General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:07 pm

I was trying to book a UA Saver redeye flight from LIH-SFO/LAX. UA site shows plenty of saver award availability, but Singapore doesn't show any as an option. Is it possible to book UA partner redeye flights on SQ?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Bump.

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Hi,
Newbie in this forum, so pls excuse if the query is basic.
Recently took some ULH SQ flights and have another one coming up which will get me some KF miles (~ 25k total). Planning to transfer some from my CC to enable redemption on the Central Asia to Europe (55k in Y) or North America to Europe (55k in Y). These routes are serviced thru *A partners mostly unless SQ wants to give a long long diversion thru SIN.

My questions after glancing thru KF site :
- How can I check flights availability for routes on above legs. I tried the online redemption tool, but as SQ does not service these city pairs, it does not give flight options. Edit - It gives some routings for North America to Europe but 0 routings from Central Asia to Europe (even though many *A carriers possible, and only shows all routings via SIN on SQ and also taking 90k miles and not 55k).
- Do we always need to call to book *A award flights?
- Seems SQ also charges YQ on award tickets , correct?

Basically, I was hoping to check flight routes & options KF proposes incl fees/taxes before taking a call if I should transfer the CC points to KF or something else. Miles requirement is pretty competitive just fyi.

Guidance appreciated.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Bump.
1. Try United website to search for awards (although beware sometimes airlines give different availability to different partners)
2. Probably a function of the KF site being buggy/not comprehensive. Try the call centre.
3. Yes, if you cannot find the itinerary you want online. Even if you do, it will also often throw up random errors which means you have to call to book anyway.
4. Yes, they charge whatever shows on ITA for the relevant route/class.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone know if it's possible to book one-way J awards on NH at all (obv. using SQ miles)?

Or more specifically, I'm looking to do something like SEA-SIN-SYD-NRT-SEA, one way on SQ, one way on NH. How does this price out?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Add-on *A Flight after Award Waitlist Confirmation

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find anything after doing a cursory search.

Is it possible to add a *A partner flight to an award reservation that has cleared a waitlist?

Here's an example: If SIN-FRA clears a J waitlist, can an intra-Europe LH flight be added to the reservation when ticketing (assuming there's availability on the LH flight)?
Old Dec 8, 2019, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Does anyone know if it's possible to book one-way J awards on NH at all (obv. using SQ miles)?

Or more specifically, I'm looking to do something like SEA-SIN-SYD-NRT-SEA, one way on SQ, one way on NH. How does this price out?
You need stopover at SIN n NRT?

SEA-SIN-SYD can be done on SQ. J saver at 121K miles.

There is no NH flight from SYD to NRT. So You might have to go via SQ (SYD to NRT n then NH to SEA) at 130K. But problem is whether there is award seat available for NH.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
You need stopover at SIN n NRT?

SEA-SIN-SYD can be done on SQ. J saver at 121K miles.

There is no NH flight from SYD to NRT. So You might have to go via SQ (SYD to NRT n then NH to SEA) at 130K. But problem is whether there is award seat available for NH.
... wow I feel silly now. No wonder I couldn't find any award space!

It does look like NH operates HND-SYD though (NH 879/880) -- is this bookable as one continuous itinerary through SQ or should I be looking to transfer miles to ANA Mileage Club?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Polytonic
... wow I feel silly now. No wonder I couldn't find any award space!

It does look like NH operates HND-SYD though (NH 879/880) -- is this bookable as one continuous itinerary through SQ or should I be looking to transfer miles to ANA Mileage Club?
Cant seem to find any NH J space between HND-SYD under SQ. I try few random dates. Only SQ award show up. Maybe you can call in n ask them to check. NH require to book round trip award only right ? And I cant seem to find the required miles between syd n Seattle. Seem need to have 2 separate award ?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Cant seem to find any NH J space between HND-SYD under SQ. I try few random dates. Only SQ award show up. Maybe you can call in n ask them to check. NH require to book round trip award only right ? And I cant seem to find the required miles between syd n Seattle. Seem need to have 2 separate award ?
I was only able to find waitlisted space on NH's site, mostly just checking if space was even available, as you note that NH only allows RT bookings. I can't get any NH segments to pull up on SQ website, so I'm guessing that's a bust.

Under NH, I suspect it would price out SEA-TYO and TYO-SYD separately anyway, since the chart is distance based (?). I'm starting to think I need to look outside *A for all-aisle-access lie-flat to Australia. As I understand it, my only options are SQ/NH/BR (OZ?).
Old Dec 10, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hilton
I was able to get SIN-FRA-JFK suites on waitlist along with the same flight confirmed for business class. Its not ticketed and says my ticket issuance time limit is good through next August. Does that mean if my waitlist never clears by that date I need to call back Before the date and get my business ticketed so I dont lose my reservation?

I was on the second the booking opened but still no instant saver suites. Do they not open any savers at all anymore?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EclipzoR
I was able to get SIN-FRA-JFK suites on waitlist along with the same flight confirmed for business class. Its not ticketed and says my ticket issuance time limit is good through next August. Does that mean if my waitlist never clears by that date I need to call back Before the date and get my business ticketed so I dont lose my reservation?

I was on the second the booking opened but still no instant saver suites. Do they not open any savers at all anymore?
I was in exactly the same situation, they don't seem to open savers. My ticket did not show as ticketed, but flights are shown as "confirmed", so I'm guessing everything is okay. Unfortunately, my WL didn't clear either
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton
Originally Posted by hdogan
I was in exactly the same situation, they don't seem to open savers. My ticket did not show as ticketed, but flights are shown as "confirmed", so I'm guessing everything is okay. Unfortunately, my WL didn't clear either

sad day. I had been looking for months and pretty much every week the saver suites would open for instant book Monday flights but the last couple weeks its been straight waitlist. Havent been able to figure out why. At least I have Biz booked going and coming home. Really wanted to try the suites out though
Old Dec 11, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by EclipzoR
sad day. I had been looking for months and pretty much every week the saver suites would open for instant book Monday flights but the last couple weeks its been straight waitlist. Havent been able to figure out why. At least I have Biz booked going and coming home. Really wanted to try the suites out though
I am in nearly the same exact boat as you, except I am looking to travel in January. In my monitoring it showed suites availability mon-wed for all of September and October but starting in November suites were no longer available on saver rates. My hope is that the airline eliminated saver booking for the holiday period and they will be back after the New Year, but who knows! It is also possible that this change may be related to the rumored removal of the A380 from the JFK route.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:34 pm

Hello, thank you for your help.

I will be flying from XIY-PVG-SIN.

XIY-PVG is operated by Air China, booked through United Airlines
PVG-SIN is operated by Singapore Airlines, booked through Singapore Airlines.

Will I be able to interline my luggage upon check in at XIY through to my final destination? Air China is a codeshare partner of Singapore Airlines, but the flights are ticketed separately.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:06 pm

Is the wifi on SQ12 and 11 the original very expensive version?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.