Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Has anyone tried the Baked King Prawn with Chilli Sauce (Served with Taiwan cabbage and fragrant steamed rice) option ex-SIN? How is it? A picture would be great if someone has one to share!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:14 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I see satay is now available to choose as a main. Please may I ask has anyone tried it and apart from the obvious, what does it come with? The description in Book the Cook just days chicken and beef satay which of course is an appetiser on many services so how does the main differ?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
You get a lot more sticks of satay -- if I recall correctly, I think 8 sticks in total. The satay is served with ketupat and the normal accompaniments.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
Has anyone tried the Baked King Prawn with Chilli Sauce (Served with Taiwan cabbage and fragrant steamed rice) option ex-SIN? How is it? A picture would be great if someone has one to share!
Had this in 2012 on a SIN-ZRH flight and I recall it was quite tasty.

Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I see satay is now available to choose as a main. Please may I ask has anyone tried it and apart from the obvious, what does it come with? The description in Book the Cook just days chicken and beef satay which of course is an appetiser on many services so how does the main differ?
Satay has been on the BTC menu for as long as I could remember. Just ordered it for the first time on a flight to BNE last month. The difference is that you get a double portion (six sticks), served with usual onions and cucumber, plus ketupat (rice cake), which isn't in the canape version.

Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:22 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
Thank you! I don't often look at Book the Cook but I really never had notice satay before. Given the other possibilities I think I'll give it a miss.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cowie
Had this in 2012 on a SIN-ZRH flight and I recall it was quite tasty.

Thank you Cowie!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 3:24 pm

Just booked the following BTC selections ... any feedback from those who have tried these? We still have time to change our selections before departure...

SQ 863 HKG - SIN LUNCH : Book The Cook - Steamed seabass with chinhua ham

SQ 863 HKG - SIN LUNCH : Book The Cook - Stir fried chicken and abalone

SQ 221 SIN - SYD DINNER : Book The Cook - Chinese style cod with fried rice (by Chef Zhu Jun)

SQ 221 SIN - SYD DINNER : Book The Cook - Wholesome codfish and soy chicken with brown lamien (by Chef Zhu Jun)
Old Dec 24, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Looking at having one Japanese meal in my 3 selections on SQ 11 in Business Class (SIN-NRT-LAX).
Which one would you choose?
SIN-NRT (11 items)
NRT-LAX Dinner (11 items)
NRT-LAX Lunch (7 items, seems to be a smaller meal)

So, I'm thinking on NRT-LAX the Japanese Meal catering would be better ex-NRT, right? But I know some of you have experience so just confirming this.
Thanks for any experiences. And FYI I've had fantastic Japanese food in Singapore so I wouldn't be surprised if it was great too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.