Changi. Which Kris Lounge is best

Old Sep 18, 13, 9:39 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,158
I just checked it. What the f$%? Are there other routes with MI Wetleases?

I mean if you arent carefully you pay SQ prices for an lower-cost product on MI. But anyhow, MI Biz Prices are on par with SQs on Indian routes for example.
SQ325 is offline  
Old Sep 18, 13, 11:10 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
Posts: 410
Originally Posted by SQ325 View Post
I just checked it. What the f§$%? Are there other routes with MI Wetleases?

I mean if you arent carefully you pay SQ prices for an lower-cost product on MI. But anyhow, MI Biz Prices are on par with SQs on Indian routes for example.
As far as am aware. This only happened to sq182 and sq181 sin-bwn-sin. The rest are code sharing.
yauee is offline  
Old Sep 19, 13, 11:46 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 35,433
Originally Posted by SQ325 View Post
..But anyhow, MI Biz Prices are on par with SQs on Indian routes for example.
So true! And I cannot fathom who'd pay for that ????

It is such an inferior product at all corners, I'd take Jetstar over MI if I had to make a choice.
weero is offline  
Old Oct 10, 13, 11:48 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Utah
Programs: AS, AY, DL, PP
Posts: 454
Originally Posted by yauee View Post
Need to correct myself as it should be B773 instead of B772

Fair or not sometime just got to bear with it. As it listed in their timetable where you definitely given to choice to select B773 or A320 so you can definitely avoid the crabeep, :-)


To BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN BWN GMT+8:00
1 . . . 5 . . 0835/1040 SQ182 Non-Stop B777-300
Disc. OCT25
. . . 4 . . 7 0905/1115 SQ182 Non-Stop A320
1 . . . 5 . . 0905/1115 SQ182 Non-Stop B777-300
Eff. OCT28
. .3. . . . 1350/1600 SQ182 Non-Stop A320

To SINGAPORE SIN GMT+8:00
1 . . . 5 . . 1140/1350 SQ181 Non-Stop B777-300
Disc. OCT25
. . . 4 . . 7 1220/1430 SQ181 Non-Stop A320
1 . . . 5 . . 1220/1430 SQ181 Non-Stop B777-300
Eff. OCT28
. .3. . . . 1705/1915 SQ181 Non-Stop A320
In a way I was looking forward to trying SilkAir but there turned out to be an equipment change and I ended up on an SQ 777-300 instead. This was quite surprising to me so I asked the gate agent about it and was told that this is a really frequent occurrence and when SQ have planes available they sometimes "take the route back". I really wonder what their contract looks like.
Leviticus is offline  
Old Oct 11, 13, 1:03 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 35,433
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
In a way I was looking forward to trying SilkAir but there turned out to be an equipment change and I ended up on an SQ 777-300 instead.
Be grateful. MI is nothing to look forward to in any way.
I really wonder what their contract looks like.
Doesn't SQ simply 100% own them?

I always thought that SQ has this sub-brand to offer low quality, unsafe travel at high cost, and to enjoy legal segregation if something happens and to save money by not offering lounge access and miles to the alliance.
weero is offline  
Old Oct 13, 13, 1:20 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Utah
Programs: AS, AY, DL, PP
Posts: 454
Originally Posted by weero View Post
Be grateful. MI is nothing to look forward to in any way.

Doesn't SQ simply 100% own them?

I always thought that SQ has this sub-brand to offer low quality, unsafe travel at high cost, and to enjoy legal segregation if something happens and to save money by not offering lounge access and miles to the alliance.
Wow those are some harsh words, I am aware of their sub-par in-flight service but I highly doubt that the SIA Group or anyone else for that matter would dare to run unsafe flights, especially when they can afford it as their prices mostly seem rather high to me. Beside, they have only ever had one serious accident.
Leviticus is offline  
Old Oct 13, 13, 3:41 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist "lite"
Posts: 2,243
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
Wow those are some harsh words,
That's weero allright ^
LH4116 is offline  
Old Oct 13, 13, 4:29 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SIN/ZRH (time, not preference)
Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Posts: 35,433
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
..SIA Group or anyone else for that matter would dare to run unsafe flights, especially when they can afford it as their prices mostly seem rather high to me. Beside, they have only ever had one serious accident.
But a very, very, very serious one under beyond questionable circumstances. And with little or no follow up on public communication on how they want to prevent this from ever happening again.

But my main grievance is not that one very deplorable episode but the general low quality product offered by MI for the price of full legacy carriers.
weero is offline  
Old Oct 30, 13, 8:52 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,416
I have the same question

I am departing Singapore May 21 in J to ICN on SQ 608. The flight leaves at 12:10am. I will have arrived from Kuching on an Air Asia paid ticket at 6:00pm.

Which lounge should I go to and what should I do for 6 hours? This will be my first time ever flying on SQ.

Besides the web site, is there somewhere else here on FT or elsewhere on the web with information about SQ J lounge amenities and features? I know I'll want to take a shower before the flight and after a full day of sightseeing and traveling.

As stated earlier, what makes the J lounge so amazing?
susiesan is offline  
Old Oct 30, 13, 9:52 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: LX, BA, SQ, MH
Posts: 333
Originally Posted by susiesan View Post
I am departing Singapore May 21 in J to ICN on SQ 608. The flight leaves at 12:10am. I will have arrived from Kuching on an Air Asia paid ticket at 6:00pm.

Which lounge should I go to and what should I do for 6 hours? This will be my first time ever flying on SQ.

Besides the web site, is there somewhere else here on FT or elsewhere on the web with information about SQ J lounge amenities and features? I know I'll want to take a shower before the flight and after a full day of sightseeing and traveling.

As stated earlier, what makes the J lounge so amazing?
There is a dedicated website for SQ called SQTalk. You can find all the information on SQ there.

The lounge is good because it has extensive food offerings, has a great drinks selection, offers nice showers and seating areas as well as various newspapers, magazines etc. There are Mac computers for you to surf the internet and there is free wifi. Staff service is usually very attentive and friendly. There is no WOW factor in the Business class lounge. However in comparison to many other airlines it is very good. I guess an SQ lounge in SIN is what people expect from a good lounge as usually lounges are more dissapointing than satisfactory in many parts of the world.
LAX888 is offline  
Old Oct 31, 13, 9:58 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,416
The only lounges in that part of the world I have visited are the CX lounge at HKI and the JL lounge at Narita. Both are excellent.

As we will be at the lounge during the dinner hour, is there enough food out to make a meal? Is there an actual sit down restaurant like CX has or is it just a self serve buffet? Or would we be better off going into the terminal and getting dinner at a restaurant?

Thanks for the tip about SQ Talk web site. I didn't know about that. Will check it out.

Last edited by susiesan; Oct 31, 13 at 10:15 am
susiesan is offline  
Old Nov 2, 13, 8:50 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 266
I have an arriving flight on SQ Biz 3PM and a leaving flight on LH Biz midnight at Changi airport this coming month. So I have a long time to spend at the Changi airport. I am wondering which lounges I have access based on my tickets. Thanks. I have been to First Kris lounge 3 times in the past, I have to say the foods are one of top favorites. I am not sure if I can have access to that lounge again. My guess is not. So I need your help for tips on lounges. Thanks.
nature1370 is offline  
Old Nov 2, 13, 9:30 pm
  #43  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: various
Posts: 2,920
Originally Posted by susiesan View Post
The only lounges in that part of the world I have visited are the CX lounge at HKI and the JL lounge at Narita. Both are excellent.

As we will be at the lounge during the dinner hour, is there enough food out to make a meal? Is there an actual sit down restaurant like CX has or is it just a self serve buffet? Or would we be better off going into the terminal and getting dinner at a restaurant?

Thanks for the tip about SQ Talk web site. I didn't know about that. Will check it out.
Buffet arrangement, albeit with a large selection of food of a reasonable standard. Sit down option if you are in F.
soy is offline  
Old Nov 2, 13, 9:32 pm
  #44  
soy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: DUB-BOS
Programs: various
Posts: 2,920
Originally Posted by nature1370 View Post
I have an arriving flight on SQ Biz 3PM and a leaving flight on LH Biz midnight at Changi airport this coming month. So I have a long time to spend at the Changi airport. I am wondering which lounges I have access based on my tickets. Thanks. I have been to First Kris lounge 3 times in the past, I have to say the foods are one of top favorites. I am not sure if I can have access to that lounge again. My guess is not. So I need your help for tips on lounges. Thanks.
You will be able to use the Silverkris Lounge. There are several and all are comparable, so just go to the one that is closest.
soy is offline  
Old Nov 2, 13, 10:39 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 266
Originally Posted by soy View Post
You will be able to use the Silverkris Lounge. There are several and all are comparable, so just go to the one that is closest.
Thanks for your quick reply. The private lounge inside the Silverkris Lounge is dedicated only for SQ first class passengers?
nature1370 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: