Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ will introduce brand new seats in 2013

Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalk...ins-from-2013/

“Singapore Airlines is always looking towards the future and we have many major investments lined up for the years ahead to help us retain our leadership position. In this business if you are staying still you are moving backwards, as your competitors can catch up quickly. It is therefore important to always be planning for the future,” said Mr Tan Pee Teck, SIA’s Senior Vice President Product & Services.

“DesignworksUSA and JPA are working with us to develop our newest generation of cabin products and the collaboration has been extremely positive to date. Working with our own teams in our dedicated Product Innovation Department, and taking into account customer feedback, we are all genuinely excited about the in-flight products that will be introduced from next year, which will improve upon our existing award-winning cabin offerings.”

DesignworksUSA is helping to enhance the First Class seat and cabin environment for new B777-300ERs that will be entering service from the second half of 2013. From studios in Los Angeles, Singapore, Munich and Shanghai, work is currently underway to help further distinguish the Airline’s First Class from the competition and provide customers with a unique premium feel and experience, complementing the personalised service from our cabin crew. In addition to cabin ambience improvements, a revamped seat will feature more privacy and personal stowage space, and improved seating comfort.

JPA, which has worked with SIA on earlier seat programmes, is also working with the Airline on a new generation Business Class seat. It promises to offer improved comfort in both seating and sleeping positions, and more stowage space to cater to the changing needs of business travellers. Work is being carried out from studios in Singapore and the UK.

SIA is also not overlooking Economy Class, as the Airline’s premium positioning extends across all classes of travel. Development work is currently underway focusing on key areas such as improved seat and headrest comfort and personal space for travellers.

New in-flight entertainment & connectivity offerings and enhanced cabin lighting will also be progressively introduced to ensure that SIA builds upon its leadership position and longstanding status as one of the world’s most innovative airlines.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 3:17 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
About time.

Anyone with some pics to leak?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
No more diagonal sleeping in C & F! Do that and I'll be happier..
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
any speculations? will the seat be closer to the old 1-2-1 config or more towards the mid-haul seat ? the door is open for any wish and bet
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by g.yau

...new B777-300ERs that will be entering service from the second half of 2013...
Anyone have any ideas which routes will get the new B777-300ERs in the second half of 2013?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
No sliding doors in J class please.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Please colour coordinate your interiors! I don't what substance your previous designer was on to colour coordinate beige seats with light blue blankets and pillows inJ class along with dark blue plates in F class.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
And what's the bet the metal with new cabin layout won't be available for Saver redemptions - will we back to the Standard redemptions only for new fit out?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
My understanding is that there will be more cushioning on the seats and the angle of the seat will be up a few degrees to compensate for the aircraft flying position. Right not apparently it is too flat so people feel their head is lower than their feet.

The write up here suggests more radical information than what I've been told.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: many
Originally Posted by bagold
My understanding is that there will be more cushioning on the seats and the angle of the seat will be up a few degrees to compensate for the aircraft flying position. Right not apparently it is too flat so people feel their head is lower than their feet.
Doesnt a pillow take care of that?

Cant the seat be raised up at all?

I'll take lie flat over angled every time.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:08 pm

How are they going to improve their economy class??

Do they not have the best product already?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, AA, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kachjc
How are they going to improve their economy class??

Do they not have the best product already?
I hope they don't install the non-reclining seats that are the trend as of late... They're terrible!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by ok2uselane
I hope they don't install the non-reclining seats that are the trend as of late... They're terrible!
Isnt that more of a budget airline thing?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:37 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Originally Posted by FN-GM
Isnt that more of a budget airline thing?
I think he's referring to what CX had... hard shell seats that "slide" down instead of reclining so that nobody ever gets the seat in front of him into his space. I flew on CX and it was really not comfortable. My back hurt after flying LHR-HKG...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
SQ needs to revamp its soft product, not its hard product. The hard product is already outstanding. The soft product (J class food, amenities, crew attitude) is really unremarkable compared to many other airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.