SilverKris Lounge in Changi

Old Jun 25, 13, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by markmde View Post
Not sure... Did you see the 2008 in the lounge? Or is it a guess?
I don't know. Just want to see if this helps your memory.
Old Jun 26, 13, 11:46 am

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by markmde View Post
Not sure... Did you see the 2008 in the lounge? Or is it a guess?
Checked in the SIN lounge today - it's 2011
Old Jun 27, 13, 8:29 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond VIP, Marriott Silver, Goldpoints Silver, A-Club, Priority Club Blue
Originally Posted by TelFunku View Post
Checked in the SIN lounge today - it's 2011
Thanks to garykung and especially TelFunku!
Old Jun 27, 13, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by TA View Post
Smuggle food out of the lounge into the *G lounge? How? All the food they serve are full meal style soups, rices, curries. What, are you going to bring a tupperware container and bowls?

If one of the things you enjoy is the class and feeling of the SKL, this is certainly not in line with it!
I've never seen it but there are cetinaly stories of pax having zip lock bags and taking food.

If ever in possession of a zip lock id just carry out booze.
Old Jun 27, 13, 11:47 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by TA View Post
Smuggle food out of the lounge into the *G lounge? How? All the food they serve are full meal style soups, rices, curries. What, are you going to bring a tupperware container and bowls?
They have lots of cakes, sandwiches, alcohol in bottles, and seasonally ice cream.

I agree that for the good stews at al, you have to bring containers or plastic bags.
If one of the things you enjoy is the class and feeling of the SKL, this is certainly not in line with it!
This is why I said you should not abduct the china to the *G lounge ... that would fit the SilverKris style.
Old Jun 27, 13, 11:56 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
I've never seen it but there are cetinaly stories of pax having zip lock bags and taking food..
Did not have this in the SilverKris lounge but in the dreaded Panorama lounge in ZRH. A large family from from an IT country hogged the entire buffet. They abducted all bottles to their two tables and had an echelon of 5 members at the buffet to guarantee immediately scavenging any offerings being brought there.

To round off the lasting cultural impression, two youngsters played loud whiny music off YouTube on the laptop speakers.

As the lounge staff was unwilling to do anything about it, I first asked politely for the sound to be turned off, then gave them a 20 second short shrift to shut the machine down otherwise I'd pour the ice water I secured over it. The eldest and chief verbally attacked me but closed the lid when my countdown reached three.

So robbing a modest percentage of the exhibits must perfectly in line with *A etiquette ...
Old Jul 2, 13, 3:55 am

Just a short question.

When flying First from Europe to Singapore (SQ) and having a connection flight from Singapore in Business (SQ, no First available on that flight), do I have access to SilverKris First Class lounge?
Old Jul 2, 13, 4:52 am

Yes - in fact you will be invited to the Private Room. Your boarding pass may already say "You are invited to the Private Room", but if not, show your inbound F or R boarding pass to the receptionist when entering.
Old Nov 27, 13, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy Plat, HH Dia
Can we use the SKL lounge on arrival?

I arrive very early morning into Changi and I am flying First. Can I access their SKL F lounge for a shower and breakfast before proceeding for my meetings ? Do they allow "ARRIVALS" concept access ?
Old Nov 27, 13, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by pgur View Post
I arrive very early morning into Changi and I am flying First. Can I access their SKL F lounge for a shower and breakfast before proceeding for my meetings ? Do they allow "ARRIVALS" concept access ?
No, unless you're PPS Solitaire (which I'm assuming you're not since it's not indicated on your profile)
Old Nov 30, 13, 9:24 pm

Hi,

I'll be flying through Changi for the first time next month. Sort of complicated, but here goes...

I'm arriving on Qatar in paid Y just past midnight, but will be departing from Changi in TG C to BKK twelve hrs later, and then from BKK to MXP in TG F.

My questions are:

- If I can access any SQ lounges and if so, are they open 24hrs?
- Are there slumber rooms in any of the SQ C lounges?
- If I wanted to exit the airport and visit the city for a bit, can I drop off my bag in a lounge?
- TG appears to depart from a different terminal and the SQ lounges are in other terminals, would I be able to access a different terminal even though I have a TG ticket?

Sorry for all the newbie questions! Thanks for your help!!
Old Nov 30, 13, 11:02 pm

SKL are open 24 hours but there are no slumber rooms in the SKL. You could leave your bag unattended in the lounge, however, it may not be there when you return. TG departs from terminal 1, SKL are in terminal 2 or 3.
Old Nov 30, 13, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by antkleve View Post
SKL are open 24 hours but there are no slumber rooms in the SKL. You could leave your bag unattended in the lounge, however, it may not be there when you return. TG departs from terminal 1, SKL are in terminal 2 or 3.
Yes, and the entire airport is connected airside, although the little trams between terminals stop running at 2:30 am.
Old Dec 1, 13, 12:42 am

Thank you antkleve and MSPeconomist!
Old Dec 9, 13, 12:27 am

Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
I'm wondering how late the food is served in the J lounge. My flight is at 2:30 am and I may want to get some food around then. Would there be any desirable food in the lounge at that time?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: