Is it worth to try the BOOK THE COOK?

Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM; TK Gold; AB Gold
Is it worth to try the BOOK THE COOK?

haven't tried that before and would like to see FT's comment on it. Much better than the options in the menu??
Old Jul 16, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
It really depends on what you like to eat in terms of food.

For the 2/3 times when I ordered Book the Cook, I ended up choosing something from the regular menu anyway.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Sorry to but in on OP's thread, I have a related question.

So if I Book the Cook, but then the plane menu is better what do I do? Tell them that I would rather have something off the menu? What are the chances that I would have to stick with my BTC option?
Old Jul 17, 2012, 1:27 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Zoui21

So if I Book the Cook, but then the plane menu is better what do I do? Tell them that I would rather have something off the menu? What are the chances that I would have to stick with my BTC option?
You can change your mind and choose something from the menu.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
CTB

Originally Posted by Zoui21

The regular menu usually is the better option than the CTB and the crew are always prepared to do light stuff of your CTB choice incase you refuse to take it
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Regular menu seems to be always better

When I flew SQ 15 SIN-ICN-SFO, I ordered BTC.

On the SIN-ICN, I found something better on the regular menu and had that instead.

When there was a crew change in ICN, the crew left my BTC meal onboard (where everything else in terms of food from SIN got offloaded and possibly incinerated in ICN) along with a note to the next set of crew.

On the ICN-SFO leg, I was once again asked if I wanted to have my BTC meal. This time I also choose something off the regular menu as well.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:03 pm

Seems there is nothing to lose when BTC because you always have the regular menu as a backup. I like those odds!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx
Seems there is nothing to lose when BTC because you always have the regular menu as a backup. I like those odds!
You can choose from the regular menu after everyone else has made their choice.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Yes that does work quite well.

The problem arises on monopoly routes where SQ aggressively trims down food options and quality, such on ZRH-SIN where neither BTC nor good generic options are offered. But even an inferior competitor such as LH on FRA-SIN will help SQ bringing back decent offerings and choices.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Took the advice and BTC for my RTE trip with SFO-SIN-HKG-SIN-DME-IAH. U got the steak, braised ribs, bulgogi, and some singaporean meals. Looking forward to eating A LOT of food and drink Dom/Krug.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Obviously ex-SIN, order the Singaporean dishes. The steak isn't very good ex-SIN, FYI.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:22 am

I BTC tonight for HND-SIN with the Lobster Thermidor so I'm interested in seeing how it turned out.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Please let us know how it taste. We ordered it for Sin-DPS
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
I BTC last week SIN CGK Lobster T........It was good....... better then what was being offered in F.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by scubadave
Please let us know how it taste. We ordered it for Sin-DPS
It was very good, fresh and tasty but I wasn't a fan of the sauce... ironically they also had lobster pasta so I opted for seconds .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.