Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by applejax
Thank you for your guidance! Yes its on one PNR. So even with the overnight layover I will check everything all the way to BKK? I think I might just ask to collect my baggage because sbs2716g posted the policy that clears up my concerns Thank you again for your help!
no need to collect luggage.
just be sure that luggage is check through to the final destination
applejax likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone know why NH (P) is showing as "First" on the SQ website? Bad fareclass mapping maybe?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
SQ charges usd40 for 1000 miles, so it's only really 'worth it' if you're short a couple thousand.
Thanks! Yup, I am now only short 3k miles but can get them from Amex at a cost of $25 for 1000 so will go that route. It will take a little more time to transfer them over is the only downside I can see.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
the answer is on SQ webpage. Silkair is included.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...gold/benefits/
That is valid only for Krisflyer Gold passengers. NOT for (non-SQ) Star Alliance Gold. Actual information is on https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ecked-baggage/:
"If you’re a PPS Club or KrisFlyer Elite Gold member, you’ll also enjoy additional checked baggage allowances on SilkAir."

However, in the OP's situation, if it's on a single booking, the Most Significant Carrier rule applies, and they will be granted additional baggage on the (less significant) Silk Air segment too.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 1:21 am

Thank you for your guidance! Yes its on one PNR. So even with the overnight layover I will check everything all the way to BKK? I think I might just ask to collect my baggage because sbs2716g posted the policy that clears up my concerns Thank you again for your help!
That policy does not apply to you, since you're not SQ*G. Make sure to check all your bags ALL THE WAY THROUGH, because enforcing Most Significant Carrier rule mid-itinerary might be an issue.
applejax likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by hdogan
That is valid only for Krisflyer Gold passengers. NOT for (non-SQ) Star Alliance Gold. Actual information is on https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ecked-baggage/:
"If you’re a PPS Club or KrisFlyer Elite Gold member, you’ll also enjoy additional checked baggage allowances on SilkAir."

However, in the OP's situation, if it's on a single booking, the Most Significant Carrier rule applies, and they will be granted additional baggage on the (less significant) Silk Air segment too.
so It seem like SQ should redesign the elite gold/star alliance page? The extra baggage section there is right under the star alliance gold.
applejax likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 5:39 am

so It seem like SQ should redesign the elite gold/star alliance page? The extra baggage section there is right under the star alliance gold.
The page URL literally includes "/krisflyer/krisflyer-elite-gold/benefits/" And the "Baggage Allowance" benefit section is just under "Star Alliance Gold Status" benefit section. Yes, it's misleading on first look, but the devil is in the details.
applejax likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 3:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Originally Posted by hdogan
The page URL literally includes "/krisflyer/krisflyer-elite-gold/benefits/" And the "Baggage Allowance" benefit section is just under "Star Alliance Gold Status" benefit section. Yes, it's misleading on first look, but the devil is in the details.
Thank you for your advice. I will check my bags all the way through. Quick question, if I pick up some things on my layover (I plan on picking up some items that would not be able to be carried on like lager sized cream/liquids) will I be able to check an additional bag in SIG? It will be a small carry on with a change of clothes and those extra items I pick up (I will still be under the total allotted total weight of 60kg) Like say I check in 50kg in Vietnam then I want to check in 8kg in SIN do you think this will pose a problem if I have my bags checked all the way through? I really appreciate everyones advice, you are all very helpful.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist , Bonvoy Titanium United Silver AA Platinum, AS Gold 75K
Hello again, I have another question If you have a long layover on SQ can you change the connecting flight to a later date and just pay $25 rather then the $100 layover fee? So just to give an example lets say you have a flight KUL-SIN-HKG Normally if you plan a stopover for a few days in SIN in advance SQ will charge $100.00 however I was thinking what if you flew the first leg KUL-SIN then once in SIN you called and asked to change the second leg to HKG out a week? Has anyone done this?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:39 am

Thank you for your advice. I will check my bags all the way through. Quick question, if I pick up some things on my layover (I plan on picking up some items that would not be able to be carried on like lager sized cream/liquids) will I be able to check an additional bag in SIG? It will be a small carry on with a change of clothes and those extra items I pick up (I will still be under the total allotted total weight of 60kg) Like say I check in 50kg in Vietnam then I want to check in 8kg in SIN do you think this will pose a problem if I have my bags checked all the way through? I really appreciate everyones advice, you are all very helpful.
you mean you are getting these items at the shops at Changi Airport? You are not going out of the airport right ? If you are getting these, they should be in a sealed carrier n you can hand carry them. I am not sure whether you can check in this at the gate though.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 5:41 am

Hello again, I have another question If you have a long layover on SQ can you change the connecting flight to a later date and just pay $25 rather then the $100 layover fee? So just to give an example lets say you have a flight KUL-SIN-HKG Normally if you plan a stopover for a few days in SIN in advance SQ will charge $100.00 however I was thinking what if you flew the first leg KUL-SIN then once in SIN you called and asked to change the second leg to HKG out a week? Has anyone done this?
dont think this is possible cos they will be issuing the boarding pass for both legs. Thus you will be check in. N thus unable to make any more changes. I don’t think they allow you to check in KUL-SIN only. But I maybe wrong.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I am trying to book ICN-SFO in F with Krisflyer with a stopover in SIN. Saver space is available, so I know I would have to pay $100. The only routing that's available is the SIN-SFO flight that stops in HKG, which is ICN-SIN-HKG-SFO. The website engine shows 107k for an ICN-SIN-HKG-SFO one-way, and the Krisflyer chart quotes a 107K price, but when I called into book, the agent told me it would be 200K, with or without a stopover. Which price is accurate?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by steveholt
I am trying to book ICN-SFO in F with Krisflyer with a stopover in SIN. Saver space is available, so I know I would have to pay $100. The only routing that's available is the SIN-SFO flight that stops in HKG, which is ICN-SIN-HKG-SFO. The website engine shows 107k for an ICN-SIN-HKG-SFO one-way, and the Krisflyer chart quotes a 107K price, but when I called into book, the agent told me it would be 200K, with or without a stopover. Which price is accurate?
it will be 2 awards (ICN to SIN n SIN-SFO). This will be backtracking which is not allowed.

KF chart only apply for direct routing (ie NRT to LAX).
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
it will be 2 awards (ICN to SIN n SIN-SFO). This will be backtracking which is not allowed.

I see. That's so odd, though - why does the mileage calculator for KF list the ICN to SFO fare at 107,000 miles when there is no direct ICN-SFO flight on SQ?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:31 am

How would that be backtracking, if HKG is a technical stop on SIN-SFO flight? It'd be (possibly) backtracking only if it's specifically booked as ICN-SIN; SIN-HKG; HKG-SFO, but in this case, pax has no control over SIN-SFO routing (whether it stops in HKG or not). Are you saying that on days SQ2 flies direct, it would not be backtracking, but on days when it stops in HKG, it would?

Also, for OP, SQ just stopped flying through HKG for a while, so your routing might change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.