Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Suites Saver Redemption to be available - New updated Award Chart

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:04 am

Been watching a return flight for my Honeymoon.......

2 Saver Suites just opened up SIN-JFK! I booked 3/3/15 and the other days around that were open as well.

Not sure why they just got released but grab them now! My outbound from JFK I had to do 1 saver 1 standard and waitlist the other Saver....
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by tng11
I guess I could take SQ 1, which comes up as a pairing with SQ 221.

Am I right in thinking that SQ 231, with a 00:45 departure would be a "lesser" experience in Suites? The supper service without satay/caviar/salad/dessert would be a little disappointing - but could that be made up with dining in the TPR? (Which I enjoyed this past Christmas.)
Yes this is a "sleeper" service type flight, and unfortunately unlike BA which on similar TATL and middle east to UK flights still runs the full service in First only abbreviating service in J, SQ does it to all cabins including Suites. If you are looking to maximize your suites experience this is definitely not the flight
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:50 pm

Given that it's roughly a 7-hour flight, and given that the TPR offers an excellent range of dining options, I'd be surprised if many people even want the "full experience". And although some would say that people should be given the choice, it would be a huge waste if most people end up turning down the food. I suppose SQ would know what the up-take of the dinner on those flights was.

A daytime flight, or a much longer overnight flight, would be better for getting the "full experience" without impacting my jetlag and rest.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by stargold
Given that it's roughly a 7-hour flight, and given that the TPR offers an excellent range of dining options, I'd be surprised if many people even want the "full experience". And although some would say that people should be given the choice, it would be a huge waste if most people end up turning down the food. I suppose SQ would know what the up-take of the dinner on those flights was.

A daytime flight, or a much longer overnight flight, would be better for getting the "full experience" without impacting my jetlag and rest.
While I fully agree with what you say on the day time flight - I still think SQ's sleeper service set up in First is quite a poor showing. With the kind of prices they charge - surely they can muster up some better catering - what if someone were on a quick regional connection from KUL/BKK/CGK etc and didn't have the time to make full use of the TPR, or working all day (as I was when I first experience this abbreviated service before a midnight SIN-SYD). I understand limiting it for Biz class, but not for First.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
You can always do book the cook if you would like to eat on an overnight flight. Out of Singapore, the Kyo-Kaiseki is the most substantial meal and definitely a 'full experience'.
Old May 6, 2014, 6:30 pm

Unreal...I see 2 saver suites now from LAX to Asia. I thought this never happened! Time to make some transfers into SQ!
Old May 6, 2014, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Unreal...I see 2 saver suites now from LAX to Asia. I thought this never happened! Time to make some transfers into SQ!
I see them too ^
Old May 7, 2014, 6:50 pm

Aaaaand all gone now for me.
Old May 8, 2014, 4:04 am

Ive read on some posts, where if you had your spouse on a confirmed suite, some Singapore agents were able to get you into suites using kf award, would this be a good idea to puraches a REFUNDABLE suites ticket with cash for your "spouse", call up Singapore and tell them you want to join your spouse on their paid suites, then once your confirmed on suites usin kf award your cancel your spouses refundable ticket and get the cash refund and your confirm ed on a suite?.

Last edited by ual902; May 8, 2014 at 4:11 am
Old May 8, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hmm no one can stop you from trying it out, but am not sure this is a 'nice' approach. We all love to find ways to get what we are looking for, but possibly abusing that little bit of leeway that SQ may exercise in the described situation (traveling together with one in paid Suites and other trying for Award) will just kill that option in the long run.

Or maybe I'm just getting too soft. YMMV.
Old May 10, 2014, 4:38 pm

Just booked SIN-JFK in Suites for early January next year, with a connecting flight on SilkAir J from Kota Kinabalu. I was surprised to find good availability for that period, considering SIN-LAX mostly had even Standard awards on waitlist.

Very excited, considering I immensely enjoyed my relatively short SIN-SYD Suites flight last month.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm looking into booking two Suites class seats from LAX to NRT next spring (late March early April) for a trip to Japan. My dates are somewhat flexible, so I do see availability that would work at the Saver level (298k points plus $770 in surcharges) on the weekdays, however more ideally would be weekend flights, for which only the waitlist is available.

What's the best strategy here? Can I book the flights that are available now, and get on a waitlist for the preferred flights? Will I need an extra 300k points to be put on the waitlist for another seat? If I need to change the flight, assuming the waitlist clears, should I expect to pay the additional 15% miles plus the redeposit fee?
Old May 28, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat

you should wait list the flights first, as you will need sufficient miles to be able to wait list any flight online. once you've wait listed the flights you've wanted, go ahead and book the confirmed one.

if your wait list clears you will need to re-deposit your miles (re deposit fee will apply) and confirm the other booking. hope it helps!
Old May 28, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rooivalk
...you should wait list the flights first...
Has any one ever had a case of a wait list clearing?
Considering how difficult it can be to get SQ to redeposit miles, I'd be inclined to book the one Saver and then book a 2nd if and when it becomes available.
Old May 28, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by SFO777
Has any one ever had a case of a wait list clearing?
Considering how difficult it can be to get SQ to redeposit miles, I'd be inclined to book the one Saver and then book a 2nd if and when it becomes available.
Hi SFO777 I'm 1/1 on having my waitlisted suite redemption clear. It was for SQ11 LAX-NRT and cleared about a week out.

Matthewlax has also reported success below:

http://upgrd.com/matthew/faqs-about-...nes-award.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.