Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
For a ticket issued by redeeming KF miles, can I update the pax's frequent flyer number (UA MP, not KF) to reflect their *G status? I'd like to have the pax benefit from their *G status even though its a redemption (Bags, lounge access).
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by legionnaire
For a ticket issued by redeeming KF miles, can I update the pax's frequent flyer number (UA MP, not KF) to reflect their *G status? I'd like to have the pax benefit from their *G status even though its a redemption (Bags, lounge access).
Yes. You can do this in "Manage Booking." I typically change mine to NH and it always shows up at check-in, with my associated *G status.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by gpeso8
Yes. You can do this in "Manage Booking."
The FF field is read-only when I go into the "Manage Booking" screen. I guess I'll have to call KF to make the change.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by legionnaire
The FF field is read-only when I go into the "Manage Booking" screen. I guess I'll have to call KF to make the change.
Strange, I just edited mine last week.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:33 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
How to find information on meal services offered on particular flight?

Where can I find what sort of meals (ie. breakfast/brunch/lunch etc) are served on a particular flight? I've been searching all over the SQ website, even made a dummy booking but it never shows what meals they serve before ticket is issued. I can pull up my current bookings that are ticketed and it will say it for each sector.

Specifically I'm looking at SQ288 and SQ211 from Singapore to Sydney and want to know whether both flights offer full caviar service (not just as garnish) in First or whether maybe SQ288 leaving at 9.30am is still a brunch or breakfast service.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Once you have a booking, you should be able to see the menu and dining options under MANAGE BOOKING.
That is where you can select meals, book the cook, etc.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Where can I find what sort of meals (ie. breakfast/brunch/lunch etc) are served on a particular flight? I've been searching all over the SQ website, even made a dummy booking but it never shows what meals they serve before ticket is issued. I can pull up my current bookings that are ticketed and it will say it for each sector
I normally just use google and read others' trip reports. I don't think the SQ website will give you that information until after you make a booking (corrections most welcome)
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:12 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by shuigao
I normally just use google and read others' trip reports. I don't think the SQ website will give you that information until after you make a booking (corrections most welcome)
Yes, that's the problem. I can't see that info until AFTER I made the booking and I'd like to know in advance. I may not use the right terms in Dr. Google, but trust me I tried googling meal service and SQ288/211, first class and caviar etc and I could not find out anything. Mostly actually, if I search for SQ288 it gives me information on the new Canberra Sydney Singapore flight, which is actually the reverse direction and should not even come up under SQ288....unless they changed the flight numbers around and previously the same flight number operated the flight in the oppossite direction...Hence, I thought I'd ask the FT community and experts for help.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Hence, I thought I'd ask the FT community and experts for help.
Well I googled "SQ288" first class flight report and got this link: https://myflyingdoctor.com/2018/09/2...ore-to-sydney/
Seems to be caviar + lunch and a refreshment service later on.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:18 am

Well I googled "SQ288" first class flight report and got this link: https://myflyingdoctor.com/2018/09/2...ore-to-sydney/
Seems to be caviar + lunch and a refreshment service later on.
Thank you! I am obviously hopeless asking dr. Google...great to know.

Interesting side note, the images in this report indicate that they had proper duvets for sleeping, however, last week on my flight from DXB to SIN (overnight) I only got a pathetic blanket in First! Is this part of some sort of cost cutting excercise?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: NH, JL, SQ
is SQ likely to release Y award space last minute? in particular when its available to partners already. i checked on lifemiles and NH and i see availability for a particular flight i want next week, but its waitlisted through krisflyer. I'm guessing the krisflyer bucket is sold out and the partner bucket still has decent space.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:16 am

Hawaiian operated flights

Can you book a United saver award through Krisflyer if a segment is operated by Hawaiian Airlines?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by rubbernyc
Once you have a booking, you should be able to see the menu and dining options under MANAGE BOOKING.
That is where you can select meals, book the cook, etc.
Having booked a code share LH ticket, I couldn't use the option under "Manage Booking". The link was inactive. So I emailed them my choice and they came back to me the next day with confirmation.

I just looked it up here:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...book-the-cook/
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:49 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by ebola 4
Can you book a United saver award through Krisflyer if a segment is operated by Hawaiian Airlines?
Nope. You can book *A operated flights only using KF.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by merridius
is SQ likely to release Y award space last minute? in particular when its available to partners already. i checked on lifemiles and NH and i see availability for a particular flight i want next week, but its waitlisted through krisflyer. I'm guessing the krisflyer bucket is sold out and the partner bucket still has decent space.
They might but nobody can answer that question definitively. SQ is not known to release award space on their flights just because seats are going empty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.