General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old May 5, 20, 5:53 pm
  #2596  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,224
Originally Posted by g289t View Post
A friend is booked on SQ22, SIN-EWR, on June 20. I've heard that all US routes are axed in June except for LAX. However, his flight still shows intact on singaporeair.com. Is the June schedule not yet set in stone? Or is 7 weeks too far out to show as canceled?

EWR is his final destination. If SQ22 is canceled, I suppose they'll rebook him via LAX and connect to United to EWR? Or will they cancel the itinerary?
It is too early to know for June, it was just a week or so ago they announced their May schedule.
s0ssos is offline  
Old May 5, 20, 5:56 pm
  #2597  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,224
Originally Posted by shadoworb View Post
Does SQ offer day of departure upgrade offers? If they do, is it limited to certain fare classes? I know there is the mySQupgrade thing, but PY (R) isn't eligible...
Is there a reason you have PY? Economy is actually better cause you will get a whole row to yourself, so actually can lie down.
FAs are quite inflexible letting you change seats, because they want to do contact tracing. So you may not be allowed to go take a row in economy-they'll ask you to stay in your section.
s0ssos is offline  
Old May 5, 20, 7:09 pm
  #2598  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
Is there a reason you have PY? Economy is actually better cause you will get a whole row to yourself, so actually can lie down.
FAs are quite inflexible letting you change seats, because they want to do contact tracing. So you may not be allowed to go take a row in economy-they'll ask you to stay in your section.
I'm planning on EWR-SIN-KUL and back, so no Y available for the first leg.
shadoworb is offline  
Old May 6, 20, 8:17 am
  #2599  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,809
Originally Posted by g289t View Post
A friend is booked on SQ22, SIN-EWR, on June 20. I've heard that all US routes are axed in June except for LAX. However, his flight still shows intact on singaporeair.com. Is the June schedule not yet set in stone? Or is 7 weeks too far out to show as canceled?

EWR is his final destination. If SQ22 is canceled, I suppose they'll rebook him via LAX and connect to United to EWR? Or will they cancel the itinerary?
usually they will rebook but I think nowadays, they don’t do rebook because I think 99% of the pax are not going to fly.

so you can call in n request to rebook if you still want to travel. Or ask for refunds.

From SQ website, the LAX-EWR is via Alaska airlines.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old May 6, 20, 10:14 am
  #2600  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by sbs2716g View Post
usually they will rebook but I think nowadays, they don’t do rebook because I think 99% of the pax are not going to fly.

so you can call in n request to rebook if you still want to travel. Or ask for refunds.

From SQ website, the LAX-EWR is via Alaska airlines.
OK thank you. We're going to leave it for now and see what happens. He is going to travel if at all possible. He's an expat returning home. As long as he gets to the US East Coast, he's good!
g289t is offline  
Old May 8, 20, 1:04 pm
  #2601  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NY, NY & Long Island
Posts: 62
Hi, I had been trying to book a J award ticket from Jfk - VCE with the first segment on Sq. 25 connecting on to one of the many LH flights to VCE. My online search revealed that both segments were available, individually, in different classes - Sq 25 in J - while the LH flights offered Y. However when I searched for full itinerary end to end the only options offered were in “Y” for both segments.. so assuming this was some sort of “mixed class” or “married segment” restriction..i booked the SQ 25 flight alone. last week I saw that the LH segments (Fra - VCE) were now available in J - so I called KF to see if I could somehow get them to add the segment on. After a short hold they told me They could add it on for some additional taxes and a change fee- but that they could only offer it “Y”. Now that’s better than when I could only book the whole itinerary in “Y”. But I’m still hoping
the agent is mistaken or unaware of some protocol to arrange for the higher class.

So I ask you , the FT experts, is the there a way I can go about adding the second segment in “J”?
CedarSwampThing is offline  
Old May 8, 20, 1:05 pm
  #2602  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NY, NY & Long Island
Posts: 62
Duplicate post

Last edited by CedarSwampThing; May 8, 20 at 2:17 pm Reason: Duplicate
CedarSwampThing is offline  
Old May 8, 20, 10:07 pm
  #2603  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,809
Originally Posted by CedarSwampThing View Post
Hi, I had been trying to book a J award ticket from Jfk - VCE with the first segment on Sq. 25 connecting on to one of the many LH flights to VCE. My online search revealed that both segments were available, individually, in different classes - Sq 25 in J - while the LH flights offered Y. However when I searched for full itinerary end to end the only options offered were in “Y” for both segments.. so assuming this was some sort of “mixed class” or “married segment” restriction..i booked the SQ 25 flight alone. last week I saw that the LH segments (Fra - VCE) were now available in J - so I called KF to see if I could somehow get them to add the segment on. After a short hold they told me They could add it on for some additional taxes and a change fee- but that they could only offer it “Y”. Now that’s better than when I could only book the whole itinerary in “Y”. But I’m still hoping
the agent is mistaken or unaware of some protocol to arrange for the higher class.

So I ask you , the FT experts, is the there a way I can go about adding the second segment in “J”?
guess it is married segment issue again

what is available as FRA-VCE does not mean JFK-FRA-VCE is available.

If you are able to find availability in J for JFK-VCE, then you can ask the agent to add as J.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old May 11, 20, 12:45 am
  #2604  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 124
Is change of departure city, within same zone, valid as a "change" of J Saver award for USD25 + fee/tax difference? For instance, FRA-xSIN-MEL changing to FCO-xSIN-MEL, departing same day (and with SIN-MEL sector being the same)?

In a scenario like the above, where only the initial sector differs, should I waitlist just the FCO-SIN sector or the full itinerary?

(Basically, it's at the end of the calendar, and I would prefer FCO-xSIN-MEL but FRA-xSIN-MEL is actually available to confirm now.)
BernardBlack is offline  
Old May 16, 20, 7:46 pm
  #2605  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 25
Backtracking Krisflyer JFK-HND

Avid OW user so a bit out of my norm! Looking to use UR’s with to book one way NH - JFK-HND. I receive a “backtracking” error. I can, however, book IAD-HND/NRT with no problems showing multiple *A options. What gives? Really would like to try The Room next year (4/2021). Thx!
BCasc is offline  
Old May 17, 20, 7:24 am
  #2606  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,809
Originally Posted by BCasc View Post
Avid OW user so a bit out of my norm! Looking to use UR’s with to book one way NH - JFK-HND. I receive a “backtracking” error. I can, however, book IAD-HND/NRT with no problems showing multiple *A options. What gives? Really would like to try The Room next year (4/2021). Thx!
as usual SQ IT problem. If you search cash fare, they will sell you JFK-FRA-SIN-HND.

But for award wise, this will be consider as backtracking. And thus they won’t show *A options as well.

Suggest you call in to ask the agent to search instead.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Jun 11, 20, 8:13 am
  #2607  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G
Posts: 2,540
Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but I haven't found a more fitting one:

I've recently noticed that SQ has zeroed out all F and A inventory until 1st December. My flights in September still show as confirmed, how far in advance can I expect a downgrade notice from SQ?
Nick Art is online now  
Old Jul 14, 20, 10:47 am
  #2608  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LCY
Posts: 1,215
Haven't travelled with SQ for a long time, but looking to book a backup for a journey where they have been amongst the most reliable carriers between London and NZ/AU.

Does the Cancellation charge listed in the Economy Standard fare rules (£158.60 at present) mean that they will refund the remaining amount paid in case of the passenger cancelling the journey? And is that charge per leg or for the entire ticket?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
stewardo is offline  
Old Jul 15, 20, 8:15 am
  #2609  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,809
Originally Posted by stewardo View Post
Haven't travelled with SQ for a long time, but looking to book a backup for a journey where they have been amongst the most reliable carriers between London and NZ/AU.

Does the Cancellation charge listed in the Economy Standard fare rules (£158.60 at present) mean that they will refund the remaining amount paid in case of the passenger cancelling the journey? And is that charge per leg or for the entire ticket?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
yes. Correct but if you book return then the amount deducted will be 2x. The charge is based on per leg. I think there will be some currency exchange difference as well.

But right now they do offer free rebooking (subject to fare difference) for ticket booked up to 31/8/20.
sbs2716g is offline  
Old Jul 16, 20, 7:32 am
  #2610  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LCY
Posts: 1,215
Many thanks!
stewardo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread