SIN Lounge Access Question

Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
SIN Lounge Access Question

I am flying ORD-ICN-SIN-DPS-SIN-ICN-ORD, all on one PNR. I am flight OZ F on the ORD-ICN-ORD portion and SQ on the rest of the legs. Because of my OZ F ticket, do I have access to the F portion of the Silver Kris lounge in SIN?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Your OZ boarding pass would be useless as the SKL dragons will only be interested in your SQ BP.

I've heard of F pax connecting to J getting the "You are invited to the F lounge" being printed on the onward BP, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Edit: The SKL F isn't much better than the J side, so you're seriously not missing much, if anything at all. The TPR is a different story, although I don't think you have the slightest chance of getting in
Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
thanks for the help!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I will be travelling in a party of 4 adults, all *G through Singapore on SQ. Two of us are flying in business class, 2 in economy. I know *G doesn't get you into the SKL, but do they allow business class passengers to bring in one guest each (especially if *G flying on SQ)? Is the *G lounge much different from the SKL in T2/T3?
Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by johbeaker
I will be travelling in a party of 4 adults, all *G through Singapore on SQ. Two of us are flying in business class, 2 in economy. I know *G doesn't get you into the SKL, but do they allow business class passengers to bring in one guest each (especially if *G flying on SQ)? Is the *G lounge much different from the SKL in T2/T3?
Officially no, as the SKL isn't a *G lounge. Still, I think you stand a chance, and there's no harm in trying. Just remember to smile!

If you're interested, drop me a PM on how to increase your chances
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: FB Silver Elite, EK Silver, CX Silver, A3*G
I am Star GOLD flying Y CAN-SIN-DPS, what lounge do I have access to in SIN?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by STelite
The KF Gold lounges in T2 and T3, and the TG lounge in T1. They're all rather dismal, FYI.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Originally Posted by playbbg
I am flying ORD-ICN-SIN-DPS-SIN-ICN-ORD, all on one PNR. I am flight OZ F on the ORD-ICN-ORD portion and SQ on the rest of the legs. Because of my OZ F ticket, do I have access to the F portion of the Silver Kris lounge in SIN?
I assume from your post for ICN-SIN-DPS-SIN-ICN you are on SQ J. Hence, at SIN, you will allow to visit SKL J side.
At DPS, you will have lounge access as well.

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Your OZ boarding pass would be useless as the SKL dragons will only be interested in your SQ BP.

I've heard of F pax connecting to J getting the "You are invited to the F lounge" being printed on the onward BP, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Edit: The SKL F isn't much better than the J side, so you're seriously not missing much, if anything at all. The TPR is a different story, although I don't think you have the slightest chance of getting in
For SQ pax arriving on SQ R/P class, and connecting to SQ/MI J class, yes, the pax is invited to TPR.
IMHO, F is still F, and better than J. In my experience, the F side of SKL is still better than the J side.

Last edited by Diamond Seats; Oct 27, 2012 at 10:07 am Reason: Add
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by johbeaker
Officially no, as the SKL isn't a *G lounge. Still, I think you stand a chance, and there's no harm in trying. Just remember to smile!

If you're interested, drop me a PM on how to increase your chances
My answer here will be straight forward. Per rule of access for SKL, Any pax on SQ J class who has *G status will be allowed to have one guest. Thus, since the two of you who have J BP are *G, then you can have two guests (who happens to be on SQ same flight as you)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by STelite
The KF Gold lounges in T2 and T3, and the TG lounge in T1. They're all rather dismal, FYI.
Yes, *G flying in SQ Y will be directed to KF Gold Lounge in SIN. Just remember, there are other lounges in this world that are worse that this lounge. For me it's an adequate lounge. YMMV.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:36 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by Diamond Seats
For SQ pax arriving on SQ R/P class, and connecting to SQ/MI J class, yes, the pax is invited to TPR.
So just to clarify: if I'm arriving off of SQ61 (IAH > DME > SIN) in F, but connecting to TPE in J on a 2 cabin 330, I should have access to the TPR during my layover in SIN?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 4:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Diamond Seats
I assume from your post for ICN-SIN-DPS-SIN-ICN you are on SQ J. Hence, at SIN, you will allow to visit SKL J side.
At DPS, you will have lounge access as well.

IMHO, F is still F, and better than J. In my experience, the F side of SKL is still better than the J side.
I think the F side is much better in that there is more space around the seats, which even seem larger to me, and the lounge is generally much less crowded. I'm thinking mostly of the T3 lounge, where the furnishings and decorating are similar on the F and J sides.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by J.Edward
So just to clarify: if I'm arriving off of SQ61 (IAH > DME > SIN) in F, but connecting to TPE in J on a 2 cabin 330, I should have access to the TPR during my layover in SIN?
Yes, you should be able to access TPR prior to your J flight to TPE (no guest allowed.)
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think the F side is much better in that there is more space around the seats, which even seem larger to me, and the lounge is generally much less crowded. I'm thinking mostly of the T3 lounge, where the furnishings and decorating are similar on the F and J sides.
Yes you are right. The J side in T3 is often too crowded, yet the F side is very quiet and spacious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.