FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Private Room Lounge Access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1395021-private-room-lounge-access.html)

JohnDP Oct 7, 2012 7:15 am

Private Room Lounge Access

EDIT: deleted.

tycosiao Oct 7, 2012 8:59 am

Only Revenue tickets pax get access to it

So pax on award tics don't get access to it.

Still, enjoy the SKL

TerryK Oct 7, 2012 9:35 am

You can access with F award ticket, but no guest.@:-)

eriond Oct 7, 2012 10:49 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 19452158)
Only Revenue tickets pax get access to it

So pax on award tics don't get access to it.

Still, enjoy the SKL

Unfortunately, wrong.

In SQ's books, revenue pax consist of both commercial and award customers (their terminology), and have no differentiation in treatment both on the ground and in the air. Only ID tickets are considered nonrev.

Pax on award F tickets gain access to First check-in and TPR. Be it a commercial or award ticket, you will be allowed to bring a guest on the former but not the latter. If you wish to accompany the guest, both of you will have to sit in the F section of the SKL.

JohnDP Oct 7, 2012 12:40 pm

EDIT: deleted.

3TEN Oct 7, 2012 10:48 pm

I travelled in June on paid J but upgraded to F using Miles&More miles, I can access TPR but was informed that I cannot invite any guest. Was informed that I can bring in another guest if I'm on revenue ticket.

eriond Oct 8, 2012 12:07 am

Originally Posted by 3TEN (Post 19455462)
I travelled in June on paid J but upgraded to F using Miles&More miles, I can access TPR but was informed that I cannot invite any guest. Was informed that I can bring in another guest if I'm on revenue ticket.

No guest into TPR, correct.
Guest if on revenue ticket, wrong.

You are a revenue pax even if you got it via award, see above post.

3TEN Oct 8, 2012 2:15 am

Originally Posted by eriond (Post 19455646)
No guest into TPR, correct.
Guest if on revenue ticket, wrong.

You are a revenue pax even if you got it via award, see above post.

I should be more specific, paid F can access TPR and invite 1 guest, award F can access TPR but not invite guest. SQ does make a distinction between paid and award F. It doesn't show on the F boarding pass, but the access to TPR is controlled via TPR invitation card which will be issued when you checked in.

In its early days when TPR was brand new, award F is not allowed to access TPR, only paid F is allowed. This rule was relaxed subsequently.

eriond Oct 8, 2012 5:30 am

Originally Posted by 3TEN (Post 19455914)
I should be more specific, paid F can access TPR and invite 1 guest, award F can access TPR but not invite guest. SQ does make a distinction between paid and award F. It doesn't show on the F boarding pass, but the access to TPR is controlled via TPR invitation card which will be issued when you checked in.

Must have been a recent change then. Sorry for the misinformation.

When I visited TPR in April this year, I checked with the lady guarding the entrance of TPR and she said even if a TPP holding a paid F ticket wishes to invite a guest in paid J, they would be rejected. They would be invited to use the SKL/F instead.

bagold Oct 8, 2012 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by eriond (Post 19452652)
Unfortunately, wrong.

In SQ's books, revenue pax consist of both commercial and award customers (their terminology), and have no differentiation in treatment both on the ground and in the air. Only ID tickets are considered nonrev.

Pax on award F tickets gain access to First check-in and TPR. Be it a commercial or award ticket, you will be allowed to bring a guest on the former but not the latter. If you wish to accompany the guest, both of you will have to sit in the F section of the SKL.

I think you are wrong! Award tickets can access. Changed the rule quite a while ago!

SQShortFinal Oct 8, 2012 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by bagold (Post 19460457)
I think you are wrong! Award tickets can access. Changed the rule quite a while ago!

bagold is right: award tickets can now access (though before it was apparently not the case). as long as you have a F boarding pass, you are good for TPR. i've accessed TPR with both F paid and F award ticket.

eriond Oct 8, 2012 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by bagold (Post 19460457)

Originally Posted by SQShortFinal (Post 19461355)
bagold is right: award tickets can now access (though before it was apparently not the case). as long as you have a F boarding pass, you are good for TPR. i've accessed TPR with both F paid and F award ticket.

Umm, that's what I said in my post?

For the non-entry into TPR, I was referring to the guesting policy for F pax on commercial vs award tickets being equal.

harvardalumna Oct 8, 2012 11:51 pm

I'd access to TPR, both on F as a revenue pax and on krisflyer award. Once, I'd my 13 mth old with me when I visited. I was revenue and I guess she was sort of revenue too, since her ticket cost 10% of mine. But we left after maybe 15 mins because I didn't want to chance her ruining the peace and quiet. I do like TPR. I definitely was allowed to enter on an award ticket.

MSPeconomist Oct 12, 2012 4:08 am

At the very beginning of TPR, the rules were different, but for at least several years, departing SIN on a SQ FC award ticket, even if using another FF program's miles, does get you into TPR and also entitles you to use the FC check in lounge and special airside entrance and passport control station. However, you cannot bring a guest (unless possibly is you have SQ PSS/TSS status--I'm not sure about the rules in this case), although you can bring a guest into the FC side of the lounge.

bartla Mar 13, 2013 1:39 pm

The Private Room at Changi Airport Singapore Airlines First Class

Visited The Private Room at Terminal 3 of Changi Airport Singapore in Jan 2013. Pictures (incl. breakfast menu) & review at my blog http://travel.bart.la/2013/03/13/sin...-private-room/ Thanks!