Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ credited Miles into the wrong (family members) account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:19 am
Original Poster

I was flying with my family (4 person) SIN-FRA-SIN.

At the check-in for the return in FRA I crosschecked with the staff if all FF-No were added to the bookings (our flight was around the magic 8th july). No the FF-No. of my two daughters and my wife were missing (all M&M) but mine (KF) was in and correctly shown on the bording pass. The staff then added the FF-No. But something went wrong there. After my return my miles were not credited into the KF account, while my family members all got their miles correctly credited into their M&M accounts.
I ve tried the retroactive claim with the result "Miles have already been credited to another FF-programme". An enquiry to KF-Service revealed that my miles were credited into my daughters account. She has almost the same first name me and obviously the staff at check-im mixed something up. I asked KF service to correct it, but they are reluctant to help and ask me to pick the matter up with LH. I still believe its SQ to rectify, i have given them a copy of my daughters FF-Card as well as the respective boarding passes as a proof.

Is there any way to escalate the thing to a higher level within SQ?

Obviously i dont get anywere with the ousourced service centre. Iam a SQ-Gold, but my experience says i doesnt help at all with this kind of issues.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
You will first need to contact M&M to explain the error made at the FRA check-in (who are probably LH staff anyway, not SQ) and to deduct the miles wrongly credited to your daughter and also to claim the correct missing miles if she hasn't been double credited already.

Once this is done the miles are "released" in the system and you can then ask KF to credit them to your account.

Tedious but from prior experience this is your best option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.