FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   First name misspelled on booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1459139-first-name-misspelled-booking.html)

pschafer Apr 17, 2013 4:48 am

First name misspelled on booking

I just booked award tickets for myself and my husband on SQ using points from US Airways. After printing all the e-tickets etc I noticed my husband's first name was misspelled (2 letters transposed) - I immediately called US and the agent said she could not do anything without cancelling the ticket - but she sent a message to SQ regarding the error.

Where to go from here - will this be OK - should I call SQ - please advise. I am concerned that a cancel and re-book will be problematic as the seats may not be returned to the award inventory. (To further complicate things my middle name is not showing on my booked even though I provided it).

Many thanks.

UAPremExecflyer Apr 17, 2013 5:40 am

R-E-L-A-X!
Two transposed letters will not cause you a problem.
This happens all the time. You will be fine.
If your name was Mary White and your ticket was in the name of Susan Black, then you would have a challenge.

Guy Betsy Apr 17, 2013 9:13 am

Originally Posted by pschafer (Post 20605377)
I just booked award tickets for myself and my husband on SQ using points from US Airways. After printing all the e-tickets etc I noticed my husband's first name was misspelled (2 letters transposed) - I immediately called US and the agent said she could not do anything without cancelling the ticket - but she sent a message to SQ regarding the error.

Where to go from here - will this be OK - should I call SQ - please advise. I am concerned that a cancel and re-book will be problematic as the seats may not be returned to the award inventory. (To further complicate things my middle name is not showing on my booked even though I provided it).

Many thanks.

This really isn't SQ's problem because you booked it thru US Airways and it is them that should correct the situation should you be worried about it.

pschafer Apr 17, 2013 2:52 pm

UA - thanks for the reassurance. GB - US agreed that it was their problem and were willing to "fix" it but said they would need to cancel the booking to make the change in which case the award inventory might not be available. It is SQ who might cause the "problem" on checkin which was why I was asking on this forum.

aurigakb Apr 17, 2013 9:55 pm

I don't think SQ will make life difficult for you over this. In my experience, they actually changed the spelling on the boarding pass to match with the passport, so that there won't be any issues at security/immigration. ( This was at Changi).

indo79 Apr 18, 2013 1:11 am

I used my miles to issue 2 awards on SQ, this was not even a name error, it was a prefix error. Mine was Mr. and hers was also Mr. instead of Ms. SQ would not let us check in at CGK.

We had to call UA from the airport and I got yelled yet for not making sure that it was Ms. I already noticed the error when the ticket was issued and emailed to me. I already called UA twice to ask about this and both times, UA agents said it was not an issue.

At the airport, it became an issue. We cancelled the tickets and rebooked for 2 days later. No compensation from UA whatsoever since it was "my" fault that I didn't check