Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2
I had the Dim Sum selection from Book the Cook for breakfast and I thought it was quite good.
arrrr.dim sum, my weakness
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Originally Posted by adamsto
i'm flying business class so no poached egg and lobster for breakfast , how ever I ordered lobster thermidor for supper

is nasi lemak from BTC worth to order that for breakfast instead of having choice os standard breakfast menu ?
I ordered the nasi lemak once and it was not worth it at all. I really did not enjoy that breakfast. I guess one of the main reasons is that nasi lemak in Singapore is not the same as served traditionally in Malaysia which IMHO is the only nasi lemak which deserves that name.
It had all kinds of weird items with it. The best Nasi Lemak is on MH.

I am also going for the Dim Sum as that is something which is probably easier to keep for a flight.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: STAR ALLIANCE SILVER (FTL); FB SILVER, ACCOR PLATINUM
ok, so probably will change my selection and will cancel nasi lemak order...however dim sum is not my favourite one as well...so maybe will order just seafood meal for breakfast or will wait just for standard serving...
anyway thanks for advices
Old Nov 2, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
I am trying to decide whether I should go ahead with the Thermidor, or go a la carte on the day of the flight.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Book the cook is only middle of flight.. Is there anyway they can give/ serve you, your order before the flight or pre-take off for health/ medical reasons on request?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by coffeeblack
I am trying to decide whether I should go ahead with the Thermidor, or go a la carte on the day of the flight.
Order the thermidor, and if you prefer something on the menu when on the flight, tell them you want to change up.

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
Book the cook is only middle of flight.. Is there anyway they can give/ serve you, your order before the flight or pre-take off for health/ medical reasons on request?
You mean have them serve your meal before the flight takes off? When the crew is trying to board a plane-load of passengers and complete pre-flight checks? I know they serve beverages but I'd imagine no matter what legitimate health reason you might have they would ask that you eat in the lounge and board just before door close.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
I don't think this is possible, even if you insisted on it.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by coffeeblack
As somebody else has pointed out, go with the Thermidor, and if you don't like it, ask the stewardesses to get you something else.

This was my Lobster Thermidor Dish on SQ322. It was awesome.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by fimo
You mean have them serve your meal before the flight takes off? When the crew is trying to board a plane-load of passengers and complete pre-flight checks? I know they serve beverages but I'd imagine no matter what legitimate health reason you might have they would ask that you eat in the lounge and board just before door close.
I figured it was not gonna happen. Will eat at lounge/ airport restaurants then.
PS: I had no idea that Book your Cook kind of thing even existed so my apologies.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Ex sin nut encrusted veal underwhelming. Ex sin red duck curry superb!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Talking

Great thread and my first lobster thermidor was a result of this thread. Loved it! Thanks for all the great recommendations esp ex-SIN. ^

Will need some recommendations for BTC on the following flights:

HKG-SIN (Dinner): Beef Tenderloin, Butabara Shogayaki?, Grilled Fillet of beef, Roasted Tasmania Salmon, Oven Baked Cod Fish, Pan Fried Seabass?

MEL-SIN (Supper) : Chicken in macadamia nut crust, grilled beef, indian lamb shank curry, pan-fried barramundi, seared salmon escalope, toasted multigrain bread (for supper?), lamb loin in curry?

Thanks for the recommendations!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:46 pm

In order to book the cook, you call any phone number to request them? or somewhere online to request? Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: SQ *G, SPG Plat, IHG Plat, Le Accor Silver, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nature1370
In order to book the cook, you call any phone number to request them? or somewhere online to request? Thanks.
Go to manage bookings, choose your meals.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:28 pm

Programs: STAR ALLIANCE SILVER (FTL); FB SILVER, ACCOR PLATINUM
everyone is so happy with lobster thermidor, that I'm thinking to change my plans )) as for now (as we are travelling with my friend) we ordered 2 different meals to try both , so lobster thermidor for him and grilled chilean seabass for me (as plan is to eat half of that dish and half of another....but as I see only positive comments about thermidor I am thinking that half of the lobster will not be enough for me... ;( ....so plans should be changed problably am I right ?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by adamsto
everyone is so happy with lobster thermidor, that I'm thinking to change my plans )) as for now (as we are travelling with my friend) we ordered 2 different meals to try both , so lobster thermidor for him and grilled chilean seabass for me (as plan is to eat half of that dish and half of another....but as I see only positive comments about thermidor I am thinking that half of the lobster will not be enough for me... ;( ....so plans should be changed problably am I right ?
I would never share my lobster...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.