Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Through baggage check in question (all SQ flights)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Hello chaps,

I am flying BOM-SIN-BKK-SIN-BOM in SQ economy. I have already flown the BOM-SIN sector and will fly the SIN-BKK sector this week.

I was wondering, can I check in my luggage from BKK directly to BOM (Mumbai) and then take a stopover in Singapore?

I am not concerned with the stopover fees, and my ticket allows a stopover, but I do not know how long I can have a stopover, without having to collect my luggage and re check it into Singapore.

I tried calling customer service this morning, but they connect me to a call center with long holds and less than knowledgeable staff....any alternatives to this?

Thank you chaps!
Andrew
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: KF
Originally Posted by andymillichamp
Hello chaps,

I am flying BOM-SIN-BKK-SIN-BOM in SQ economy. I have already flown the BOM-SIN sector and will fly the SIN-BKK sector this week.

I was wondering, can I check in my luggage from BKK directly to BOM (Mumbai) and then take a stopover in Singapore?

I am not concerned with the stopover fees, and my ticket allows a stopover, but I do not know how long I can have a stopover, without having to collect my luggage and re check it into Singapore.

I tried calling customer service this morning, but they connect me to a call center with long holds and less than knowledgeable staff....any alternatives to this?

Thank you chaps!
Andrew
How long are you planning to do a stopover in SIN for ur BKK-BOM sector? A stopover is more than 24 hours stay, less than that, is called transit. The check in at BKK can gladly check through your luggage all the way to BOM if your just transiting in SIN .
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:28 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
You should theoretically as long as the stopover is for less than 48 hours because SIN accepts bags from 48 hours prior to departure for flights
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by aviationp
You should theoretically as long as the stopover is for less than 48 hours because SIN accepts bags from 48 hours prior to departure for flights
No, bags may connect thru at SIN within 23 hours. Anything longer and your bag must be collected as your ticket shows you as stopping over. You may as above mentioned to collect your bag first and then recheck it in at SIN if you are departing within 48 hours.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I would imagine you can use the transit desk air side to send the bags to the next destination provided it's under 48 hours( for SQ). You do not have to retrieve the bags. The bags will auto-magically be identified and re-tagged.

This is possible because

1. the arriving and departing airlines have interline agreement - well it's the same airline
2. check-in for departing flight is open at the time (but, say if you are connecting to UA, then tough luck)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.