FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Flying J class on SQ2, lounge access at SFO? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1414793-flying-j-class-sq2-lounge-access-sfo.html)

stgrim Dec 6, 2012 7:50 pm

Flying J class on SQ2, lounge access at SFO?

Hi Guys,

I'll be flying business, SIN-SFO on SQ2, followed by a connecting flight to ORD via UA995.

Question: Do I get access to the business section of the SKL in SFO while waiting for my connecting flight? I am only a Krisflyer Silver member, no other memberships.

I tried searching for similar topics but no direct answer to my question came up and I'm hoping to clarify this, thank you.

cxfan1960 Dec 6, 2012 9:09 pm

You cannot get to the departure level anyway. So you cannot access the SFO SKL lounge even with any status.

TA Dec 6, 2012 10:36 pm

Incorrect -- it is possible to get to the SKL by walking from the domestic gates to the Intl terminal through the connecting bridge.

Whether you are qualified to get in as an arriving J passenger I don't know. Also, note that the SKL in SFO has very limited hours.

cxfan1960 Dec 6, 2012 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by TA (Post 19811222)
Incorrect -- it is possible to get to the SKL by walking from the domestic gates to the Intl terminal through the connecting bridge.

I stand corrected. United terminal T3 and Departure G are connected airside. I don't think the other ones are, but I can be wrong again. :(

lokijuh Dec 7, 2012 12:07 am

SQ SKL's do not permit arrival access.

cxfan1960 Dec 7, 2012 12:36 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 19811510)
SQ SKL's do not permit arrival access.

OP might be talking about departure access with the onward connection. That probably still requires a KF Gold status.

lokijuh Dec 7, 2012 2:07 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960 (Post 19811580)
OP might be talking about departure access with the onward connection. That probably still requires a KF Gold status.

Unless holding star alliance gold status (or another star alliance C or F boarding pass), departure access is not granted. How passenger arrived is usually irrelevant, unless getting a lenient lounge staff member.

garykung Dec 7, 2012 3:06 am

Originally Posted by stgrim (Post 19810545)
I'll be flying business, SIN-SFO on SQ2, followed by a connecting flight to ORD via UA995.

Question: Do I get access to the business section of the SKL in SFO while waiting for my connecting flight? I am only a Krisflyer Silver member, no other memberships.

The answer is no.

1. You are not a *G.

2. Lounge access is not provided to U.S. Domestic premium class passengers (except in rare routes).

You can try your luck in SKL, given you have a J boarding pass. The worst is that SQ-contracted dragon kick you out.

aviationp Dec 7, 2012 11:49 am

I'm going to have to say that if you are on one ticket, flying between Singapore and Chicago and on United Business Class you will get lounge access based on the fact that you are an international passenger. I have got that before

SKYEG Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Hey I'll ask my question here

Flying UA 892 ICN-SFO, arriving 11:36AM

Leaving same day SFO-YEG T7 7:45PM ugh.

Can anyone let me know if I can get access to the SFO arrivals lounge? When does that close?

And also if I get access to SilverKris? I just want to be able to take a shower when I'm back...

I'm assuming RCC access will be OK in T7?

garykung Dec 20, 2012 2:53 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG (Post 19890109)
Can anyone let me know if I can get access to the SFO arrivals lounge? When does that close?

Unless you are in Global First or you are Global Service (I may be wrong on GS), no.

And also if I get access to SilverKris? I just want to be able to take a shower when I'm back...

As soon as you are not a UA/US *G, you should be fine.

I'm assuming RCC access will be OK in T7?

Where is T7? There are only 4 terminals in SFO.