Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Website issues on SQ after Amadeus System Upgrade (Since 08JUL2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website issues on SQ after Amadeus System Upgrade (Since 08JUL2012)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2012, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Unhappy Website issues on SQ after Amadeus System Upgrade (Since 08JUL2012)

SQ has advised on its website that they and subsidiary MI will undergo their system upgrade cutover to Amadeus on 8th July 2012.

Expect chaos, slowdowns, at every level. CX is still having problems with their system after almost a year. QF/BA took almost as long to readjust.

Don't expect the FQTS/FQTV entry as I doubt Amadeus can handle this for now.
If you want to earn $ value on PPS and miles to your fav FFP, call PPS now and have them link your PPS account with your FFP for automatic credit.

Be patient ! But at least you know that you can use checkmytrip for your bookings from then on.

Edited : (Update) - This thread will serve as a continuation of :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-6-2012-a.html

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 15, 2012 at 8:25 pm
Old Jun 25, 2012, 5:36 am

United & Virgin America also had a few problems with moves to SHARES & Sabre respectively...

Cathay was in February, so that has been a very short year!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you've spent as much time as I have waiting on the phone for the res and MPC lines, it will feel like a year !!
Old Jun 29, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Why?

Any insight into why these CRS changes are happening? COdbaUA is obvious, but it isn't clear to me why CX and SQ would be changing at around the same time.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by transportprof
Any insight into why these CRS changes are happening? COdbaUA is obvious, but it isn't clear to me why CX and SQ would be changing at around the same time.
CX had to upload the new premium economy product into their reservations system.

SQ - perhaps someone decided that 14 months of making customers suffer a 3rd rate website should come to an end .
Old Jul 1, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: CO Plat & MP 1K
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
SQ has advised on its website that they and subsidiary MI will undergo their system upgrade cutover to Amadeus on 8th July 2012.

Expect chaos, slowdowns, at every level. CX is still having problems with their system after almost a year. QF/BA took almost as long to readjust.

If you want to earn $ value on PPS and miles to your fav FFP, call PPS now and have them link your PPS account with your FFP for automatic credit.

Be patient ! But at least you know that you can use checkmytrip for your bookings from then on.

Ref : http://singaporeair.com/pdf/media-ce...stomers-en.pdf
What is PPS? I am flying this weekend on SQ and want to credit my miles to my UA account. The information on the UA account is in the reservation -- should I do anything else?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rlbmorton
What is PPS? I am flying this weekend on SQ and want to credit my miles to my UA account. The information on the UA account is in the reservation -- should I do anything else?
If you're crediting miles to UA, then that's all you gotta do.

PPS is SQ's Priority card. It tracks your SQ revenue in C/F flights only. Once you reach SGD $25K a year, you get the PPS card. You are allowed to earn miles on any other programme or Krisflyer but credit the revenue value to PPS. PPS gives you a higher priority waitlist for full flights, duty free shopping vouchers, birthday gifts, etc.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T

Ref : http://singaporeair.com/pdf/media-ce...stomers-en.pdf
My next flight which is on Mon already can be checked via checkmytrip.

But no olci, early checkin for mon flight
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingua101
My next flight which is on Mon already can be checked via checkmytrip.

But no olci, early checkin for mon flight
But where did you do the booking? If its on SQ's website... you shouldn't be able to see it on checkmytrip yet as the migration hasn't started. If you booked through a web agency, maybe they used Amadeus then you would be able to see SQ's booking.

I just tried entering my flight on Sunday (SQ's PNR) onto checkmytrip and it does not work.
After Monday, every current PNR would be switched over to Amadeus

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jul 5, 2012 at 5:54 am
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I wonder if WAW will finally show up as a possible destination when making a booking, especially considering that SQ actually has codeshare flights to this city...

Or will it take more that one major overhaul to sort out such a simple issue?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aster
I wonder if WAW will finally show up as a possible destination when making a booking, especially considering that SQ actually has codeshare flights to this city...

Or will it take more that one major overhaul to sort out such a simple issue?

No. It takes $$$$
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
I just tried entering my flight on Sunday (SQ's PNR) onto checkmytrip and it does not work.
After Monday, every current PNR would be switched over to Amadeus
Will the PNR change to a different number once moved to Amadeus? I read somewhere "New record locators with a 1A prefix will be sent to the GDSs".
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Austman
Will the PNR change to a different number once moved to Amadeus? I read somewhere "New record locators with a 1A prefix will be sent to the GDSs".
1A prefix will only show up on eticket printing info and not for public's eyes. Amadeus record locators will just replace current ones. Tickets issued by other airlines' system will be updated accordingly and those with Amadeus eg award tickets issued by BMI will now have same PNR as theirs.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
I was just able to change my seat on a SQ flight on the LH website!

(Booking had both SQ/LH and the SQ flight just got "injected" into the LH Amadeus PNR [wasn't showing a week ago]).
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
1A prefix will only show up on eticket printing info and not for public's eyes. Amadeus record locators will just replace current ones. Tickets issued by other airlines' system will be updated accordingly and those with Amadeus eg award tickets issued by BMI will now have same PNR as theirs.
But will the letters/numbers stay the same? Ie will current PNR "LWABCD" still be "LWABCD" in Amadeus? I guess we'll all know in a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.