Changi. Which Kris Lounge is best

Old Sep 15, 13, 8:48 am

Programs: AS, AY, DL, PP
Originally Posted by belfordrocks View Post
You should get access, but I want to know how you got a Silk Air flight on a Star Alliance award
I used UA miles to book HAN-BKK-SIN-BWN - they issued me a United ticket number, all three flights have SQ flight numbers but they are operated by TK, SQ and Silk. So yeah, it looks a little funny I really don't mind trying new airlines though and I haven't flown Silk before.

I figured they would let me in somewhere, the question is just which lounge. This is the exact stated requirement (on the airport website) for the SIA SilverKris Lounge:

"All Star Alliance (First Class / Business Class), SilkAir Business Class and Economy Class Passengers holding PPS Membership Card"

Am I Star Alliance? Well my ticket is, just not the operating airline (despite being owned by one.

Does the last part mean SilkAir Business Class is OK or does it mean "Business Class and Economy Class [...] holding PPS Membership" ?
Old Sep 15, 13, 8:51 am

SilkAir business class is good.. though I need to figure out how to get it on a UA award.
Old Sep 15, 13, 9:30 am

SilkAir business class is good.. though I need to figure out how to get it on a UA award.
I am not entirely sure either but I saw this in a different thread:

Originally Posted by weero View Post
You cannot upgrade an MP award on SQ. [...] there is de facto no [biz] availability on SQ for MP members...
Perhaps that's why I only got SQ coded Silk Air results when searching for a business award for an under served (by *A carriers in general) location like BWN.
Old Sep 15, 13, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
Am I Star Alliance? Well my ticket is, just not the operating airline (despite being owned by one.
No you are a Silkair Business Class Passenger having access to the SilverKris Lounge. As StarGold flying in Silkair Y you would not have Lounge access, Silkair is not part of the star alliance (metal counts not ticketed airline).

My advise for the flight: Avoid seats in row 1, the legroom is inferior.

I wonder have you ever flown on Silks J?
Old Sep 15, 13, 11:27 am

No, I meant SilkAir business class is good for SKL access. Still yet to figure out how to book it on a UA award though.
Old Sep 15, 13, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by SQ325 View Post
No you are a Silkair Business Class Passenger having access to the SilverKris Lounge. As StarGold flying in Silkair Y you would not have Lounge access, Silkair is not part of the star alliance (metal counts not ticketed airline).
Thanks for the detailed explanation, that actually makes a perfect sense!
Old Sep 16, 13, 1:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
SQ SKL should be able to accept you reason sq181 and sq182 are operated by both SQ b772 and MI A320 pretty much depends which day you will be with them.

You will entitled *A benefit shall be coded SQ.
Old Sep 16, 13, 9:06 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
No, I meant SilkAir business class is good for SKL access. Still yet to figure out how to book it on a UA award though.
Isn't the BWN a "special" case, more of a wet lease type arrangement, that is to say an SQ flight using a Silkair aircraft/crew, versus a SQ codeshare on MI flight, thus is actually a star alliance flight and therefore bookable via star alliance programs. There isn't even an MI code on the flight, even through they operate it, and if you try to book SIN-BWN on the Silkair website, it re-directs you to the Singapore airlines website.
Old Sep 16, 13, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
..I am flying out of SIN on a Silk Air (SQ coded) flight in Business Class.

It's a *A award ticket issued by UA (and I will arrive in SIN via TK and SQ if that matters)..
How on Earth did you get a SinkAir award with MP miles ? SinkAir is not part of the *A.

Or is lokijuh's explanation the real deal? I did not know that.
Old Sep 16, 13, 7:25 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
This thread is a few months old now but I had a similar question and I figured it would probably be best to ask it here, sorry to bump it.

I too am looking for the best lounge as I have several hours to spare in the middle of the night and don't feel like going into town or hanging out at the transit hotel, but I simply cannot make sense of the lounge requirements (I guess my confusion comes from Silk Air's relationship with *A and SQ).

I am flying out of SIN on a Silk Air (SQ coded) flight in Business Class.

It's a *A award ticket issued by UA (and I will arrive in SIN via TK and SQ if that matters).

Any input is very much appreciated, thanks!
Silk Ar biz will get access to SKL J. Whether it is a reward ticket or not doesn't matter.

Just note, if you are truly there middle of the night (after last SQ flight goes out, which on some nights is the BCN flight around 2am, but could be earlier if not), the food offerings disappear until they start serving breakfast. During that dead time, staff are able to offer only instant noodles, in my experience.
Old Sep 16, 13, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal View Post
..Just note, if you are truly there middle of the night (after last SQ flight goes out, which on some nights is the BCN flight around 2am, but could be earlier if not), the food offerings disappear until they start serving breakfast. During that dead time, staff are able to offer only instant noodles, in my experience.
Just get stuffed on the plane, then drunk in the lounge, and then have a nice nap in the SKL.
Old Sep 17, 13, 9:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold, KF Classic, Accor Plus Platinum, HHonors Diamond, M&C Loyalty Gold
..I am flying out of SIN on a Silk Air (SQ coded) flight in Business Class.

It's a *A award ticket issued by UA (and I will arrive in SIN via TK and SQ if that matters)..
How on Earth did you get a SinkAir award with MP miles ? SinkAir is not part of the *A.

Or is lokijuh's explanation the real deal? I did not know that.
Just like what had been mention SQ181 and SQ182 3 times a week operated by silkair equipment and 2 times by Singapore air equipment. Special arrangements. Run a dummy booking and you will have a clear idea.
Old Sep 17, 13, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by yauee View Post
Just like what had been mention SQ181 and SQ182 3 times a week operated by silkair equipment and 2 times by Singapore air equipment. Special arrangements. Run a dummy booking and you will have a clear idea.
So that literally means that depending on the day of travel you either get decent SQ seats or crabeep MI seats ? That is so unfair .
Old Sep 17, 13, 8:31 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Just get stuffed on the plane, then drunk in the lounge, and then have a nice nap in the SKL.
Old Sep 18, 13, 7:03 am

So that literally means that depending on the day of travel you either get decent SQ seats or crabeep MI seats ? That is so unfair .
Need to correct myself as it should be B773 instead of B772

Fair or not sometime just got to bear with it. As it listed in their timetable where you definitely given to choice to select B773 or A320 so you can definitely avoid the crabeep, :-)

To BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN BWN GMT+8:00
1 . . . 5 . . 0835/1040 SQ182 Non-Stop B777-300
Disc. OCT25
. . . 4 . . 7 0905/1115 SQ182 Non-Stop A320
1 . . . 5 . . 0905/1115 SQ182 Non-Stop B777-300
Eff. OCT28
. .3. . . . 1350/1600 SQ182 Non-Stop A320

To SINGAPORE SIN GMT+8:00
1 . . . 5 . . 1140/1350 SQ181 Non-Stop B777-300
Disc. OCT25
. . . 4 . . 7 1220/1430 SQ181 Non-Stop A320
1 . . . 5 . . 1220/1430 SQ181 Non-Stop B777-300