General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Got it! Is there a charge? or I trust they take chargecards?
This is SQ not UA. Put your wallet away. Enjoy your drink and flight.

Wow, noted! Yes I do have PP access, any specific suggestions in the PP offerings?
DNATA & SATS are both decent. Not great but decent.

Follow up question: I am currently scheduled SIN-PVG on a 5pm flight, possible to leave on an earlier flight? if so... how does SQ do standby/same say change?
Ask nicely at the airport.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by headforflights
if I book 4 pax in biz and also put 1 pax on waitlist for First(the same flights)
and before travel SQ will allow me finish booking for First seats, Can I just cancel 1pax from Bizness booking and finalize First booking?
do I have to pay some penalty to cancell booking for 1pax?
Yes you can. What you do is you waitlist First, then book Biz, then hope that the waitlist clears.
If/when it clears, you call up KF and get them to cancel the Biz pax and re-book into First.
I've done this before but for the life of me I can't remember whether I needed to pay the miles redeposit fee, so I'll let someone else chime in on this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by headforflights
I would like to book dream vacation for next year using Krisflyer points for 4pax
Europe-SYD
and I have question
I see avalibility for 4 pax in Business but also whant to book 1pax in first but this seats are waitlist only....
so my question is
if I book 4 pax in biz and also put 1 pax on waitlist for First(the same flights)
and before travel SQ will allow me finish booking for First seats, Can I just cancel 1pax from Bizness booking and finalize First booking?
do I have to pay some penalty to cancell booking for 1pax?
Same day/flight... no charge. Call and ask them to do it.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
1A or 3A on the old suites layout JFK-SIN? I know 3A gets an extra window, but have heard 1A may be a more quiet seat with more privacy. Any advice from someone who has flown these seats?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
If I have a flight booked EWR-SIN and then on the same ticketing SIN-SYD do I need to recheck my bag in SIN or if I check it at EWR it will go all the way through? I'm just going to the lounges and not leaving the airport during my layover.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Red259
If I have a flight booked EWR-SIN and then on the same ticketing SIN-SYD do I need to recheck my bag in SIN or if I check it at EWR it will go all the way through? I'm just going to the lounges and not leaving the airport during my layover.
At EWR they'll check your bag all the way through, especially as both segments are on the same ticket. You can enjoy your time in the lounge without worrying about your bags.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I booked a Business class U fare from SGN-SIN-SFO (via HKG) and would like to use KF miles to upgrade to first. Currently only the Advantage upgrade is available. Is there a way to set an alert for saver upgrade space? Or to call in and wait list for a saver upgrade award?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
I booked a Business class U fare from SGN-SIN-SFO (via HKG) and would like to use KF miles to upgrade to first. Currently only the Advantage upgrade is available. Is there a way to set an alert for saver upgrade space? Or to call in and wait list for a saver upgrade award?
Call in and waitlist.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Call in and waitlist.
Thanks! I called in and wait listed. The flight isn't till November. However, I feel my chanced of a saver upgrade are pretty slim on SIN-HKG-SFO.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by JHake10
Thanks! I called in and wait listed. The flight isn't till November. However, I feel my chanced of a saver upgrade are pretty slim on SIN-HKG-SFO.
Good for you and who knows... November is a long ways away.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by shuigao
Yes you can. What you do is you waitlist First, then book Biz, then hope that the waitlist clears.
If/when it clears, you call up KF and get them to cancel the Biz pax and re-book into First.
I've done this before but for the life of me I can't remember whether I needed to pay the miles redeposit fee, so I'll let someone else chime in on this.
You pay the change of award class ticket reissue fee.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:44 pm

Is the booking code for first class awards on all aircraft types O?

I plug that in to EF and it as if that code does not exist.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward

Seems so and yeah EF I haven't found helps you here. The amount of O seats doesn't seem to have anything to do with how many are occupied at all. Some segments have 1 some have 2 even with ALL empty seats, etc. It's a backend revenue maximization thing hence... chasers.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward

I tot someone have advise that you cant find the award inventory in EF for SQ.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

I tot someone have advise that you cant find the award inventory in EF for SQ.
There are many data points that say you should set an EF alert when you waitlist. How are they doing to then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.