FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SilverKris Lounge in Changi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1471802-silverkris-lounge-changi.html)

cboon May 31, 13 8:34 am

SilverKris Lounge in Changi
 
All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?

tycosiao May 31, 13 9:11 am


Originally Posted by cboon (Post 20841726)
All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?

No if you do not have *G.

If you are *G, you are entitled to one guest.

Guy Betsy May 31, 13 1:28 pm


Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 20841920)
No if you do not have *G.

If you are *G, you are entitled to one guest.

No, I think the economy class passenger can access the Krisflyer lounge and not the Silver Kris lounge so OP must go to the KF lounge.

SilverChris Jun 4, 13 7:27 pm

The OP should note that the SKL is not a *G lounge, so being a *G member doesn't entitle you to a guest.

The designated *G lounges in T2 and T3 are the Krisflyer Gold lounges, though they're very underwhelming.

dsquared37 Jun 4, 13 9:22 pm


Originally Posted by cboon (Post 20841726)
All,
If I'm flying Business class - i will have access to SilverKris Lounge. Can I bring someone travelling in Y as a guest?

The information so far, while correct, is not coherently placed together.

As a C/J pax on *A you're entitle to SilverKris Lounge (SKL) access.

A C/J pax is not given guest benefits, this is a benefit of being *G.

If you desire to spend time with a Y pax (and you have *G) you can join them in the Kris Gold lounge.

Otherwise you do not have guesting privileges and cannot spend time in a lounge with your Y pax friend.

markmde Jun 6, 13 12:17 pm

Was there yesterday - when flying with a Lufthansa ticket, also *G guests can only enter when having a business ticket. Eco will not work.

Another question to somebody who is visiting the SilverKris lounge in Terminal 2 at Changi: We had a very good red wine called Palo Alto Reserva, but unfortunately, I forgot to write down from which year this wine is. Would be very happy if somebody could post a picture from the label or send me the details from the bottle...

dewby Jun 9, 13 5:10 am

Lounge access
 
Hi

Routing through singapore on way back to Europe. Flying business out of singapore to connect in Bangkok with F return to Europe. All flights on star alliance.

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.

I have a 3 hour layover in BKK. But intend to check bags through.

Does anyone know the way it works in singapore.

I know When flying Lufthansa connection flights to F you get access to senator lounges so hoping its the same with SQ.

Thanks.

aurigakb Jun 9, 13 7:33 am


Originally Posted by dewby (Post 20890653)
Hi

Routing through singapore on way back to Europe. Flying business out of singapore to connect in Bangkok with F return to Europe. All flights on star alliance.

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.

I have a 3 hour layover in BKK. But intend to check bags through.

Does anyone know the way it works in singapore.

I know When flying Lufthansa connection flights to F you get access to senator lounges so hoping its the same with SQ.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't think you will have access to the F section.

dsquared37 Jun 9, 13 9:43 am


Originally Posted by dewby (Post 20890653)

I know I get access to silverkris lounge but wonder which side. I was under the impression that due to my connection in F I go to the first class section. There is no F flight on such a short route or I would have taken that.

Flying C exSIN will get you into the SKL C side only.

Having a downwind F segment does not give you F lounge access.

weero Jun 9, 13 10:41 pm


Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 20867711)
..If you desire to spend time with a Y pax (and you have *G) you can join them in the Kris Gold lounge.

Otherwise you do not have guesting privileges and cannot spend time in a lounge with your Y pax friend.

You can of course go onto a pillage spree through the SilverKris lounge beforehand and harvest edible food and spirits only to navigate back to the *G refugee camp.

The soft drinks and the Internet connection are quite ok in the *G lounge afterall....

garykung Jun 10, 13 2:44 am


Originally Posted by markmde (Post 20876785)
Another question to somebody who is visiting the SilverKris lounge in Terminal 2 at Changi: We had a very good red wine called Palo Alto Reserva, but unfortunately, I forgot to write down from which year this wine is. Would be very happy if somebody could post a picture from the label or send me the details from the bottle...

This one?

Palo Alto Reserve Red '08

dsquared37 Jun 10, 13 7:24 am


Originally Posted by weero (Post 20894330)
You can of course go onto a pillage spree through the SilverKris lounge beforehand and harvest edible food and spirits only to navigate back to the *G refugee camp.

The soft drinks and the Internet connection are quite ok in the *G lounge afterall....

Ah, the foraging party. :D I think hard drink is similar as well (minus grape based product).

weero Jun 11, 13 12:30 am


Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 20895599)
Ah, the foraging party. :D I think hard drink is similar as well (minus grape based product).

Yep.

You have to bring your own plastic bags and bowls though as even the generally uninterested SQ employees might not tolerate the abduction of the china to the lesser *G grounds.

markmde Jun 24, 13 3:01 pm


Originally Posted by garykung (Post 20894888)

Not sure... Did you see the 2008 in the lounge? Or is it a guess?

TA Jun 24, 13 9:22 pm

Smuggle food out of the lounge into the *G lounge? How? All the food they serve are full meal style soups, rices, curries. What, are you going to bring a tupperware container and bowls?

If one of the things you enjoy is the class and feeling of the SKL, this is certainly not in line with it!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:25 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.