Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-LAX SQ A380 Suites Saver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond
NRT-LAX SQ A380 Suites Saver

In March 2013 I am taking a family member to Japan and South Korea for vacation. I used AA miles to book JL F ORD-NRT for the person's outbound.

Oneworld availability on the return was not that great (e.g., AA F with a 4.5 hour layover in ORD), so I looked for alternatives and struck gold: SQ Suites NRT-LAX was available at the Saver award level (previously reported, but availability can be hard to find). I promptly transferred 75,000 Amex MR points to SQ, made the family member a nominee, then booked his ticket (in addition to just 74,375 SQ miles, I paid about $210 in taxes and fees).

I checked some other, random dates in March 2013 for SQ NRT-LAX Suites and noted good general availability at the Saver level (unfortunately, the same does not appear to be true for the inverse, or LAX-NRT). I am pleased to have made this find, and would encourage anyone else interested in sampling Suites to check for availability of NRT-LAX. I flew SQ 77W F ICN-SFO in 2007 and while JL and CX F flown subsequently have been quite nice, still fondly remember SQ.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I've also noticed this, too. There seems to be some scattered availability for SQ outbound from Asia but none at all if outbound from the Americas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.