Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:19 am

Is there anything I can do about trying to book earlier award seats without waiting for the end of the trip? For example, if you wanted a trip in Feb 1-15, 2020 you would need to wait until Feb 25th to book as the schedule only goes ~355 days out? The reason is that the risk that the flight on Feb 1 would run out of award space. I would just do 2x one way but we need the RT award for the stopover at the Saver level or maybe it's just worth paying the 100 stopover fee.

Last edited by opiuman; Jan 2, 2019 at 5:55 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by opiuman
Is there anything I can do about trying to book earlier award seats without waiting for the end of the trip? For example, if you wanted a trip in Feb 1-15, 2020 you would need to wait until Feb 25th to book as the schedule only goes ~355 days out? The reason is that the risk that the flight on Feb 1 would run out of award space. I would just do 2x one way but we need the RT award for the stopover at the Saver level or maybe it's just worth paying the 100 stopover fee.
think u can book separately n call to ask them to combine the PNR.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:33 am

You can call them, tell them your reason, ask them to confirm the flight for you, without ticketing yet. Then when your return flight opens up, you can then call them to add in the return flight with the stopover etc. I just did this with a roundtrip SIN to Japan with a stopover in Japan. This includes 2 SQ flights to Japan and a domestic flight. The domestic flight has not been added as ANA only opens up the domestic flight redemption about 3 months ahead, for me to call in and add it later.

Only expense here is your time to call them, no additional $100 fee for stopover. Mine was done through India Call Center, no other fees.

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

think u can book separately n call to ask them to combine the PNR.

Not sure if you can combine PNR that are ticketed.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by fone
You can call them, tell them your reason, ask them to confirm the flight for you, without ticketing yet. Then when your return flight opens up, you can then call them to add in the return flight with the stopover etc. I just did this with a roundtrip SIN to Japan with a stopover in Japan. This includes 2 SQ flights to Japan and a domestic flight. The domestic flight has not been added as ANA only opens up the domestic flight redemption about 3 months ahead, for me to call in and add it later.

Only expense here is your time to call them, no additional $100 fee for stopover. Mine was done through India Call Center, no other fees.Not sure if you can combine PNR that are ticketed.
The award chart changes affect my desired itinerary anyway after today's news. I'm looking to book for Jan 4 to 23 which complicates it even further since the first part could be with current award rates but the second part must be under the new rates...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:40 am

The award chart changes affect my desired itinerary anyway after today's news. I'm looking to book for Jan 4 to 23 which complicates it even further since the first part could be with current award rates but the second part must be under the new rates...
Then it would be $100 for the stopover or the extra miles, whichever you deem is "cheaper".
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I made two business class bookings with SQ and provided my United MileagePlus number. However, I decided to switch that to Alaska Airlines. For one booking I made the change in the app. The other shows my United number but it's grayed out and I can't edit it. Is there another way to do this? Or will I need to call in?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You can’t change it online. Easiest to do it during check-in. Not sure calling in will help.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You can’t change it online. Easiest to do it during check-in. Not sure calling in will help.
Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:36 pm

General question related to Scoot and SQ... If they are on different PNRs I will have to leave transit at SIN, get my bags and come back. I've seen a few articles and posts online stating that if somehow I could get them all on the same reservation the bags would obviously be checked to the final destination. SQ and TR have an interline agreement but there's no way I can find to even book this all together online at least. I can't see Scoot flights even next month on the SQ website or vice versa. Is it even possible?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Anyone else having problem searching award space on the website. I can't get it to load up.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:32 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
General question related to Scoot and SQ... If they are on different PNRs I will have to leave transit at SIN, get my bags and come back. I've seen a few articles and posts online stating that if somehow I could get them all on the same reservation the bags would obviously be checked to the final destination. SQ and TR have an interline agreement but there's no way I can find to even book this all together online at least. I can't see Scoot flights even next month on the SQ website or vice versa. Is it even possible?
It is possible on very specific routes where SQ or MI does not operate. What is the routing you are looking at? Sometimes it’s easier to call in and check.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:20 pm

LAX-NRT-SIN for the overall trip but after arriving in SIN, I wanted to go to MLE and back before coming back to LAX. SQ operates all those legs but I wanted TR for SIN-MLE part to save some money.

LAX-NRT-SIN-MLE(TR)-SIN(TR)-NRT-LAX
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:59 am

You will have to get that on seprate tickets.

For example: LAX (SQ) - SIN (TR) - KBV is a valid routing using TR.
opiuman likes this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 4, 2019 at 1:05 am
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I currently have an award ticketed for SIN-FRA-JFK in suites.I see availability in F for SYD-SIN that would line up with my flights. Is there any way to add the SYD-SIN segment on to the award and pay a total of 152k miles? Otherwise the SYD-SIN segment will cost me 80K on top of what I have already paid if I want to do it in F. I'm pretty sure the answer is it can't be done without significant risk.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Oneworld Emerald
I've booked my first ever SQ trip this week for next November, getting ARN-MEL & SYD - ARN for Ł2197 in J. Previously my only experiences have been with BA, AA, VS & QR and being a purely leisure traveler decided to start exploring further afield as say farewell to Oneworld Emerald.

I wanted to check, that being new to SQ, I've covered all the bases currently open to me:
SK403 (SQ2721) ARN - CPH - nothing to mention on this codeshare leg, other than it appears impossible to choose seats?.
SQ 351 CPH - SIN. 77W. Have chosen 14A in the front mini cabin, and understand Book The Cook won't be available from CPH.
SQ 217 SIN - MEL A388 - the version with economy at the rear of Upper Deck so have chosen 15A in the front cabin which is showing as pretty full already. Book The Cook should be available closer to departure.
SQ 222 SYD - SIN A388 - Business class thoughout the whole upper deck. Have chosen 96K here - again, I blelieve Book the Cook will be available.
SQ 362 SIN-DME-ARN A359. Have chosen 12K. Being a post midnight departure, will it count as a sleeper menu? If so I presume Book the Cook will only be available for one of the meals.

I've also read that interlining to my BA Avios flight ARN-LHR may also be possible which coming from a BA flyer is a very suprising development!

Is there any other things I need to be aware of / prepare for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.