General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
Does anyone know if I can collect SQ miles from a SA codeshare/marketed/ticketed flight operated by Emirates? Specifically, DXB-JNB-DXB but sold via SA. I am not hopeful but grareful for any advice.

Work-Shy
flights operated by Emirates will not earn Kris Flyer miles, even if have SA codeshare
Work-Shy likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 5:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Unsub
I'm moving to Singapore in couple of months. Even though SQ doesn't do status matches, do you think it would be worthwhile to contact them in this case and ask for a match or a challenge? I'm currently OWE, *A Silver and SkyTeam Elite. Will be changing my patterns to SQ quite heavily...
Nothing to lose by asking but don't expect a favourable response.

If based in SIN and fly SQ a lot, especially if in premium cabins, you will quickly earn status on SQ anyway.

Actually if flying a lot of SQ paid business or first class you may want to consider staying with your current programme and double-dipping to get SQ PPS status as well.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: points traveller
has anyone got experience in redeeming SQ miles for LH F? taxes & fees ex USA seem outrageous compared to using UA miles. (USD$500 on SQ, USD$80 on united)
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:20 am

That's because SQ charges the same Lufthansa surcharges as a paid ticket, but UA doesn't charge them.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
has anyone got experience in redeeming SQ miles for LH F? taxes & fees ex USA seem outrageous compared to using UA miles. (USD$500 on SQ, USD$80 on united)
Our EWR-FRA-PVG (LH/F) -SIN-DPS (SQ/O, J) was 520SGD in Dec.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
If anyone is interested in seeing SG A350 ULR Test flight from today, check out -

Update : Looks like the FB link is not showing. - 2nd Try facebook.com/BigJetTV/videos/379347032543197/
Old Apr 24, 2018, 6:47 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I Can't find anything.

Is it possible to book JFK to SFO/LAX (on united) and then on the same ticket go from SFO/LAX to Either HKG or NRT? Or do these segments price out separately? Note I am not looking for a stopover, I just am based in JFK and want to go to either NRT or HKG.

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by bdubs7

Is it possible to book JFK to SFO/LAX (on united) and then on the same ticket go from SFO/LAX to Either HKG or NRT? Or do these segments price out separately? Note I am not looking for a stopover, I just am based in JFK and want to go to either NRT or HKG.

Thanks.
UA doesn't fly from JFK. You'd have to go to EWR but I think this routing is extremely unlikely. You should be able to phone and book AS + SQ though starting from JFK.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by bdubs7

Thanks.
If this is an award booking, you would have to do it as a Star Alliance award (separate chart) and, if you want non-stop NYC-LAX/SFO on UA, it would have to be out of EWR. Generally speaking, taxes & fees are much higher for *A award bookings, but I'm not sure if SQ charges them on UA flights. Best way to find out is to call and ask them to price it out.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL
Is LAX-NRT/ICN-SIN-AKL a valid route? I'm not able to book an award ticket with origin as LAX and destination AKL. I can easily book Sydney or Melbourne. When I called in, the agent quoted me the sum of two segments, something like 140k+.

Is there no way to get to New Zealand without doing two separate awards?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2018, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by krdvg
Is LAX-NRT/ICN-SIN-AKL a valid route? I'm not able to book an award ticket with origin as LAX and destination AKL. I can easily book Sydney or Melbourne. When I called in, the agent quoted me the sum of two segments, something like 140k+.

Thanks!
go the other direction perhaps?
(JFK-FRA-SIN-AKL) or (IAH-Manchester-SIN-AKL)
Old May 3, 2018, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by krdvg

Thanks!
Maybe because AKL involves flying east after you’ve flown westbound from LA? But so does SYD/MEL. I would HUCA.
Old May 8, 2018, 5:55 am

would LHR-FRA-PEK-SIN be a valid routing, or considered backtracking?

and also can you mix *A partners and SQ on a redemption?

TIA
Old May 8, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by diningdecadence
would LHR-FRA-PEK-SIN be a valid routing, or considered backtracking?

and also can you mix *A partners and SQ on a redemption?

TIA
It's not backtracking but given the number of direct and 1-stop options between LHR & SIN, I'm not sure SQ would offer you a route with so many stops. But people here with more experience in this can weigh in.

You can mix *A & SQ on a redemption - *A charts would apply in that case.
Old May 8, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Does SQ offer OLCI (online check-in) on SQ25 JFK-SIN? I will be connecting from Delta on a separate ticket also arriving in T4 and would rather not leave security to check-in again. No checked bags. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.