Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Eva air is out. Transit is banned at Taiwan.

Good shout. Missed that!
Old Apr 27, 2020, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888
Try Japan Airlines from SIN-SEA. They may still have some flights to Seattle via NRT. Might be able to get a one way for less than $1k.

Another option is Eva Air. They still have some flights too I think.
Nothing with Japan Airlines. Taiwan isn't allow transit.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by treepuppy
Nothing with Japan Airlines. Taiwan isn't allow transit.
When do you need to leave Singapore by? Need more info if you are looking for some advice / help.

JAL has flights to Seattle from Singapore on 1st June.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 3:47 pm

How far out are SQ cancelling flights? I have an international itinerary (Australasia > Europe) in two weeks. The SQ PDFs show the route won't be operating, but its not cancelled yet in "the system" so I can't cancel my tickets without paying refund fees (award tickets). I would rather not do that as it is clear that even if I was wanting to fly (I don't) then I wouldn't be able to.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 5:23 am

When do you need to leave Singapore by? Need more info if you are looking for some advice / help.

JAL has flights to Seattle from Singapore on 1st June.
right now my visa expires 21 May, and already extended once, I'd like to extend a second time if possible but right now I have no idea. So the deadline currently is 21 May.. thank you
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by treepuppy
right now my visa expires 21 May, and already extended once, I'd like to extend a second time if possible but right now I have no idea. So the deadline currently is 21 May.. thank you
Lockdown in Philippines may end on 15th May so you might be able to get a flight to US via PAL after this day. Don’t think they fly to SEA though so might need to change in LAX and transfer from there.

If you prove to the local authorities that you can’t get home yet and show you have tried, they may provide additional extension. Best to contact them now rather than later.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:44 pm

Lockdown in Philippines may end on 15th May so you might be able to get a flight to US via PAL after this day. Don’t think they fly to SEA though so might need to change in LAX and transfer from there.

If you prove to the local authorities that you can’t get home yet and show you have tried, they may provide additional extension. Best to contact them now rather than later.
the problem is that there are currently flight to SEA via LAX (SQ) or via Tokyo/LAX (NH/UA) but these does not suit him as he prefer direct from Tokyo to SEA.

In the current situation I would think that he need to be more flexible in the routing.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 1:34 pm

I have some ty points that I need to transfer out in a couple days cuz they're expiring, how hard is it finding business availability using SQ miles? Hoping to use for a trip to Asia from the west coast using a free stopover anywhere. I need to visit Korea for sure but could visit anywhere else after, as long as there's availability. If SQ miles are hard to redeem, I can always transfer to Virgin Atlantic to fly delta one without a stopover. OF course this is months later after all the covid stuff dies down.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:21 pm

Does SQ offer day of departure upgrade offers? If they do, is it limited to certain fare classes? I know there is the mySQupgrade thing, but PY (R) isn't eligible...
Old May 1, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by shadoworb
Does SQ offer day of departure upgrade offers? If they do, is it limited to certain fare classes? I know there is the mySQupgrade thing, but PY (R) isn't eligible...
Generally no, it will based on the price difference between your current ticket and the cabin you wanted to get into. If I’m not mistaken there’s upgrade offer but that’s for Singapore to Indonesia (short route)
Old May 1, 2020, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
Generally no, it will based on the price difference between your current ticket and the cabin you wanted to get into. If I’m not mistaken there’s upgrade offer but that’s for Singapore to Indonesia (short route)
Sorry, do you mean generally no, as in there aren't upgrade offers? Or no, as in if there are offers, it's not fare class restricted? Or are the offers route/plane dependent? I did some digging here and on SQ's site, but can't seem to find anything concrete.

I'm fine with a PY seat (paying outright for a J seat isn't really worth it for me). But United often presents you with upgrade offers upon check in if there are empty seats up front. I've occasionally scored some upgrades to United Polaris on TPAC flights for a few hundred bucks. Just wondering if SQ has something similar?
Old May 2, 2020, 1:08 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by shadoworb
Sorry, do you mean generally no, as in there aren't upgrade offers? Or no, as in if there are offers, it's not fare class restricted? Or are the offers route/plane dependent? I did some digging here and on SQ's site, but can't seem to find anything concrete.

I'm fine with a PY seat (paying outright for a J seat isn't really worth it for me). But United often presents you with upgrade offers upon check in if there are empty seats up front. I've occasionally scored some upgrades to United Polaris on TPAC flights for a few hundred bucks. Just wondering if SQ has something similar?
Sorry if it sounds confusing. There aren't upgrade offers.
Old May 2, 2020, 2:34 am

There isn’t any cheap or special price upgrade offer. You can upgrade at airport but the price will be the actual price difference between the current ticket n new ticket class. So no special offer upgrade.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
Sorry if it sounds confusing. There aren't upgrade offers.
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
There isn’t any cheap or special price upgrade offer. You can upgrade at airport but the price will be the actual price difference between the current ticket n new ticket class. So no special offer upgrade.
Got it. Thanks for clarifying!
Old May 4, 2020, 6:21 pm

A friend is booked on SQ22, SIN-EWR, on June 20. I've heard that all US routes are axed in June except for LAX. However, his flight still shows intact on singaporeair.com. Is the June schedule not yet set in stone? Or is 7 weeks too far out to show as canceled?

EWR is his final destination. If SQ22 is canceled, I suppose they'll rebook him via LAX and connect to United to EWR? Or will they cancel the itinerary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.