access.

OK thanks. Good to know. I don't see SQ's lounge guidelines published anywhere. I guess we'll have to do without, or maybe check out one of the Priority Pass lounges. I'm guessing there's no system of day passes for purchase for the SilverKris lounge?

rathin100 Dec 10, 13 1:03 am

Originally Posted by austinpop (Post 21936149)
OK thanks. Good to know. I don't see SQ's lounge guidelines published anywhere. I guess we'll have to do without, or maybe check out one of the Priority Pass lounges. I'm guessing there's no system of day passes for purchase for the SilverKris lounge?

Sorry, No. SQ are very strict about their lounges

transportprof Apr 6, 14 2:53 pm

Access on EVA J ticket

I've got a flight booked SIN-TPE on Eva Air in J. As a *G, could I access to the SilverKris lounge in either Terminals 2 or 3 before my flight?

If I can, and because Eva Air departs from Terminal 1, which SKL would FTers recommend for this trip?

SilverChris Apr 6, 14 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 22659491)
I've got a flight booked SIN-TPE on Eva Air in J. As a *G, could I access to the SilverKris lounge in either Terminals 2 or 3 before my flight?

If I can, and because Eva Air departs from Terminal 1, which SKL would FTers recommend for this trip?

You'll have access with a *A Biz BP, *G isn't necessary.

The SKL T3 is more spacious than its T2 counterpart, but the offerings are similar.

elgato Apr 6, 14 11:40 pm

Hi, do I get Lounge access when arriving in Suites and having a flight with tigerair 3 hours later?

SilverChris Apr 7, 14 4:25 am

Originally Posted by elgato (Post 22661511)
Hi, do I get Lounge access when arriving in Suites and having a flight with tigerair 3 hours later?

No. You might have a shot if you're connecting to SQ Y, but absolutely not for TR.

If you really need lounge access I would recommend showing only your SQ Suites BP and saying you want to freshen up before heading into the city, but don't be disappointed if you're turned away as it's not an arrivals lounge.