Changi. Which Kris Lounge is best

Old Apr 6, 13, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold

Next month I'm transiting in Singapore with a long stopover. I may go in to town to grab a bite to eat or go for a swim at the transit hotel, but if I stay at the airport, which business class SQ lounge do you recommend?

I arrive on a Saturday at 17:40 on SQ and depart at 23:10 on an LX flight both in business class. I'm not Gold (anymore) and I'm assuming LX uses SQ lounges (there's nothing on their website as Singapore is a fairly new destination for LX).

I'm told T2 can be quieter during these hours.

All recommendations gratefully received.
Old Apr 6, 13, 9:04 pm

Unfortunately, you are flying out on LX, which mean you don't get access to the amazing SilverKris (SQ J and F only) lounges. You will only get access to the subpar, but still decent enough, Krisflyer Gold lounges. They are only in T3 and T2, and you are better off going to whichever is closer, as they are nearly the same. I've always found T3 to be pretty busy, T2 less so, but still busy.
Old Apr 6, 13, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by SirJman View Post
Unfortunately, you are flying out on LX, which mean you don't get access to the amazing SilverKris (SQ J and F only) lounges. You will only get access to the subpar, but still decent enough, Krisflyer Gold lounges. They are only in T3 and T2, and you are better off going to whichever is closer, as they are nearly the same. I've always found T3 to be pretty busy, T2 less so, but still busy.
Last I knew LX was in *A and the SKL was a *A business lounge. Did something change?
Old Apr 6, 13, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman View Post
LH Biz tickets were entitled to SKL Lounge access in the past and i dont think that has been changed. As LX is part of the LH Group i assume they will be covered under the same arrangement.

I recommend using the lounge in the terminal you are departing. It doesnt make sense to use the T3 lounge if departing in T2. Its justing limiting your time in the lounge and you have to use the skytrain to get to near your gate.
Old Apr 7, 13, 1:06 am

I think the SKL at T3 has a nice feel than the one at T2. Larger, more spacious, although you would expect it to be quite busy at that time of the day, especially towards the later part of the evening.
Old Apr 7, 13, 3:19 am

The T3 lounges are far superior to the T2 ones, both the J SKL and the F SKL (but the F lounges are a bit of a joke as an F lounge)
Old Apr 7, 13, 5:47 am

I don't see the difference much between the T2 and T3 lounges, and I very much prefer the former as it is not a little, but a lot less packed during the peak hours...
Old Apr 7, 13, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by belfordrocks View Post
I don't see the difference much between the T2 and T3 lounges, and I very much prefer the former as it is not a little, but a lot less packed during the peak hours...
In the T2 J lounge I have been unable to find sparkling water and champagne - I don't know if it happened to be just the day that I was there, but I haven't gone back since.
Old Apr 7, 13, 10:56 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by belfordrocks View Post
+1, I really don't see much difference in the lounges and prefer T2 during peak hours.
Old Apr 7, 13, 11:14 am

Also in terms of the terminals themselves I much prefer T2 which feels a lot warmer and has better shops/facilities too... T3 feels way to sterile by comparison.
Old Apr 7, 13, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K .97MM, IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Will KF Gold lounge in T3 accept a paid United Club membership card? Or only Gold status?

Flight would be SQ one time, UA another
Old Sep 15, 13, 4:46 am

Programs: AS, AY, DL, PP
This thread is a few months old now but I had a similar question and I figured it would probably be best to ask it here, sorry to bump it.

I too am looking for the best lounge as I have several hours to spare in the middle of the night and don't feel like going into town or hanging out at the transit hotel, but I simply cannot make sense of the lounge requirements (I guess my confusion comes from Silk Air's relationship with *A and SQ).

I am flying out of SIN on a Silk Air (SQ coded) flight in Business Class.

It's a *A award ticket issued by UA (and I will arrive in SIN via TK and SQ if that matters).

Any input is very much appreciated, thanks!
Old Sep 15, 13, 5:53 am

You should get access, but I want to know how you got a Silk Air flight on a Star Alliance award
Old Sep 15, 13, 6:19 am

Perusing through this thread I am now feeling a little nervous that my entry on SQ from CPH-SIN but departing on TG will not warrant access to J SKL. On J ticket.

So am I able to access SK J lounge?
Old Sep 15, 13, 6:23 am

On a J ticket = yes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: