Original Poster

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
Private Room Lounge Access

EDIT: deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 29, 13 at 4:40 pm
Old Oct 7, 12, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Only Revenue tickets pax get access to it

So pax on award tics don't get access to it.

Still, enjoy the SKL
Old Oct 7, 12, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can access with F award ticket, but no [email protected]:-)
Old Oct 7, 12, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao View Post
Only Revenue tickets pax get access to it

So pax on award tics don't get access to it.

Still, enjoy the SKL
Unfortunately, wrong.

In SQ's books, revenue pax consist of both commercial and award customers (their terminology), and have no differentiation in treatment both on the ground and in the air. Only ID tickets are considered nonrev.

Pax on award F tickets gain access to First check-in and TPR. Be it a commercial or award ticket, you will be allowed to bring a guest on the former but not the latter. If you wish to accompany the guest, both of you will have to sit in the F section of the SKL.
Old Oct 7, 12, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
EDIT: deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 29, 13 at 4:39 pm
Old Oct 7, 12, 10:48 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Platinum, KF Gold
I travelled in June on paid J but upgraded to F using Miles&More miles, I can access TPR but was informed that I cannot invite any guest. Was informed that I can bring in another guest if I'm on revenue ticket.
Old Oct 8, 12, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by 3TEN View Post
I travelled in June on paid J but upgraded to F using Miles&More miles, I can access TPR but was informed that I cannot invite any guest. Was informed that I can bring in another guest if I'm on revenue ticket.
No guest into TPR, correct.
Guest if on revenue ticket, wrong.

You are a revenue pax even if you got it via award, see above post.
Old Oct 8, 12, 2:15 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Platinum, KF Gold
Originally Posted by eriond View Post
No guest into TPR, correct.
Guest if on revenue ticket, wrong.

You are a revenue pax even if you got it via award, see above post.
I should be more specific, paid F can access TPR and invite 1 guest, award F can access TPR but not invite guest. SQ does make a distinction between paid and award F. It doesn't show on the F boarding pass, but the access to TPR is controlled via TPR invitation card which will be issued when you checked in.

In its early days when TPR was brand new, award F is not allowed to access TPR, only paid F is allowed. This rule was relaxed subsequently.
Old Oct 8, 12, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by 3TEN View Post
I should be more specific, paid F can access TPR and invite 1 guest, award F can access TPR but not invite guest. SQ does make a distinction between paid and award F. It doesn't show on the F boarding pass, but the access to TPR is controlled via TPR invitation card which will be issued when you checked in.
Must have been a recent change then. Sorry for the misinformation.

When I visited TPR in April this year, I checked with the lady guarding the entrance of TPR and she said even if a TPP holding a paid F ticket wishes to invite a guest in paid J, they would be rejected. They would be invited to use the SKL/F instead.
Old Oct 8, 12, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA LTG GGL, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT
Originally Posted by eriond View Post
Unfortunately, wrong.

In SQ's books, revenue pax consist of both commercial and award customers (their terminology), and have no differentiation in treatment both on the ground and in the air. Only ID tickets are considered nonrev.

Pax on award F tickets gain access to First check-in and TPR. Be it a commercial or award ticket, you will be allowed to bring a guest on the former but not the latter. If you wish to accompany the guest, both of you will have to sit in the F section of the SKL.
I think you are wrong! Award tickets can access. Changed the rule quite a while ago!
Old Oct 8, 12, 8:33 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
Originally Posted by bagold View Post
I think you are wrong! Award tickets can access. Changed the rule quite a while ago!
bagold is right: award tickets can now access (though before it was apparently not the case). as long as you have a F boarding pass, you are good for TPR. i've accessed TPR with both F paid and F award ticket.
Old Oct 8, 12, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by bagold View Post
Originally Posted by SQShortFinal View Post
bagold is right: award tickets can now access (though before it was apparently not the case). as long as you have a F boarding pass, you are good for TPR. i've accessed TPR with both F paid and F award ticket.
Umm, that's what I said in my post?

For the non-entry into TPR, I was referring to the guesting policy for F pax on commercial vs award tickets being equal.
Old Oct 8, 12, 11:51 pm

I'd access to TPR, both on F as a revenue pax and on krisflyer award. Once, I'd my 13 mth old with me when I visited. I was revenue and I guess she was sort of revenue too, since her ticket cost 10% of mine. But we left after maybe 15 mins because I didn't want to chance her ruining the peace and quiet. I do like TPR. I definitely was allowed to enter on an award ticket.
Old Oct 12, 12, 4:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At the very beginning of TPR, the rules were different, but for at least several years, departing SIN on a SQ FC award ticket, even if using another FF program's miles, does get you into TPR and also entitles you to use the FC check in lounge and special airside entrance and passport control station. However, you cannot bring a guest (unless possibly is you have SQ PSS/TSS status--I'm not sure about the rules in this case), although you can bring a guest into the FC side of the lounge.
Old Mar 13, 13, 1:39 pm

The Private Room at Changi Airport Singapore Airlines First Class

Visited The Private Room at Terminal 3 of Changi Airport Singapore in Jan 2013. Pictures (incl. breakfast menu) & review at my blog http://travel.bart.la/2013/03/13/sin...-private-room/ Thanks!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: