Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General SQ Questions 2009-2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:26 pm

Hear that shuigao? You've accidentally been flow to Munich. Enjoy!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by Phaze
Hear that shuigao? You've accidentally been flow to Munich. Enjoy!
Sorry, I did read it wrong. But there is no need to be rude!
wolf72 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by pdw101
I am flying F NRT - SIN on the Boeing 777-300ER. I was wondering whether I will have the new product or the old? The current seat map shows 8 seats in F. Does this mean that it will most likely be the 2006 product? I heard rumors that all planes were being upgraded to the 2013 product?
I believe that of the 9 planes with 8F, five have been upgraded and four still to go.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:29 pm

Private Room access SIN

Hi all,

I am traveling JFK > SIN for my honeymoon next month and then continuing on from SIN > USM after a 4 hour layover or so.

They are actually two separate bookings, but the JFK > SIN leg is in Suites and the SIN > USM leg is in J. I've emailed customer service and they're telling me I will not have access to the Private Room during or layover in SIN. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like we may be in a grey area as the connection is on a separate itinerary. I'd love confirmation in writing as I'm sure my (soon to be wife) would not be thrilled if I decided to argue (politely) with lounge attendants. Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cory Jez
Hi all,

I am traveling JFK > SIN for my honeymoon next month and then continuing on from SIN > USM after a 4 hour layover or so.

They are actually two separate bookings, but the JFK > SIN leg is in Suites and the SIN > USM leg is in J. I've emailed customer service and they're telling me I will not have access to the Private Room during or layover in SIN. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like we may be in a grey area as the connection is on a separate itinerary. I'd love confirmation in writing as I'm sure my (soon to be wife) would not be thrilled if I decided to argue (politely) with lounge attendants. Thanks.
There's a whole thread on this topic here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...access-16.html

Is the flight to USM on Silk Air?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Hi all,

I am planning on booking a PE ticket from MAN to IAH next summer, and am hoping to upgrade to business class with miles.

I am also hoping to accrue miles with Alaska Airlines from the flight. I know Alaska is a new partner so there won't be any data points yet on this. However, my experience with AS is that I will have to submit the boarding pass after the flight to receive partner credit.

Does anyone know if the original booking class shows prominently on the boarding pass when upgrading with miles?

thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Bretmd
Does anyone know if the original booking class shows prominently on the boarding pass when upgrading with miles?

thanks!
Your e-ticket printout (which you typically also need to submit) will show the booking classes.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:04 am

Is the flight to USM on Silk Air?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll checkout the thread, yes the connection is on silkair.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by FN-GM
This route uses the A350 and they have the new seats.
Originally Posted by Phaze
Nope. 300ER.
Originally Posted by FN-GM
It was, now it is the A350 (apart form operation reasons)
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sq327
It was SQ237, and yeah we got one of the -300'ER's with the new seats.

My parents were in F with 1 other pax - so 3 total in the 8 seat cabin. They thought the seats were really stylish and liked that the FAs made up the 'front row' as beds (so they could switch from bed to seat at will without needing to wait for an FA to do the conversion), but they thought that the service was "too much."

For my wife and I in Economy, well ... economy is economy. new seats don't feel any more (or less) comfortable than the old ones, but the usb port and bigger/better krisworld screen are great. My wife's two different middle seats (for both the going and returning leg) recline button was broken, though, so perhaps some durability issues there.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Originally Posted by shuigao
It was SQ237, and yeah we got one of the -300'ER's with the new seats.

My parents were in F with 1 other pax - so 3 total in the 8 seat cabin. They thought the seats were really stylish and liked that the FAs made up the 'front row' as beds (so they could switch from bed to seat at will without needing to wait for an FA to do the conversion), but they thought that the service was "too much."

For my wife and I in Economy, well ... economy is economy. new seats don't feel any more (or less) comfortable than the old ones, but the usb port and bigger/better krisworld screen are great. My wife's two different middle seats (for both the going and returning leg) recline button was broken, though, so perhaps some durability issues there.
Sorry about that, I read it as 327 not 237. Apologies.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, AA
Can Singapore charge YQ on a united award ticket? I was just charged and was told that because I was using Krisflyer points United told them to charge me YQ. Is this correct?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kugkai8
Can Singapore charge YQ on a united award ticket? I was just charged and was told that because I was using Krisflyer points United told them to charge me YQ. Is this correct?
Yes, SQ charges whatever YQ which UA charges on a paid ticket.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, AA
Okay, thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:54 pm

HI experts,
if i book basic economy flying United, can i still credit 100% of the miles to SQ? thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:12 pm

No. United Basic Economy is an N fare. N fares do not earn anything on SQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.