Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
Originally Posted by Mlee888
One thing to add. Narita is really far from Tokyo central and can take up to 90 mins to 2 hours to reach.

I use SQ11 and 12 round trip around 3x a year but that’s because I like the break in NRT to walk around for an hour before reaching final destination.
Sure there are cheaper options that take longer, but NEX takes 1hr and for a few yen less, the Skyliner takes about the same to Tokyo station w/ 1 transfer. For nearly direct service, good amount of space for luggage and seating, not having to rent a car (!!), not having to pay $$$ for a taxi, and not having to stop at ~20 stops, both are my preferred options.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mlee888

One thing to add. Narita is really far from Tokyo central and can take up to 90 mins to 2 hours to reach.

I use SQ11 and 12 round trip around 3x a year but that’s because I like the break in NRT to walk around for an hour before reaching final destination.

Agreed, but there is not much choices for my flights, either I fly into NRT or take an additional US domestic flight to get to fly into HND (not to mention if taking SQ, that would be the additional US domestic flight plus fly into NRT). Might as well take the non-SQ (ie UA or ANA) flight to NRT and use ground transport. Then I'll fly back to SIN via HND.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by fone
Agreed, but there is not much choices for my flights, either I fly into NRT or take an additional US domestic flight to get to fly into HND (not to mention if taking SQ, that would be the additional US domestic flight plus fly into NRT). Might as well take the non-SQ (ie UA or ANA) flight to NRT and use ground transport. Then I'll fly back to SIN via HND.
Yep, whenever I’m on West Coast for a business trip and need to get to Tokyo afterwards, I always go UA from SFO.

Easy for me to align my trips though compared to what it might be for you.

So unless I’m stopping in Tokyo for work, I use NRT otherwise HND.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 764toHI
I'm booked in J on SQ25 SIN-FRA-JFK - will it be a YMMV situation is to whether SQ will allow me to switch to SQ22 for no additional charge at check-in upon arrival to SIN? Really just want to fly SQ22 for the novelty of it.
Do report back on your experience...this is a very fascinating question.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:57 am

We cant do one way Saver awards with a stopover?
Trying to price out a one way award with a stopover but the website doesnt let me, says "No stopover available for one way awards"

Do I have to call SQ to book this?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
Trying to price out a one way award with a stopover but the website doesnt let me, says "No stopover available for one way awards"

Thanks!
Yes
HawaiiO likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HawaiiO

Thanks!
yes call in and you have to pay a fee like $100.
Old May 5, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
How does the firend redemption work.Can you transfer the miles to their account or do you have to make the booking for them thanks
Old May 6, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by wtcmor
How does the friend redemption work.Can you transfer the miles to their account or do you have to make the booking for them thanks
You need to add their name and some basic details as a 'redemption nominee'
Then you make the booking in their name.
Note that you can only have 5 redemption nominees at any one time, and changing nominees incurs a fee of up to usd30.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:07 am

Backtracking FRA-DEL/BOM via SIN

Does Krisflyer award ticket allow backtracking from FRA to DEL/BOM on Singapore airlines ? Thanks!
Old May 9, 2019, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wonderer9089
Does Krisflyer award ticket allow backtracking from FRA to DEL/BOM on Singapore airlines ? Thanks!
Nope.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:28 pm

Hi I'm flying on the A380-800 SQ25/26 (JFK-FRA/FRA-JFK) in business class next month. Does anyone know if i'm able to plug in my Bose QC 35 II (standard 3.5mm jack) or do I need an adapter? Thanks!
Old May 9, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by bochtoyota
Hi I'm flying on the A380-800 SQ25/26 (JFK-FRA/FRA-JFK) in business class next month. Does anyone know if i'm able to plug in my Bose QC 35 II (standard 3.5mm jack) or do I need an adapter? Thanks!
SQ still uses the 2 pin plug for headphones (or 3 pin with the power cable), so you'd need an adapter. I've had issues with the adapters, sometimes needing special adjusting (or it could have been issue with my cheap earphones).
Old May 10, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by fone
SQ still uses the 2 pin plug for headphones (or 3 pin with the power cable), so you'd need an adapter. I've had issues with the adapters, sometimes needing special adjusting (or it could have been issue with my cheap earphones).
Crap. You think the flight attendants could supply an adapter? Or should I buy one ahead of time?
Old May 11, 2019, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by bochtoyota
Crap. You think the flight attendants could supply an adapter? Or should I buy one ahead of time?
There should have been an inflight adapter in your QC35 box - it is a 3.5mm plug attachment, with a second 3.5mm plug which folds out.

This has always worked fine for me on the SQ flights.
w4rd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.