Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by RedSun
My Krisflyer account is expiring. I set up account for each family member, but only use one account to hold points and book for family travel.

Is there any needs to set up new Krisflyer accounts again? I do not see the needs to have the accounts expired again. But I do not want to lose reward miles.
Are you sure it's the account that's expiring, as opposed to the KrisFlyer miles themselves that are expiring? I don't believe that KF accounts themselves can expire, only the miles within them can expire (3 years after they are deposited into the account, that is).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:04 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MathNerd
Are you sure it's the account that's expiring, as opposed to the KrisFlyer miles themselves that are expiring? I don't believe that KF accounts themselves can expire, only the miles within them can expire (3 years after they are deposited into the account, that is).
Yes, it is Krisflyer account. This is really bad.

This is a gentle reminder that as a result of inactivity, your KrisFlyer membership account will be expiring in a month on 01/03/2019. After this date, your KrisFlyer membership account and number will no longer be valid.However, maintaining your KrisFlyer account is easy, even if you're not flying. Simply perform any of the following activities before your account expiry date, ensuring that you provide your membership card/number where required, and your account will be kept active:

Convert your existing KrisFlyer miles to/from points with selected partner loyalty programmes or credit cards where applicable;

Transact on the ground with one of our many hotel, credit card and car rental partners; or
Log in to your KrisFlyer account whenever you shop on KrisShop.com to earn miles on your purchases, or redeem for your purchases with your existing KrisFlyer miles.For more information on the many ways that you can earn or redeem KrisFlyer miles, please visit krisflyer.com.
We would also like to take the opportunity to remind you that should you re-enrol as a KrisFlyer member after your current account expires, a new KrisFlyer membership number will be assigned to you.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you on board soon.Yours Sincerely,
KrisFlyer Membership Services
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:08 pm

Yes, it is Krisflyer account. This is really bad.

This is a gentle reminder that as a result of inactivity, your KrisFlyer membership account will be expiring in a month on 01/03/2019. After this date, your KrisFlyer membership account and number will no longer be valid.However, maintaining your KrisFlyer account is easy, even if you're not flying. Simply perform any of the following activities before your account expiry date, ensuring that you provide your membership card/number where required, and your account will be kept active:

Convert your existing KrisFlyer miles to/from points with selected partner loyalty programmes or credit cards where applicable;

Transact on the ground with one of our many hotel, credit card and car rental partners; or
Log in to your KrisFlyer account whenever you shop on KrisShop.com to earn miles on your purchases, or redeem for your purchases with your existing KrisFlyer miles.For more information on the many ways that you can earn or redeem KrisFlyer miles, please visit krisflyer.com.
We would also like to take the opportunity to remind you that should you re-enrol as a KrisFlyer member after your current account expires, a new KrisFlyer membership number will be assigned to you.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you on board soon.Yours Sincerely,
KrisFlyer Membership Services
Wow, never heard of this before.
How many KF miles are we talking about here, that are at stake?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:41 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MathNerd
Wow, never heard of this before.
How many KF miles are we talking about here, that are at stake?
As I said, not miles, just the account. I only use one account to book ticket for family member. All other accounts have no miles.

I figure I'll just create another account then. Just silly stuff from SQ.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:46 pm

But I do not want to lose reward miles.
As I said, not miles, just the account. I only use one account to book ticket for family member. All other accounts have no miles.

I figure I'll just create another account then. Just silly stuff from SQ.
Oh I see. You did mention previously that you "do not want to lose reward miles", hence my mention of how many miles are going to be lost.
If there's no miles at stake then I guess it's okay, you'll just have new KF numbers for your family members, and it won't be a big deal.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Does SQ have a list of all films they have for a flight? I go to the website and I get a category that says new films for the month. Does that mean that is all the movies for the month? For example, they have A star is born listed in march but its not listed in April? Or are they just saying A Star in Born is starting in March on SQ?i I'd like to watch Crazy Rich Asians on the flight if they have it because I am heading to Singapore and thought it would be fun to watch, but I don't see it listed anywhere on SQ website which seems a bit odd given their home city is Singapore.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:54 am

For my flights from LAX x SIN - MEL last week, there were far more movies on board than are showing on the website. There were both February and March films as well as a stack of others.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by jmoorfoot
For my flights from LAX x SIN - MEL last week, there were far more movies on board than are showing on the website. There were both February and March films as well as a stack of others.
Thanks. If someone is on a SQ flight soon if you could check to see if the film Crazy Rich Asians is in their entertainment selection I would appreciate it. Also, are the current meal choices the ones that are going to be available in April or will the menu be changing between now and then?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Red259
Thanks. If someone is on a SQ flight soon if you could check to see if the film Crazy Rich Asians is in their entertainment selection I would appreciate it.
I flew SIN-NRT in late January and Crazy Rich Asians was indeed available (my wife watched it on the flight).
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
I flew SIN-NRT in late January and Crazy Rich Asians was indeed available (my wife watched it on the flight).
Thanks so much!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by Red259
Thanks so much!
crazy rich Asians is available for March. For April I am not sure.
There is a easy way for you to see what are the movies available.

just download the SQ app. Then click “more”. Under e-library. You can download the Kris world magazine n check through the movies listing.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: UA Gold, Krisflyer Elite Gold
Hi all, I made some changes (added stopover and rearranged dates) to a confirmed and ticketed award. Now my new itinerary has been updated in the booking section of the app (same Ref. No as before) with the new dates/flights. However, it is only confirmed now and not ticketed. I provided my credit card info via phone to the customer service agent for fee payments (has not posted yet on my chase acct). Should I be worried that I might possibly lose this confirmed booking if its not ticketed soon (any deadline for payment)? Or an I being overly cautious for no reason (its a long haul first class saver award so I got lucky)?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by foodcrazyboy
Hi all, I made some changes (added stopover and rearranged dates) to a confirmed and ticketed award. Now my new itinerary has been updated in the booking section of the app (same Ref. No as before) with the new dates/flights. However, it is only confirmed now and not ticketed. I provided my credit card info via phone to the customer service agent for fee payments (has not posted yet on my chase acct). Should I be worried that I might possibly lose this confirmed booking if its not ticketed soon (any deadline for payment)? Or an I being overly cautious for no reason (its a long haul first class saver award so I got lucky)?
Is it a SQ only itinerary? In which case you're fine. They won't give away your seats to anyone.

How long ago did you do the changes to your award ticket? Usually it takes a 2-3 days for it to show up as ticketed. YMMV.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by foodcrazyboy
I freaked out about this too, as Piper said, if you actually call and ask they say it takes 24-48 hours to process.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, Krisflyer Elite Gold
Yes, it is an SQ only itinerary. I did not know about the 2-3 day lag time. Thank you both! I guess i have to be a little bit more patient for the ticketing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.