Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:18 am
LGA
Original Poster

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Thumbs up General SQ Questions 2009-2021

I am wondering what their check-in deadline is for JFK specifically. I figure the details of their check-in deadlines generally would be a good addition to the FAQs thread. I asked reservations today and was told three-and-a-half hours... Right... Like any of us FTers would arrive at an airport 3.5 hours before flight time!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not easily found on the website (no link on the obvious page for check in), but here are SQ worldwide check in times.

For JFK check in opens 4 hours prior to departure and closes 40 minutes.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:39 pm
LGA
Original Poster

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Not easily found on the website (no link on the obvious page for check in), but here are SQ worldwide check in times.

For JFK check in opens 4 hours prior to departure and closes 40 minutes.
Thank you! I figured I must be getting cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs information when (I Suspect) Indian reservations told me a business class passenger was required to check in 3.5 hours in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 7:32 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
New Business Class: The new wide flat seats in 77W and A380 aircraft (and soon also A345). Is currently only available for awards using Kris Flyer double miles awards, and on most paid fares it currently attracts a surcharge.
I would challenge this statement - I have recently booked two business class Miles and More (LH) award tickets on SQ227, that is on A380... And suprisingly, it was not hard to get...
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Amazing work guys! Quick question: in a few weeks I'm flying in F from SIN to IAH on SQ 62 -- but that's the only flight to the US from SIN that departs from Terminal 2 instead of Terminal 3. SQ has first class lounges in both terminals, but I understand T3 is newer and maybe a little nicer? Is it worth it to go to the one in T3 and just head over to T2 near my departure time, or should I just use the one in T2? Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Originally Posted by st530
Amazing work guys! Quick question: in a few weeks I'm flying in F from SIN to IAH on SQ 62 -- but that's the only flight to the US from SIN that departs from Terminal 2 instead of Terminal 3. SQ has first class lounges in both terminals, but I understand T3 is newer and maybe a little nicer? Is it worth it to go to the one in T3 and just head over to T2 near my departure time, or should I just use the one in T2? Thanks!
The First-Class Check-In Lounge facility in T3 is worth to experience. And, with a newer more modern look of SKL F and The Private Room in T3, I would prefer to be in T3 before my SQ flights.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
As its a real pain to get *A awards in F/C on SQ, the list of AC on the different routes is helpful.
As 345/380/77W cant be booked, im looking for 744 routes+ maybe 772/773 in Asia/South pacific.

Any chance of updating the list?

Especially what routes have 744:-)
Old Feb 11, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
My flight yesterday brought my PPS value over $25,000 - in the website (checked earlier today), it is still shown Krisflyer ... and no indication of PPS status ... I have another SQ flight tomorrow would my new PPS status be shown on the boarding pass?
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Originally Posted by LHSEN
My flight yesterday brought my PPS value over $25,000 - in the website (checked earlier today), it is still shown Krisflyer ... and no indication of PPS status ... I have another SQ flight tomorrow would my new PPS status be shown on the boarding pass?
Just wanted to report back that it took 2 biz days to show in account. My bp also has shown the QPP status.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
If I am flying in J and I run into a friend who is traveling in Y, can I still take him to the SilverKris lounge as part of my KF Gold privileges? Or can I only bring him into the regular KF lounge?
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The guest privilege is *G benefit so only applies at the *G lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Does KrisFlyer have a "soft landing" policy if a Gold member doesn't even rack up enough miles normally required to make just Silver?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 11:48 am

Also, is it only KrisFlyer members who can select their seats while making a booking, or can people registering via the SQ HP (non-KrisFlyer members) also select their seats during the booking process?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: LH, UA, SQ
Originally Posted by aster
Does KrisFlyer have a "soft landing" policy if a Gold member doesn't even rack up enough miles normally required to make just Silver?
I believe there is no such policy. Many variables involved. Thus one frequent flyer might get the offer to grab the Gold by flying SQ within 3 months, but other flyers might not get any such offer at all.
I believe SQ looks carefully the flying pattern of a flyer who may drop in his/her elite level.

Also, is it only KrisFlyer members who can select their seats while making a booking, or can people registering via the SQ HP (non-KrisFlyer members) also select their seats during the booking process?
If I am not mistaken, seat selection in advance is only available for economy pax who makes the booking on line on singaporeairlines.com. Any other method of booking will only let the Y pax to request aisle or window.
For premium pax, certain seat can be assigned in advance regardless of the booking method.
On the other note, from my previous experience being TPP, I was able to get seat assignment in Y even though I did not make the booking on line. But perhaps, now it's different story. Who knows?

Last edited by Diamond Seats; Mar 15, 2010 at 12:48 pm
Old Apr 17, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: BD *G, Tufty Club - crossing the road is far more dangerous than flying
Seat allocation

Have you tried using the LH manage my booking website? Seems to work for most *A airlines - I've used it for LH, BD, TG and SQ without any problems (so far).
See discussion over on the BD board here.

Also, to update the aircraft serving which routes section, SIN-MLE is now served by the A330-300.

Cheers,

JJJJS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.