Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
It is not married, How could it be a married segment issue? It is more like not allow to marry because it is obvious against general rule of particular carrier.
It's simply SQ not wanting to give availability from AAA to CCC via BBB - happens every day when redeeming on completely vanilla routes like no availability on BKK-SIN-LHR even though BKK-SIN and SIN-LHR are independently available.

Last edited by stargold; Oct 17, 2019 at 8:49 am
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Alaska
Just priced out another crazy ticket with AS, something like SQ.

yah. AS fixed nothing.

LOL.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by stargold
It's simply SQ not wanting to give availability from AAA to CCC via BBB - happens every day when redeeming on completely vanilla routes like no availability on BKK-SIN-LHR even though BKK-SIN and SIN-LHR are independently available.
This is backtracking so SQ blocks it. If you use other FF program or KrisFlyer *A, it will give you BKK-SIN on TG and SIN-LHR on SQ.

you just prove that SQ blocks it so no one can price such ticket.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
This is backtracking so SQ blocks it. If you use other FF program or KrisFlyer *A, it will give you BKK-SIN on TG and SIN-LHR on SQ.

you just prove that SQ blocks it so no one can price such ticket.
SQ website quite happy to offer BKK-SIN-LHR for redemption on SQ-SQ.

What's your excuse now?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:14 pm

SQ website quite happy to offer BKK-SIN-LHR for redemption on SQ-SQ.

What's your excuse now?

whatever. I am not going any further.

AS has so many loopholes. I don’t care whether it is AS or SQ blocking redemption. What matters is I continue to enjoy AS MP redemption and you can continue to be bitter.

And there are more KrisFlyer redemption outside KrisFlyer giving unbelievable values. And SQ is never going to find out. LOL. KrisFlyer members can continue to ......

Last edited by freed0m; Oct 17, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:17 am

I have no idea why you think I am bitter. All I was trying to do was to correct your false information.

You can do your funky maximiser routings via other FFPs all day long - I fly enough every year as it is, and have neither the time nor inclination to follow your hobby.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:18 am

I have no idea why you think I am bitter. All I was trying to do was to correct your false information.

You can do your funky maximiser routings via other FFPs all day long - I fly enough every year as it is, and have neither the time nor inclination to follow your hobby.
I will not reveal what is AAA or BBB or CCC. You can make all guess you want. But definitely it is not BKK-SIN-LHR.

I have better thing to do than arguing on the Internet.

I keep seeing my theory working in all the loopholes. If it is pure coincidence, so be it.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:10 am

Are there any guesses as to which routes will be the last ones for the A330?

I'm looking at doing HAN-SIN next September on an award booking. Currently this route shows an A330 but I also see at the end of March they'll be down to just 8 A330s and I'd assume that trend would continue.

If it's going to be the A330 I may just book Vietnam Air and save some cash, but I'd also like to fly Singapore Air J for once in my life.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by sethMCOflyer
Are there any guesses as to which routes will be the last ones for the A330?

I'm looking at doing HAN-SIN next September on an award booking. Currently this route shows an A330 but I also see at the end of March they'll be down to just 8 A330s and I'd assume that trend would continue.

If it's going to be the A330 I may just book Vietnam Air and save some cash, but I'd also like to fly Singapore Air J for once in my life.
I don't know about HAN but my guess for the last route is SUB.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I have a couple of Thai airways flights redeemed through Krisflyer. Thai Airways has come out and said they are in serious financial trouble. If thai airways folds do I get my miles back?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by jinrop
I have a couple of Thai airways flights redeemed through Krisflyer. Thai Airways has come out and said they are in serious financial trouble. If thai airways folds do I get my miles back?
Yes. You will either receive a refund of your miles or SQ may find you alternative flights.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gpeso8
Yes. You will either receive a refund of your miles or SQ may find you alternative flights.
It's chiang mai to SGN via BKK. There isnt another star alliance option, although I guess if thai airways went bankrupt SQ might fly into CNX
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by jinrop
It's chiang mai to SGN via BKK. There isnt another star alliance option, although I guess if thai airways went bankrupt SQ might fly into CNX
I wouldn't worry, they will refund your miles.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:34 am

Hi,

I posted this in the BTC thread but got no answer, could anybody give me some quick recommendations, please?
That would be kind of you (know that nobody has much time to answer, but would appreciate it)...

Can't decide between the following ex-SIN BTC lunch offerings. Love flavorful asian spiced (and spicy) dishes.

- Bak Chor Mee Dry Style
- Beef Rendang
- Indian Style Braised Lamb Shank
- Nonya Nasi Padang

(Business class BTC)

What can you recommend?

Also: do you still get the satays as an appetizer or do they need to be ordered under as main (BTC).

Thanks for helping out
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by cruiseseason
Hi,

I posted this in the BTC thread but got no answer, could anybody give me some quick recommendations, please?
That would be kind of you (know that nobody has much time to answer, but would appreciate it)...

Can't decide between the following ex-SIN BTC lunch offerings. Love flavorful asian spiced (and spicy) dishes.

- Bak Chor Mee Dry Style
- Beef Rendang
- Indian Style Braised Lamb Shank
- Nonya Nasi Padang

(Business class BTC)

What can you recommend?

Also: do you still get the satays as an appetizer or do they need to be ordered under as main (BTC).

Thanks for helping out
satay as appetiser is not served on all routes.

I can’t speak for the dishes you’re keen to have but heard good stuff on the Rendang. Personally my own favourite is the seared nut fillet.

enjoy the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.