General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by dsched
What could be wrong with the "worlds favourite first class"?
Things do break.. or aircraft get swapped... that sort of things
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
As a fresh SQ Gold, what are my lounge options at SIN and which one do you recommend?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Unsub
As a fresh SQ Gold, what are my lounge options at SIN and which one do you recommend?
Both the KF gold *A lounges in T2 and 3 are poor IMO. I would avoid both unless you just wanted to get some work done. Silverkris lounges are much better but you won’t be able to access those unless you’re traveling business class on star alliance or PPS.

Not sure what the Thai Airways lounge is like...

Last edited by Mlee888; Jul 20, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Old Jul 20, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Have to agree with the poor rating of the KF Gold lounge - I took one look at it when I first became *G and headed straight to the SATS lounge and used my Priority Pass.

SQ may be the "World's Best Airline" (Skytrax!) but it sure as hell isn't down to the quality of their lounges.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
SQ may be the "World's Best Airline" (Skytrax!) but it sure as hell isn't down to the quality of their lounges.
Best first and business class lounge in Asia .. Apparently
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:23 pm

Hearing that about the KF Gold lounges is pretty disappointing... I do have access to Diners Club lounges as well. I'm assuming SATS would be the best of them?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Hi I'm thinking of doing a mileage run for $329NZD to get to KF Gold. Just wondered do KF Golds see more availability when searching awards. For eg in the suites etc. Just wondering if it's worthwhile to try and get gold or whether to leave it. I'm based in WLG. Already have NZ Elite status.

Also does anyone know when next week SQ will announce their specials they notified of in an email? Is it likely to be Monday or more like mid week.

TIA
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice
Hi I'm thinking of doing a mileage run for $329NZD to get to KF Gold. Just wondered do KF Golds see more availability when searching awards. For eg in the suites etc. Just wondering if it's worthwhile to try and get gold or whether to leave it. I'm based in WLG. Already have NZ Elite status.

Also does anyone know when next week SQ will announce their specials they notified of in an email? Is it likely to be Monday or more like mid week.

TIA
I personally never used to see any additional availability as SQ Gold. If you already have elite on NZ I probably wouldn’t bother. Depends how much you value the additional status on top for that amount of money.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:34 pm

Hearing that about the KF Gold lounges is pretty disappointing... I do have access to Diners Club lounges as well. I'm assuming SATS would be the best of them?
The SATS lounges are probably only slightly better than the Gold lounges. They do have a couple of showers though.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888

I personally never used to see any additional availability as SQ Gold. If you already have elite on NZ I probably wouldn’t bother.
Thanks Mlee888. Good to know. I can already use the *A lounges. With NZ Elite we get access to the upfront, more legroom seats on NZ which is a big benefit.

Also do you have any idea when the SQ specials are being announced next week? thanks
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:40 pm

Thanks Mlee888. Good to know. I can already use the *A lounges. With NZ Elite we get access to the upfront, more legroom seats on NZ which is a big benefit.

Also do you have any idea when the SQ specials are being announced next week? thanks
I should add that you’ll get forward seating privileges on KF Gold too. Really depends how much you value the perks here compared to NZ.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...gold/benefits/

Couldn’t tell you about the sales. I did a mileage run myself a few weeks back but that was for a reward on PPS rather than maintaining PPS.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold

TIA
I don't think KF Golds see more availability, but my experience is that some waitlists clear instantly
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:20 pm

I have cancelled an award ticket end of May through phone (the cancel option was greyed out in manage my booking). Its been almost 2 months and the miles have not been redeposited back. I have called three times, each time.thry said they have expedite the process. I'm heading to Singapore next week, is it more effective to go to ions office to get this sorted out?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by w4rd
I don't think KF Golds see more availability, but my experience is that some waitlists clear instantly
Many thanks, that's useful to know. I think I'll go for KF Gold. There are some WLG-MEL flights in August showing for $309 NZD return which is very reasonable.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:30 am

Am I missing something in the way that elite miles are calculated? My statement suggests I should have 2062 elite miles, but I only have the miles from the SQ flights. Or is this a bug? EDIT: ah, this is since my tracking period must have started at the beginning of July and not when I was matched to Gold...

Last edited by Unsub; Jul 22, 2018 at 7:33 am Reason: My bad

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.