Award Travel

Old Aug 12, 2012, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Award Travel

I have just transferred 136K miles from my AMEX to my Kris Flyer account to purchase 2 business class seats. I'm told it can take up to a week to register. Is there any way I can place a hold on the seats that are currently available but may not be during the time I'm waiting for the transfer?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: SQ*G, BA, DL
I don't think so. Without sufficient miles at time of flight selection and booking, the transaction cannot be completed.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:44 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by doublebzz
I have just transferred 136K miles from my AMEX to my Kris Flyer account to purchase 2 business class seats. I'm told it can take up to a week to register. Is there any way I can place a hold on the seats that are currently available but may not be during the time I'm waiting for the transfer?
There is plenty of discussion within SQ Forum on AMEX point transfers.

I have always found my points to transfer within 24 hours, usually overnight.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WLG Base
I have always found my points to transfer within 24 hours, usually overnight.
+1

I recently transferred 115k Amex MR to KrisFlyer and they posted the following morning.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 8:23 am
Original Poster

You all are correct. My miles were posted the next day so my question becomes moot. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.