Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Ticketing / cancelling questions

I currently have a one way Krisflyer award ADL - SIN - IST flight booked and ticketed. I'm now thinking of returning the same way but both flights are once a day or less and the timetable means a very long layover in SIN. As I'm in no hurry, I could have a stopover in SIN instead. Questions:

- I believe the stopover would be free as part of a return journey. Can I add the return to the existing ticket? Presumably only by phone if that is possible?

- What would happen if I had to cancel the return after taking the outbound? Would the refund (of miles and/or money) be the same as if it were two separate tickets or does Krisflyer work like BA and give no points refunds once you commence the outbound journey?

- Do Krisflyer do holds and if so for how long?

- any suggestions for an easy way to get the 400 or so Krisflyer miles I am short?

- is there any way to combine miles held by two people, either in one account or when booking?

I'm silver (via Shangri-La, not flying) if it makes a difference.

Thanks to all.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by louie-m
I currently have a one way Krisflyer award ADL - SIN - IST flight booked and ticketed. I'm now thinking of returning the same way but both flights are once a day or less and the timetable means a very long layover in SIN. As I'm in no hurry, I could have a stopover in SIN instead. Questions:
Replies from live chat with SQ:

- I believe the stopover would be free as part of a return journey. Can I add the return to the existing ticket? Presumably only by phone if that is possible?
Yes. Ticket needs to be reissued at a cost of USD25 p/p. By phone or using online chat.

- What would happen if I had to cancel the return after taking the outbound? Would the refund (of miles and/or money) be the same as if it were two separate tickets or does Krisflyer work like BA and give no points refunds once you commence the outbound journey?
For partially used award ticket unable to perform any cancellation to refund back the miles but you are allow to make changes on the travel date with rebooking fee of USD25.00.

- Do Krisflyer do holds and if so for how long?
Yes at least in this case. To the end of the month.

- any suggestions for an easy way to get the 400 or so Krisflyer miles I am short?
I got 500 Krisflyer miles by signing up for Heathrow Rewards.

- is there any way to combine miles held by two people, either in one account or when booking?
I didn't ask, but I think the answer is no.

I'm silver (via Shangri-La, not flying) if it makes a difference.

Thanks to all.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:32 pm

First time redeeming on SQ and was hoping to get some help on a routing from all you experts

TPE-KUL on Eva (J)
$100 stopover
KUL-SIN on Singapore (J or Y)
$100 stopover
SIN-FRA-JFK on Singapore (F)

125K + $200 + taxes (star alliance award)

KUL to SIN is cheap enough to buy but I'd prefer not having to fly unnecessary flights if possible.
I know it'll be a fight to book with stopovers; I was unsuccessful in the past by phone but on reading more about how stopovers work it seems I'll need a supervisor to help. Thank you in advance for any insight/tips
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brownie20
First time redeeming on SQ and was hoping to get some help on a routing from all you experts

TPE-KUL on Eva (J)
$100 stopover
KUL-SIN on Singapore (J or Y)
$100 stopover
SIN-FRA-JFK on Singapore (F)

125K + $200 + taxes (star alliance award)

KUL to SIN is cheap enough to buy but I'd prefer not having to fly unnecessary flights if possible.
I know it'll be a fight to book with stopovers; I was unsuccessful in the past by phone but on reading more about how stopovers work it seems I'll need a supervisor to help. Thank you in advance for any insight/tips
I'm afraid partner stopovers are not allowed on one way awards, only returns. The one way $100 stopovers only work on SQ redemptions.
brownie20 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Did the SQ lounge at ICN close? Does anyone know what lounge they use for F.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:52 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
I have checked on Kris Flyer, milage calculator, and it looks like it was just updated for the new direct flight, I plan to credit to UA MP, but I am very tight on needing PQM to earn 4 additional UG's.

I am booked in Business (U), I am not concerned about the RDM earnings.

From UA as I am on an SQ ticket it says I should earn "Flight distance is defined as the miles scheduled for a specific flight, as determined solely by United."

SQ KF shows as:
JFK-FRA-SIN . Actual miles flown - 9,533 miles - I assume it wont credit as JFK-FRA and FRA-SIN
SIN-EWR Actual miles flown - 9,529 miles

So based on the SQ site it will only give me a margin of 110 miles or so, is that the figure UA will post? if not could the different be more than 110 miles?

Has anyone recently had a SQ ticket / Metal JFK-FRA-SIN booked in to U class post on UA MP?

I also signed up for SQ PPS and added my UA number to my profile, I assume thats the right thing to do and wont impact UA MP earning.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
This seems hard to search in the thread, but why can I not search for an SQ award that starts from Singapore?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
This seems hard to search in the thread, but why can I not search for an SQ award that starts from Singapore?
Maybe SQ had some IT problems. There's no special trick to it.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by w4rd
Maybe SQ had some IT problems. There's no special trick to it.
Wow - so I tried Firefox instead of Chrome and SIN comes up. Major fail for SQ IT....
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Wow - so I tried Firefox instead of Chrome and SIN comes up. Major fail for SQ IT....
Facing issues on Safari too.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Facing issues on Safari too.
keep getting error in chrome for SQ website some security error code. Can’t even go past the first page.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Anyone know when the new terminal at SIN will open? I have flights on SQ to and from there in April 2019.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Red259
Anyone know when the new terminal at SIN will open? I have flights on SQ to and from there in April 2019.
What new terminal?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Red259
Changi is currently projecting T5 to open around 2030. I don't think you need to be concerned.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Perhaps a stupid question, but I am not an SQ expert and now trying to piece together my first award flight. I want to fly LIS-FRA-JFK. There is J space on TAP and F on SQ for my dates, but when I plug it into SQ's partner airline search, I get no results. Will the website never show this availability and do I have to call the North American line to book?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.