FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Time taken to transfer points to KF 2012 - 2020 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1354995-time-taken-transfer-points-kf-2012-2020-a.html)

SingaporeDon Jun 17, 2014 7:34 am

Originally Posted by LAX888 (Post 23047447)
The miles finally posted today. 14 days after my request was submitted. However in my account they posted on June 4th which is the day Maybank confirmed the transfer was done. This shows that there might have been an issue on the KF side and only with the intervention of Maybank and someone at KF they posted finally today. Still not sure where the issue was as my last transfer took 2 working days.

They normally date the transfer @ the date you actually initiated transfer. i.e although KF credited miles on 17 June, they will still date the transfer at 4 June, although you did not have access to the miles between 4 and 17 June

MDWCommuter Jun 20, 2014 8:27 pm

From SPG, initiated transfer 11Jun14 and was credited in KrisFlyer on 17Jun14. There is something to that once-a-week-on-Tuesday data point.

From Chase, initiated transfer on 17Jun14 and was credited in KrisFlyer on 19Jun14.

doradee Jun 26, 2014 8:03 am

Initiated a transfer from AMEX MR USA on 6/20. The miles just got credited to KF at 8:30am on 6/26. Not sure if the long transfer time was due to this being my first-ever transaction on this KF account. Luckily the award seat I was eyeing (JFK-FRA) was still available, and I was able to grab it :)

nsr Jun 26, 2014 11:47 am

From Amex USA:
Initiated 6/19
Posted 6/26
A full week!:td:
Last transfer about 3 months ago took less than 24 hours.

stiwi Jul 1, 2014 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by enelym1978 (Post 18753510)
Any experiences from Amex Rewards (Singapore)? i have quite some miles there but want to keep them as long as possible on Rewards since they never expire. But just wondering how fast I could get them available on KF, should I need to book a ticket one day?

Amex Rewards to British Airways Executive Club took under 4 hours today, so I am sure to KF won't be much longer.

bluepanda Jul 1, 2014 7:50 pm

Very wierd. Very mysterious.

Two different accounts from DBS:

My Account:
Transferred on 24/6 (Tue)
Not yet posted on 2/7 (Wed)

My Wife's Account:
Transferred on 27/6 (Fri)
Krisflyer updated on 1/7 (Tue). Showed as credited on 27/6.

SingaporeDon Jul 2, 2014 10:21 am

Originally Posted by nsr (Post 23100721)
From Amex USA:
Initiated 6/19
Posted 6/26
A full week!:td:
Last transfer about 3 months ago took less than 24 hours.

I did three transfers on the phone from AMEX MR USA to SQ KF on Sunday night, the miles were in on Tuesday

SingaporeDon Jul 2, 2014 10:23 am

Originally Posted by bluepanda (Post 23128531)

My Account:

My Wife's Account:

They always show up in SQ KF on the date of transfer although they post much later.

stiwi Jul 2, 2014 11:16 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 23131369)
They always show up in SQ KF on the date of transfer although they post much later.

Question is why do they delay posting to account?

From Amex to BAEC it took 4 hours and from SPG to M&M 11 hours. Now it is almost 24 hours since i transferred pts from Hyatt, SPG and Citi cards to KF and there is nothing on my KF account yet.

aster Jul 2, 2014 11:16 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 23131369)

So when looking at how long it takes to transfer miles, in some cases it could be KF that slows things down?

lowside67 Jul 3, 2014 3:32 am

Took 5 days to post from Amex MR (USA)

bluepanda Jul 3, 2014 7:13 am

Originally Posted by bluepanda (Post 23128531)

My Account:

My Wife's Account:

More info:

My Account:
Finally Krisflyer updated on 3/7 (Wed). Showed as credited on 24/6

I queried DBS why the delay, who said that they will batch all the transfer requests from Mon to Fri, then send to KF on Fri. So it might be KF which is delaying.

I had also transferred from HSBC last week (with different results):
Transferred on 26/6 (Thu)
Krisflyer updated on 2/7 (Wed). Showed as credited on 26/6.

Well, still very mysterious.

SingaporeDon Jul 3, 2014 9:42 am

Originally Posted by aster (Post 23131649)
So when looking at how long it takes to transfer miles, in some cases it could be KF that slows things down?

Sorry, may be I was not too clear in what I was saying.

Difficult to say where the delay happens, but some of it happens at the bank end, as most of them seem to be doing batch transfers.

Not sure how much time SQKF takes once they get the miles to post to your account.

What I was trying to say was that whereever the delay may happen ( bank end or SQKF end) when SQKF do finally post the miles, they backdate them to the date on which you initiated the transfer.

enelym1978 Jul 3, 2014 7:53 pm

Just transferred a big block of miles from my UOB AmEx PRVI into KF.

Request was done on the 26th of June, I was charged the S$25 on the 27th and miles posted in my KF account on the 2nd of July.

lcpteck Jul 3, 2014 8:30 pm

Wanted to redeem Biz saver for my Mom flying TPE-SIN-TPE next week.

I forgot to link up UOB Rewards to KF account (Just called in and they will mail the application to me) hence transferred points from my DBS Rewards instead (since that is already linked and I already did a transfer around March of this year due to nearing expiry of miles and I don't have to pay the transfer fee again). As mentioned by previous poster, DBS does consolidated transfer to SQ on friday of every week, I hope to see the miles by early next week so I can book the ticket. Will post again when the miles are in, did the transfer last night.

Mommy only flies once a year IAD-SIN/TPE and does SIN-TPE while she's here in this part of the world before flying back to IAD. Sitting in economy longhaul (UA/NH) must be dreadful for a little old lady hence decided to redeem SQ Biz for her for TPE-SIN. Was thinking to redeem BR instead (cause of the aisle access, 1-2-1 seat configuration) but the 7am departure from TPE is terrible for older folks don't ya think.. :eek: