Wiki Posts
Search

SQ 38

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K DL Medallion Gold
SQ 38

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on SQ 38 or any of the all-biz 340's, because the av geek in me wants to get to LAX from NRT via SIN, but SQ 12 is a nonstop.
Old May 30, 2012, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I did EWR-SIN a couple months ago. Nice experience, but a VERY long flight. Seat was quite comfortable, food was good and service was great.

It is the fastest way to get to/from SIN by a few hours, but you're looking at Tokyo. I'd bet against it pricing reasonably, and you're adding probably 10+ hours to the travel time to get there.
Old May 30, 2012, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K DL Medallion Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I did EWR-SIN a couple months ago. Nice experience, but a VERY long flight. Seat was quite comfortable, food was good and service was great.

It is the fastest way to get to/from SIN by a few hours, but you're looking at Tokyo. I'd bet against it pricing reasonably, and you're adding probably 10+ hours to the travel time to get there.
Thanks! Great TR, been looking for one on the 340 for a while!
Old May 30, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by hndflyer
I was wondering if anyone has any insight on SQ 38 or any of the all-biz 340's, because the av geek in me wants to get to LAX from NRT via SIN, but SQ 12 is a nonstop.
SIN-LAX is around 16.5 hours and the return leg is 17.5 hours so I'm amazed you want to do it from NRT. SQ38/37 tends to be more expensive than the other routing via NRT as it's non-stop. I think it tends to be cheaper if you buy a ticket departing SIN on Monday as the load factor tends to be high at the weekends rather than on weekdays. I actually do not like this flight as it's a little too long in one stretch.

They seat 100 pax only arranged 1-2-1. Standard SQ biz class food, service and seat. On a flight this length, I find the seat irritating as there is no recline-but-not-fully-flat position.
Old May 30, 2012, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I found that I could lean against the incline from the footwell behind me and that was sufficient to be reclined when I wasn't sleeping. The seats are definitely limited in flexibiity, but not horrible. Extremely wide, almost to a fault.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.