Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Flying J class on SQ2, lounge access at SFO?

Old Dec 6, 12, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer

Hi Guys,

I'll be flying business, SIN-SFO on SQ2, followed by a connecting flight to ORD via UA995.

Question: Do I get access to the business section of the SKL in SFO while waiting for my connecting flight? I am only a Krisflyer Silver member, no other memberships.

I tried searching for similar topics but no direct answer to my question came up and I'm hoping to clarify this, thank you.
Old Dec 6, 12, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
You cannot get to the departure level anyway. So you cannot access the SFO SKL lounge even with any status.
Old Dec 6, 12, 11:36 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Incorrect -- it is possible to get to the SKL by walking from the domestic gates to the Intl terminal through the connecting bridge.

Whether you are qualified to get in as an arriving J passenger I don't know. Also, note that the SKL in SFO has very limited hours.
Old Dec 7, 12, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by TA View Post
Incorrect -- it is possible to get to the SKL by walking from the domestic gates to the Intl terminal through the connecting bridge.
I stand corrected. United terminal T3 and Departure G are connected airside. I don't think the other ones are, but I can be wrong again.
Old Dec 7, 12, 1:07 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
SQ SKL's do not permit arrival access.
Old Dec 7, 12, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
SQ SKL's do not permit arrival access.
OP might be talking about departure access with the onward connection. That probably still requires a KF Gold status.
Old Dec 7, 12, 3:07 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cxfan1960 View Post
OP might be talking about departure access with the onward connection. That probably still requires a KF Gold status.
Unless holding star alliance gold status (or another star alliance C or F boarding pass), departure access is not granted. How passenger arrived is usually irrelevant, unless getting a lenient lounge staff member.
Old Dec 7, 12, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by stgrim View Post
I'll be flying business, SIN-SFO on SQ2, followed by a connecting flight to ORD via UA995.

Question: Do I get access to the business section of the SKL in SFO while waiting for my connecting flight? I am only a Krisflyer Silver member, no other memberships.
The answer is no.

1. You are not a *G.

2. Lounge access is not provided to U.S. Domestic premium class passengers (except in rare routes).

You can try your luck in SKL, given you have a J boarding pass. The worst is that SQ-contracted dragon kick you out.
Old Dec 7, 12, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH FTL
I'm going to have to say that if you are on one ticket, flying between Singapore and Chicago and on United Business Class you will get lounge access based on the fact that you are an international passenger. I have got that before
Old Dec 19, 12, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50K, WS Gold, AA Plat, Hertz PC, National EE
Hey I'll ask my question here

Flying UA 892 ICN-SFO, arriving 11:36AM

Leaving same day SFO-YEG T7 7:45PM ugh.

Can anyone let me know if I can get access to the SFO arrivals lounge? When does that close?

And also if I get access to SilverKris? I just want to be able to take a shower when I'm back...

I'm assuming RCC access will be OK in T7?
Old Dec 20, 12, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by SKYEG View Post
Can anyone let me know if I can get access to the SFO arrivals lounge? When does that close?
Unless you are in Global First or you are Global Service (I may be wrong on GS), no.

And also if I get access to SilverKris? I just want to be able to take a shower when I'm back...
As soon as you are not a UA/US *G, you should be fine.

I'm assuming RCC access will be OK in T7?
Where is T7? There are only 4 terminals in SFO.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: