Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Red259
What routings can I get with SQ Suites out of NYC? Is it mainly just JFK-SIN via FRA? Are there any other options for Asia?
You can do JFK-FRA-SIN-XXX routing, ex. BKK, MNL, HKG, DPS, etc.

- For revenue bookings, prices will differ but not by much
- For award bookings, some destinations will fall under backtracking like Maldives
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
If I have a SIN-LAX award in F am I able to add on a domestic to JFK in this? Would I have to pay the extra miles for a domestic sector or is that included?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
If I have a SIN-LAX award in F am I able to add on a domestic to JFK in this? Would I have to pay the extra miles for a domestic sector or is that included?
This would mean making it a *A award (since there is no SQ metal flight from LAX - JFK without going around the world the other way) and if you plan on doing this as a stop-over you are only allowed to do so on round-trip awards for *A redemption. If you just want to change it to SIN-LAX-JFK without a stop-over you will need to pay the service change fees and it is subject to availability but the number of miles should be the same since it's in the same zone.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
This would mean making it a *A award (since there is no SQ metal flight from LAX - JFK without going around the world the other way) and if you plan on doing this as a stop-over you are only allowed to do so on round-trip awards for *A redemption. If you just want to change it to SIN-LAX-JFK without a stop-over you will need to pay the service change fees and it is subject to availability but the number of miles should be the same since it's in the same zone.
Thanks.

Am I allowed to add a stop over in FRA on a SIN-JFK award flight?

Last edited by onlysuites; Mar 12, 2018 at 4:07 am
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Thanks.

Am I allowed to add a stop over in FRA on a SIN-JFK award flight?
Yes, for a one-way saver award there is a US$100 fee to add a stopover. There needs to be availability for both SIN - FRA and the FRA - JFK segments on the dates you want to take them. You will need to book this over the phone.
onlysuites likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:59 am

Booking United Flights through KrisFlyer Miles

Hi Everyone,

My first post: I am trying to book a ticket from Boston to Hawaii using KrisFlyer miles. I searched the United website and found saver-level tickets available on July 13th. (I made sure I was NOT logged in). However, when I called KrisFlyer to book that one-way ticket for 17.5k, they show no availability.

I also checked Aeroplan's website, and they are showing the same United flights available for 22.5.

Any ideas why Singapore cannot see that availability, when Air Canada and United can? Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD
Just wondering if SQ637 will have caviar for lunch. Departure out of Narita is at 1110-1720
Old Mar 14, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Just booked tickets for SQ852/SQ853. Is food (dinner) usually served for this route? What to expect at CAN, immigration and customs? Are taxis readily available at this time (expecting to be clear immigrations and customs at 1am)?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
I booked saver suites JFK-SIN many moons ago - and now want to add a leg on (SIN-TPE, no stopover - just a four hour layover). There's saver award space on SIN-TPE - but does anyone know if I can add it onto my existing reservation for the extra 15K miles per person rather than the 27.5k for a separate one-way?

I had a rep put them on hold as a separate one-way - but didn't want to add them to the existing reservation. Obviously, I'd love to save the 25k miles if I can, but I also don't want to do something that would jack up my JFK-SIN flights which are certainly no longer available. Thoughts or advice?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I have JFK-SIN waitlisted for a several dates in late April and early May for Suites saver. Nothing has cleared. I'm coming up on the point where it will be one month away soon. are any of these likely to clear or are the chances that if they haven't cleared already its highly unlikely? I understand sometimes things clear last minute but I'm just trying to gauge how much of a chance I have at this point.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:12 pm

Getting ready to pull the trigger on 2 tix in F on SQ7 (LAX-ICN-SIN) in Feb 2019. I've heard this route has a good chance of being converted to the A350 route which is nonstop from LA-SIN. If I book in F and this does turn out to be that route, would they bump me down to J, or would they move me to one of the LAX-NRT-SIN routes in F instead? I know Singapore J and F are both phenomenal, but this is for our honeymoon, so I'd really like to stay in F.

Should I just waitlist for one of the other routes and book the SQ7? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Zanis520
Getting ready to pull the trigger on 2 tix in F on SQ7 (LAX-ICN-SIN) in Feb 2019. I've heard this route has a good chance of being converted to the A350 route which is nonstop from LA-SIN. If I book in F and this does turn out to be that route, would they bump me down to J, or would they move me to one of the LAX-NRT-SIN routes in F instead? I know Singapore J and F are both phenomenal, but this is for our honeymoon, so I'd really like to stay in F.

Should I just waitlist for one of the other routes and book the SQ7? Any help would be appreciated.
I would guess they'll work with you to find a suitable alternative and waive change fees associated. But unless if the timing is an issue, I'd go with SQ7 as that seems less likely at this point to change.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by kpottermn
I would guess they'll work with you to find a suitable alternative and waive change fees associated. But unless if the timing is an issue, I'd go with SQ7 as that seems less likely at this point to change.
Thanks. I called twice, and both reps basically couldn't give me a definitive answer. Basically sounded like, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Timing isn't an issue, but why do you say SQ7 is less likely to change? I know it's all hearsay, but everything on this forum seems to point to SQ7 being changed to the non-stop LAX-SIN route on the A350, which doesn't have First class.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Zanis520
Thanks. I called twice, and both reps basically couldn't give me a definitive answer. Basically sounded like, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Timing isn't an issue, but why do you say SQ7 is less likely to change? I know it's all hearsay, but everything on this forum seems to point to SQ7 being changed to the non-stop LAX-SIN route on the A350, which doesn't have First class.
My apologies, I meant SQ11. All uncertain but SQ has put more emphasis on the NRT route than ICN, so if you want certainty, I'd say SQ11 is the safer bet at this point.

These new route announcements are a big deal for SQ (and all airlines) so reps aren't going to fess up, even when the lack of clarity is putting customers in a bind!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by kpottermn
My apologies, I meant SQ11. All uncertain but SQ has put more emphasis on the NRT route than ICN, so if you want certainty, I'd say SQ11 is the safer bet at this point.

These new route announcements are a big deal for SQ (and all airlines) so reps aren't going to fess up, even when the lack of clarity is putting customers in a bind!
Ah, got it. Yea, unfortunately, there's zero availability on any of the flights going through Japan for my time frame (+/- 3 weeks). I just waitlisted us on 6 other flights and then bit the bullet on SQ7. Fingers crossed we get some good news. FWIW, I'd still be perfectly fine with the flight as-is, going through ICN. I just don't want to get bumped to biz on the A350.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.