Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Basically, with one big caveat, this is nothing to be concerned about. Even though UA classifies R as business seats, the underlying reservation with SQ is in fact for the suites regardless of how it appears at the UA site.

Having said that, here's the caveat: UA has a tendency to screw up and even lose award bookings on partner airlines (not just SQ), such as when there are minor schedule changes or for no apparent reason at all. (This may have something to do with the SHARES IT system that CO brought over when it merged with UA, but I'm not sure.) Most people aren't affected by this, but I encountered it with my own upcoming SQ suites reservations and it took some effort (including not giving in to an ill-informed, misleading supervisor, to make a long story short) to make sure I retained the reservations. And there have been a number of reports of this at the UA forum, far more it seems than at the other forum I frequent, AA.

In any event, my advice is:

1. Get the SQ reservation numbers from UA, and make sure that you can access them on the SQ site and that you call SQ to make sure everything is in order: i.e., that they are confirmed and ticketed, with UA ticket numbers. (Simply having a reservation number is insufficient.)
2. Monitor them by checking on the UA and SQ sites, and by calling SQ, at least monthly.
3. Bring print-outs of the reservation, including ticket numbers, with you just in case there are any hassles on your return trip.

Sorry to sound paranoid about this, but as I said there have been enough reports of problems with UA award bookings on partner flights to err on the side of caution.

Thanks very much for posting and updating this info, spizzy.

Thank you but you thoroughly misread my post and question. All I wanted to know was what booking code was used for SQ-issued awards, surely not the same as its revenue booking code, which is R. (I know why UA notated my ticket as Business, but I know it is actually Suites. I have the SQ record locators and other details, except the actual award booking class. I have seat 1A on all those flights.)
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SFO777
O
Thank you.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Thank you but you thoroughly misread my post and question. All I wanted to know was what booking code was used for SQ-issued awards, surely not the same as its revenue booking code, which is R. (I know why UA notated my ticket as Business, but I know it is actually Suites. I have the SQ record locators and other details, except the actual award booking class. I have seat 1A on all those flights.)
Oops!

Well, not the first misreading I've done, nor the last.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:56 am

Is it just me or is SIN-MEL not allowing 2 suite saver awards to be redeemed? Tried it for May 31st but still showing 1 award.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by feizhu
Is it just me or is SIN-MEL not allowing 2 suite saver awards to be redeemed? Tried it for May 31st but still showing 1 award.
Perhaps 1 seat has already been booked on both flights that date.
Did you try other dates? May 28th, June 2nd and June 5th have 2 Saver seats Available.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Perhaps 1 seat has already been booked on both flights that date.
Did you try other dates? May 28th, June 2nd and June 5th have 2 Saver seats Available.
Thanks for pointing that out. I realise that in all instances, only the morning flight is available, not the evening one. I have actually waitlisted 2 saver awards for the evening flight since they rolled out suite redemption sometime back. Just hoping those would clear
Old Jan 28, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Thanks for pointing that out. I realise that in all instances, only the morning flight is available, not the evening one. I have actually waitlisted 2 saver awards for the evening flight since they rolled out suite redemption sometime back. Just hoping those would clear
more popular flights such as the evening ones to MEL tend to be more difficult to get saver awards on... higher demand = lower supply..
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:02 pm

Just hoping those would clear
Forget about it.
The whole WL thing is just misleading, it simply not available anymore.

Side note, seems like they limit the 2 saver availability to flights originating or departing SIN. No hopes for JFK-FRA?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Hi,

I'm new to SQ forum. Trying to make one way award reservation in A380 suites from SFO/LAX to BKK using my Amex MR points.

Is it possible to book suites class online from LAX / SFO to BKK? I can see some suites availability in August 2013 from both LAX / SFO to SIN. And J class from SIN-BKK. I don't mind doing that. But, while searching online, if I plug in SFO -BKK search results return only J class. I'm trying to take advantage of 15% online booking discount. Is there a way of doing this booking online with suites R class from SFO-NRT-SIN and SIN-BKK in J class thus using 15% less miles?

I tried searching and cannot find any details.

Appreciate any help / inputs.

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by puding
Is it possible to book suites class online from LAX / SFO to BKK? I can see some suites availability in August 2013 from both LAX / SFO to SIN. And J class from SIN-BKK. I don't mind doing that. But, while searching online, if I plug in SFO -BKK search results return only J class. I'm trying to take advantage of 15% online booking discount. Is there a way of doing this booking online with suites R class from SFO-NRT-SIN and SIN-BKK in J class thus using 15% less miles?

I tried searching and cannot find any details.
You can't book mixed class awards online unfortunately - you'll need to call them. Because it can't be booked online they should still honour the 15% discount - if the agent you speak to refuses, HUACA.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wafliron
You can't book mixed class awards online unfortunately - you'll need to call them. Because it can't be booked online they should still honour the 15% discount - if the agent you speak to refuses, HUACA.
Sorry...HUACA?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Sorry...HUACA?
Hang up and call again.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wafliron

Thanks for the information. Will give it a try.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:34 am

Thanks for the answers on my earlier question. Here comes another. As I said earlier, I'm trying to book one way LAX-SIN-BKK. I initiated a transfer from my AMEX MR to krisflyer account on Friday and the points have not posted yet.

Now, the availability from LAX-SIN on A380 suites is kind of gone. I can see LAX-NRT on A380, then connect from HND-SIN on 777.

Interestingly, if I search one way award from NRT-SIN on SQ11 for the dates I want, I can see the availability. So, I'm confused. Why cannot I see saver award availability from LAX-NRT-SIN on SQ11 as one award, where as they are available as 2 separate awards? If I call Krisflyer, will they be able to put me on SQ11 all the way thru SIN?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Originally Posted by puding
Thanks for the answers on my earlier question. Here comes another. As I said earlier, I'm trying to book one way LAX-SIN-BKK. I initiated a transfer from my AMEX MR to krisflyer account on Friday and the points have not posted yet.

Now, the availability from LAX-SIN on A380 suites is kind of gone. I can see LAX-NRT on A380, then connect from HND-SIN on 777.

Interestingly, if I search one way award from NRT-SIN on SQ11 for the dates I want, I can see the availability. So, I'm confused. Why cannot I see saver award availability from LAX-NRT-SIN on SQ11 as one award, where as they are available as 2 separate awards? If I call Krisflyer, will they be able to put me on SQ11 all the way thru SIN?

Thanks in advance.
Sometimes thats how it goes, the only way to do that is to probably (I think at least) use Star Alliance Award Chart, and then maybe add like a Singapore - Bangkok on Thai or something to get that seat now. Or you could just waitlist and see how things turn out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.