General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Hello! I am currently flying JFK-FRA in early summer with my wife confirmed in J and one of us is waitlisted for Suites class. I booked this ticket a couple months ago when it first became available to book. Our original departure airport is BHM and our final destination is FCO and I originally thought about just booking subsequent flights on different PNR's, but am worried about IRROPS and not being protected. How possible is it for me to add segments to my existing PNR or what would the process/price be?

In summary we are looking to do something similar to: BHM-ORD-LGA/EWR-taxi to JFK-FRA-FCO

Is it possible to even ticket that entirely on one PNR?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by bluegreentravel
Would appreciate some help - not sure if this has been asked in the other threads...

Booked in economy (full-fare Y), and looking to upgrade by miles. However, since it's booked by a travel agent, I can't seem to upgrade it online - it keeps prompting an error. Can the SQ desks in Changi process the miles upgrade a couple of hours before the flight?

Thanks in advance!
suggest you call Krisflyer hotline n ask n check availability. I think the check in desk/airport can only proceed cash upgrades (I might be wrong).
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:52 am

I booked a PE flexi ticket (T) class on SQ 22 and upgraded it with miles. Due to asking for an award hold during the process of transferring miles, the segment got split into a separate reservation and put into (I) class.

I'd like to credit this to another carrier (e.g. AS). How can I make sure I get credited for the original booking class on this segment? Right now it looks like an award ticket, even though I booked a paid fare and then upgraded.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Quick question for those in the know: are SQ currently operating any short-haul Asian routes with F class?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Quick question for those in the know: are SQ currently operating any short-haul Asian routes with F class?

Thanks in advance.
CGK
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: SQ & QF

Thanks in advance.
BWN, HKG & MNL as well as the above.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Quick question for those in the know: are SQ currently operating any short-haul Asian routes with F class
HKG would be the most obvious suspect, has F seats and even new suites, and the ~3.5hr flight time is sort of just enough to get a meal, like down a bit, maybe take a short nap.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:33 pm

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Before Singapore Air would let you have an extra leg for basically the same price. For example

Business SIN to LAX is 82k miles but you could book HKG to SIN to LAX for 82k miles as well.

When looking for a redemption on their systems, it still shows 88k miles but when you click on a flight it jumps up to a higher price, in this case 115,000 miles.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:58 pm

The lower price shown on the availability screen only applies to non-stops flights between Asia and the US. When you pass SIN, it will price as a combination of two separate legs.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
The lower price shown on the availability screen only applies to non-stops flights between Asia and the US. When you pass SIN, it will price as a combination of two separate legs.
I'm a tad confused. I just booked a flight a few weeks ago LAX to SIN to SGN which is the same cost as LAX to SIN.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1.75 MM
Is the 777-300ER on LAX-NRT, SQ11, the new business class seat or the older version?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
I'm a tad confused. I just booked a flight a few weeks ago LAX to SIN to SGN which is the same cost as LAX to SIN.
You cannot go from LAX to SGN on SQ without transiting in SIN, so the award chart reflects this fact and allows you to transit at SIN.

Europe-US and North Asia-US flights are an exception, because they do have non-stop flights from Europe and North Asia to the US. The relatively low price shown on the award chart is therefore only applicable when choosing the non-stop flights, not via SIN; they do not intend that you go via SIN at those prices.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by MysteryTour
Is the 777-300ER on LAX-NRT, SQ11, the new business class seat or the older version?
The newest new is on the A380. The 777 is still relatively new and it's not the old orange ones.

Originally Posted by stargold
You cannot go from LAX to SGN on SQ without transiting in SIN, so the award chart reflects this fact and allows you to transit at SIN.

Europe-US and North Asia-US flights are an exception, because they do have non-stop flights from Europe and North Asia to the US. The relatively low price shown on the award chart is therefore only applicable when choosing the non-stop flights, not via SIN; they do not intend that you go via SIN at those prices.
Thanks for the explanation, that makes more sense!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
Are KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes refreshed monthly? I'm looking for an October announcement for point savings. Is there a date this is typically released?

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg...omo/kfescapes/

Last edited by edsh; Oct 3, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by edsh
Are KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes refreshed monthly? I'm looking for an October announcement for point savings. Is there a date this is typically released?

KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes
usually mid of the month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.