General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Not sure why this happened but a heads up for those waitlisting flights…

Had a flight waitlisted for the latest Krisflyer Spontaneous Escapes and been on waitlist for around 24 hours but has not cleared (flight in 2 weeks)

Lo and behold, I checked again today for other flights on that day and the flight I was waitlisted on actually had confirmable seats using miles.

Needless to say, I booked it and simply cancelled my waitlisted flight.

For those on WL, you might want to continuously check if the flight is bookable right away.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:00 am

I ended up going to the Chase portal and just using my Chase points and cash to buy Business class seats outright. I figured it cost me the same cash amount as Economy on United and I'd much rather use my points for guaranteed Business than have them locked into SQ miles and not get off the waiting list.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by indo79
Not sure why this happened but a heads up for those waitlisting flights…

Had a flight waitlisted for the latest Krisflyer Spontaneous Escapes and been on waitlist for around 24 hours but has not cleared (flight in 2 weeks)

Lo and behold, I checked again today for other flights on that day and the flight I was waitlisted on actually had confirmable seats using miles.

Needless to say, I booked it and simply cancelled my waitlisted flight.

For those on WL, you might want to continuously check if the flight is bookable right away.
This is not new. Has happened to me a couple of times earlier. Seems to be some IT issue and I agree with you it's best to keep checking.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Noobie question on spontaneous escapes,

"Redeem online from now till 28 February 2019 ... Business Class redemptions at regular Economy Saver rates ... for travel from 1 March to 30 April 2019 inclusive."

If today, I waitlist a flight in end-March,
Then in early March the waitlist clears,
Do I get to confirm the redemption on the spontaneous escape rate? Or would I need to 'pay' normal rates?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:10 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I booked an award like a month or two ago but I never was emailed a ticket, which is weird because I normally get a ticket. The points were deducted out of my account and when I click manage my booking it lists both flights as confirmed. Is this normal? Usually my flights are direct and I am not switching planes so I don't know if that explains the difference.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flying LO C from SIN I can use SilverKris Business lounge and SATS-as LO seem to have contract.

However, as *G I cannot guest LO Y pax to SilverKris Business, but I could guest to KrisFlyer Gold and perhaps SATS as LO obviously want pax to use that.

Do I have it right?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
Noobie question on spontaneous escapes,

"Redeem online from now till 28 February 2019 ... Business Class redemptions at regular Economy Saver rates ... for travel from 1 March to 30 April 2019 inclusive."

If today, I waitlist a flight in end-March,
Then in early March the waitlist clears,
Do I get to confirm the redemption on the spontaneous escape rate? Or would I need to 'pay' normal rates?
normal rates. Waitlist must be clear by end Feb to enjoy the discount rate
shuigao likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Flying LO C from SIN I can use SilverKris Business lounge and SATS-as LO seem to have contract.

However, as *G I cannot guest LO Y pax to SilverKris Business, but I could guest to KrisFlyer Gold and perhaps SATS as LO obviously want pax to use that.

Do I have it right?
Yes, because *G don't get access to Silver Kris. Unlike LH, SQ gives *G at its hub a notably worse lounge offering than J flyers get. TBH, I would take the SATS lounge over the Gold lounge. Last time I went in Kris Gold it was so dingy and dismal I walked straight out and went to SATS instead. I'm not sure about the guesting options at SATS though.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question regarding Upgrade with Miles. Is that option only available if crediting the paid flight to KrisFlyer?

I purchased a Premium Economy flight. LAX-SIN, SIN-HKG-SFO. During booking, the "Upgrade with Miles" section said "Yes". And I know from the fare code, that it is a valid upgradeable fare. Crediting the fare to Alaska. But now when I pull up the booking, "Upgrade with Miles" at the top is grayed out. And when I hover, it says: "Redemption upgrades are not available for this booking. Please refer to the conditions on your ticket for more information."

Anyone experience this? Do I need to call and change credit to KrisFlyer?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
So I'm moving countries, and am planning to use KF points in J as I'll need as much baggage allowance as possible.
One of the itineraries I'd like has a layover of 17-19 hours. Am I correct in assuming they will hold all my checked luggage at the airport (all one ticket; SQ then MI)?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by oh_lol
So I'm moving countries, and am planning to use KF points in J as I'll need as much baggage allowance as possible.
One of the itineraries I'd like has a layover of 17-19 hours. Am I correct in assuming they will hold all my checked luggage at the airport (all one ticket; SQ then MI)?
Depending on your visa SQ may also give you 10KG of baggage. Where are you moving to?
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by FN-GM
Depending on your visa SQ may also give you 10KG of baggage. Where are you moving to?
I'm moving back home to Australia.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
a layover of 17-19 hours. Am I correct in assuming they will hold all my checked luggage at the airport (all one ticket; SQ then MI)?
Yes they will.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
I'm moving back home to Australia.
Ah - so you won't have a visa? They might not allow it.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:41 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

My Krisflyer account is expiring. I set up account for each family member, but only use one account to hold points and book for family travel.

Is there any needs to set up new Krisflyer accounts again? I do not see the needs to have the accounts expired again. But I do not want to lose reward miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.