SilverKris Lounge at Heathrow Access

Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

SilverKris Lounge at Heathrow Access

If I am flying business class on NZ (LHR-HKG) Don't I have access to any Star Alliance lounge? Thats what my understand of the rules is and how far is it from the NZ gate at LHR to the SKL at Heathrow. Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
NZ depart from T1, and SQ depart from T3. You can only enter the airside area (where the lounges are) of the terminal from which you are departing (ie. T1 in your instance).

In T1, there is one shared Star Alliance lounge, which has separate Business Class and First Class lounges within it. Flying NZ J will permit you access to the Business Class lounge.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
NZ depart from T1, and SQ depart from T3. You can only enter the airside area (where the lounges are) of the terminal from which you are departing (ie. T1 in your instance).

In T1, there is one shared Star Alliance lounge, which has separate Business Class and First Class lounges within it. Flying NZ J will permit you access to the Business Class lounge.
Actually, NZ puts its Business Premier passengers in the F side of the *A lounge there in T1.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

What is in there F side that is not on the Business side?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyGuy24
Fewer people!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Actually, NZ puts its Business Premier passengers in the F side of the *A lounge there in T1.
That's interesting! Never knew that. Personally I'm not a fan of the F side as it's quite dark, although is generally quieter than the J side.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyGuy24
The beverages are slightly upgraded and the food selection is less attacked than in the main J lounge. The seating is slightly more spacious eg. with tables between seats. There are more armchair type seats.

Other than that, decor is virtually identical and there is no waiter service or anything like that.

The biggest drawback of the F side is the lack of natural light (not that the J side fares much better on that front).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.