Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight Connection at Changi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Overnight Connection at Changi

On the following itinerary, DXB-SIN-TPE-SIN-DXB, the only options on the returns all involving an overnight stopover. Does SIA provide accommodation or do I have to make the accommodation myself? Any advice? Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by cwl6750084
On the following itinerary, DXB-SIN-TPE-SIN-DXB, the only options on the returns all involving an overnight stopover. Does SIA provide accommodation or do I have to make the accommodation myself? Any advice? Thanks.
No accommodation provided. You can try the transit hotel or Crowne Plaza Changi.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Can you provide us with your itinerary at least, and class of travel/ticket type?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The itinerary:

Doha (DOH) to Taipei (TPE)
GF 525 Departs DOH 11:20 26 Oct Arrives BAH 12:05 27 Oct
GF 508 Departs BAH 16:00 26 Oct Arrives DXB 18:10 26 Oct
SQ 495 Departs DXB 20:00 26 Oct Arrives SIN 07:30 27 Oct
SQ 876 Departs SIN 08:35 27 Oct Arrives TPE 13:20 27 Oct

Taipei (TPE) to Doha (DOH)
SQ 879 Departs TPE 17:35 01 Nov Arrives SIN 22:15 01 Nov
SQ 494 Departs SIN 15:10 02 Nov Arrives DXB 18:45 02 Nov
GF 513 Departs DXB 23:25 02 Nov Arrives BAH 23:40 02 Nov
GF 520 Departs BAH 01:50 03 Nov Arrives DOH 02:35 03 Nov

The SQ ticket is H-class Economy.

By the way, does anyone know if bags can be tagged through to/from DOH via Gulf Air? Is 1 hr 50 mins enough for connection at DXB on the outbound? (It is on a separate ticket, Gulf Air DOH-BAH-DXB, the two institutions booked the two portions independently obviously. )
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
If I arrive in J on MH in the evening and depart in F the next morning on SQ, can I dine in the F lounge for dinner, sleep at the transit hotel and then return to the F lounge for breakfast?

Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by gallagher
If I arrive in J on MH in the evening and depart in F the next morning on SQ, can I dine in the F lounge for dinner, sleep at the transit hotel and then return to the F lounge for breakfast?

Thanks
Breakfast yes, but no dinner....... Not even in the Business Lounge.
S
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Have two overnight connections at SIN in February, both involve arriving off SQ in F early evening, departing SQ in F early next morning. Assume I can use the F section of the Silver Kris lounge overnight, and if lucky get one of the sleeping rooms. How soon in advance can these rooms be booked or is it first come, first served upon checking in at the lounge reception desk?

I've often overnighted at one of the Transit Hotels in the terminal but that's been when I've not been on a premium fare with SQ so not had access to the SKL.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
Breakfast yes, but no dinner....... Not even in the Business Lounge.
S
Assuming I can overnight in the lounge, not sure how they can actually stop me having both dinner and breakfast?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
and why would you assume that you can overnight at the lounge, being admitted on the day prior to your departing SQ flight?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: M&M UAL
Originally Posted by beep88
and why would you assume that you can overnight at the lounge, being admitted on the day prior to your departing SQ flight?
ill wait 2h an the next day is all ready their....
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by gallagher

Thanks
Any chance you're arriving on MH from RGN?

Folks over at SQTalk seem to indicate that, when on a connection and with boarding pass already issued, you access the SilverKris lounge at any time. If this is true then dinner, sleep in the lounge (if room available) and breakfast should not be an issue.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:15 pm

I think the massage place at Changi has a policy of letting you sleep there if you get a massage and its not crowded. I'm not sure how for long, but I know I've slept there for a couple of hours and I've heard of longer.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by FRAkid
Any chance you're arriving on MH from RGN?

Folks over at SQTalk seem to indicate that, when on a connection and with boarding pass already issued, you access the SilverKris lounge at any time. If this is true then dinner, sleep in the lounge (if room available) and breakfast should not be an issue.
SQ were very accomodating ^^^ we wondered in and out of the lounge and had both dinner and breakfast^^^
Old Oct 26, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Have two overnight connections at SIN in February, both involve arriving off SQ in F early evening, departing SQ in F early next morning. Assume I can use the F section of the Silver Kris lounge overnight, and if lucky get one of the sleeping rooms. How soon in advance can these rooms be booked or is it first come, first served upon checking in at the lounge reception desk?

I've often overnighted at one of the Transit Hotels in the terminal but that's been when I've not been on a premium fare with SQ so not had access to the SKL.
I had understood that there were no longer any sleeping rooms even for F pax....so I booked the CP for me overnight next week....anyone know for sure?
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by blueline7
I had understood that there were no longer any sleeping rooms even for F pax....so I booked the CP for me overnight next week....anyone know for sure?
I was in the F lounge/private room last week. I didn't see any sleeping rooms and the lady giving me a tour of the place didn't mention any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.